The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I’ll be VERY surprised if this Timeline does not win next year! But congrats on winning third place. I’m loving this TL and I hope it keeps getting better and better in the future! Keep up the superb work! :extremelyhappy:

- Kennedy4Ever

congratulations on almost winning a Turtledove.

The Texas version is happy about it too...
83d.jpg

He does nothing bad? He already has.

He filibustered an anti-lynching bill, and he constantly denigrates racial minorities. Wait for him to get into office.

He’s kinder and gentler than OTL German Hitler for he won’t commit any holocuast. Being better than otl Hitler is a very very low bar. In fact, one could argue that Joseph Stalin was better than OTL Hitler. Again, it’s a very low bar. OTL Hitler is the literal epitome of ultimate evil. Adolf Hitler’s crimes against unnaity are so horrific in his slaughter of even infants for they were Jews or Roma, as well as his plans to exterminate 80% of the Slavs in the east, is why I personally think Stalin was better than Hitler. Again, very very low bar.

I wanted to stress that American Hitler is not a carbon copy of OTL Hitler with a Texan accent. He’s different, and not as bad. But oh my god he’s going to do some horrific shit, and some of that horrific shit will be cheered on by his millions of supporters across the country (some more Nixonian backroom deals which are also awful but not public).

I appreciate though you saying my writing was good. I’m only a bit surprised as I thought I’ve hinted strongly throughout this TL that American Hitler is going to do some awful things.

Let's remember that the environment we live in ultimately shapes a person.

TTL Hitler lives in a semi-democratic (I say "semi" because many people of color do not enjoy Constitutional rights) nation with strong checks and balances. OTL Hitler lived in a chaotic, fragile nascent democratic state.

The ideal government understands that people can and are often corrupted by power.

TTL Hitler won't be history's greatest monster, but I can imagine he may end up doing some pretty horrific things. In his own time, he maybe remembered as a great Robin Hood. But in the TTL modern day, the enfranchisement of minority groups will force society to see his potentially racist and undemocratic actions.

OTL, Woodrow Wilson was remembered in his time as a progressive idealists. In the modern day, we are increasingly seeing him as a despicable, racist, wannabe tyrant and imperialist.

Let's remember that the environment we live in ultimately shapes a person.

TTL Hitler lives in a semi-democratic (I say "semi" because many people of color do not enjoy Constitutional rights) nation with strong checks and balances. OTL Hitler lived in a chaotic, fragile nascent democratic state.

The ideal government understands that people can and are often corrupted by power.

TTL Hitler won't be history's greatest monster, but I can imagine he may end up doing some pretty horrific things. In his own time, he maybe remembered as a great Robin Hood. But in the TTL modern day, the enfranchisement of minority groups will force society to see his potentially racist and undemocratic actions.

OTL, Woodrow Wilson was remembered in his time as a progressive idealists. In the modern day, we are increasingly seeing him as a despicable, racist, wannabe tyrant and imperialist.

OTL U.S. Presidents have done "horrific shit", so it's more along the lines of that instead of OTL Nazi Germany.

Honestly, I’ll be VERY surprised if this Timeline does not win next year! But congrats on winning third place. I’m loving this TL and I hope it keeps getting better and better in the future! Keep up the superb work! :extremelyhappy:

- Kennedy4Ever

83d.jpg
Congrats!

tenor.gif

Thank you so much guys! :extremelyhappy::happyblush

The Love this TL has received is tremendous, and I couldn't ask for a better audience :).

I'm so glad this TL has done so well thus far as I've put my heart and soul into it.

Hitler disco gif, 2016. The gif was created by internet trolls during a fierce debate on sodomy legalization in Texas. Portraying President Hitler as dancing under a disco insinuates his homosexuality as disco became associated with gay liberation in Western pop culture during the 1970's. The internet gif was not well-received by the Texas Democratic party, condemining it as "unpatriotic, disgusting, and promoting mistruths, whether they be historical or biological". The National Democratic Party affirmed the Texas state unit's position with "while we support freedom of speech, we cannot keep ourselves from condemning such crude attacks upon the greatest president of the 20th century". Comment section netizens responded to the controversy, with one internet user posting, "Lol wtf it's just a joke you overweight middle aged pricks; it's a joke not a dick learn to take one".

Last edited:

83d.jpg

President Hitler in the famous "bizarre giddiness" photo, 19XX. The photo was taken after (no spoilers but important event), a crucial victory for the Hitler administration. A Republican newspaper writer described the photo as "bizarre giddiness in black and white", with the name sticking. Supporters however have transformed bizarre as implying "mystical" or "spiritual". Republicans tended to mock the photo, which Democrats viewed as sour grapes.

Last edited:
I suppose, but ITTL President Hitler will be a FAR more divisive figure, because he will do things that are both unquestionably good AND terrible evils.

I think he will be in line of President Woodrow Wilson, support the South, be a Race segregationists and Highly anti-communist and favor American Imperialism.
I don't know wen he become POTUS, but i guess top one domestic priority are: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. and his version of "Make America Great Again" after Great Depression will be successful
I have no idea if there will be big war in TL and during his presidency, but if Japan attack Pearl Harbor may god have mercy with them, because Hitler will be very brutal with them.
and there is the question after that War (if it happen) the peace conference who deal with rearrangement of the world
Woodrow Wilson at Paris peace conference lay foundation what happen in 1940-1945, Adolph Hitler will lay the foundation of cold war
and final verdict on this will have the historians in this TL

Wait just to be clear

So in this timeline the dems are going to stay conservative?

And republicans liberal?
Party politics in the US are much more complicated than ONE PARTY LIB ONE PARTY CON.

Each party has a specific platform that generally encompasses and coincides with other groups. For example the Republicans are pro business party. Always have been and they always will be. The Democrats have ever since Jackson been big government populists. They attempt to appeal to the majority no matter who that might be. From their original Agrarian roots to now their very urban platform. The Republicans and Democrats are simply coalition parties of different regions and groups.

Wait just to be clear

So in this timeline the dems are going to stay conservative?

And republicans liberal?

I wouldn't recommend using OTL cold war classifications. I think in many ways both modern OTL liberals and conservatives would be appalled by Hitler. The closest I can reveal is that you can very much call Hitler a nationalist. But remember, what it means to be a nationalist in Latin America vs. the Balkans vs North America differs.

He's not gonna go full Peron if anyone was wondering (that would be ASB in America).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.