The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason the alerts for this thread haven't popped up so I'm a few pages behind. I'm a bit late to the party but congrats on the third place Turtledove! This thread is a ton of fun and very well-written and researched.

*scoff* You guys are crap at guessing. :openedeyewink: My own guess is that Hitler's future better half will be (1) a natural-born American citizen, (2) "white ethnic", and (3) a good churchgoing Catholic like her hubby-to-be.

And (4): she'll come from a wealthy, influential family that can really lend the Senator from Texas a hand in his Presidential ambitions.

Now, good people, an exercise for the class: what families in 1920's America can meet all four of those qualifications?

Kennedy, Smith or Buckley families.
Yeah, honestly I was thinking a Kennedy more than anything. Just which Kennedy is the answer...

Edit: Patrick Joseph had two sisters born in 1892 and 1898, the former getting married in 1927 and the latter in 1924. Maybe one of them could become Hitler's wife.

But hey, that's just a theory. A HISTORY theory.

Last edited:
Hitler disco gif, 2016. The gif was created by internet trolls during a fierce debate on sodomy legalization in Texas. Portraying President Hitler as dancing under a disco insinuates his homosexuality as disco became associated with gay liberation in Western pop culture during the 1970's. The internet gif was not well-received by the Texas Democratic party, condemining it as "unpatriotic, disgusting, and promoting mistruths, whether they be historical or biological". The National Democratic Party affirmed the Texas state unit's position with "while we support freedom of speech, we cannot keep ourselves from condemning such crude attacks upon the greatest president of the 20th century". Comment section netizens responded to the controversy, with one internet user posting, "Lol wtf it's just a joke you overweight middle aged pricks; it's a joke not a dick learn to take one".
why do I laugh so hard at this no matter how many times I read it

Status
Not open for further replies.