Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Treasure Planet, no luck in any TL! :(

Still, good update though and I'm curious of how Harry Potter will be handled ITTL. One thing that OTL Potter film series did was pretty much single handily save the British film industry and if it's animated by Disney here, some interesting butterfly effects might take place here.

I'd love to hear the argument for that, besides them employing most of the region's best actors at the time. I know the UK hardly had any domestic studios besides Eon at this point, but stuff like Working Title and Elstree were around, as was the Film Council, the Trainspotting folk and BBC, ITV, etc...

Poor Treasure Planet, no luck in any TL! :(

Still, good update though and I'm curious of how Harry Potter will be handled ITTL. One thing that OTL Potter film series did was pretty much single handily save the British film industry and if it's animated by Disney here, some interesting butterfly effects might take place here.

It'll actually be Universal and Gemini that produces Potter in association with Richard Williams, who had of course done the LOTR series with United Artists ITTL.

There will also be the first Chronicles of Narnia coming out in December of this year. That'll likely be live action, but first I'll need a director. Maybe Ridely or Tony Scott.

It'll actually be Universal and Gemini that produces Potter in association with Richard Williams, who had of course done the LOTR series with United Artists ITTL.

There will also be the first Chronicles of Narnia coming out in December of this year. That'll likely be live action, but first I'll need a director. Maybe Ridely or Tony Scott.

How about Gore Verbinski or Chris Columbus (The guy who directed the first few Harry Potter films ITTL)

I'd love to hear the argument for that, besides them employing most of the region's best actors at the time. I know the UK hardly had any domestic studios besides Eon at this point, but stuff like Working Title and Elstree were around, as was the Film Council, the Trainspotting folk and BBC, ITV, etc...

Most likely I'll have the same actors from the OTL Potter movies provide the voices ITTL. The voices will be recorded in London while the actual animation will be produced in Hollywood.

How about Gore Verbinski or Chris Columbus (The guy who directed the first few Harry Potter films ITTL)

Good ideas. I say we should conduct a coin toss between those two.

September 11, 2001
iwo-9-11-final.jpg

We will never forget.

S1xUSAFlagRibbonCLR-2.jpg

@MatthewFirth

Warner Bros will have to reschedule Collateral Damage, as they did IOTL.

Terminator 3 was slated for Christmastime, but Hemdale will reschedule it for Summer 2002.

Revolution Studios is ordering reshoots on certain scenes for their upcoming Jet Li/Jason Statham vehicle The One.

Touchstone Pictures is ordering a massive rewrite for the third act of Men in Black 2.

Walt Disney Pictures planned to drop a trailer for Into the Spider-Verse later that week, but decided to rework it. Spider-Verse is slated for Summer 2002 to co-incide with Spidey's 40th anniversary.

Showtime has decided to pull New Line Cinema's Final Destination out of its lineup for this month.

Anyways...

In the immediate days after the September 11th attacks, many aspects of American life stood still.

Flights were grounded until the following Thursday, with airlines slowly resuming business.

The major theme park chains closed their locations out of respect until the following Monday.
296993_10150281072626666_1975194674_n.jpg

20080911+September+11+01.jpg

Old Glory at half mast on Main Street at Disneyland in Anaheim.

Starting on September 17, sporting events got back up and running.

Later that same night, David Letterman returned to The Tonight Show.
TOUT_Letterman.jpg

In the world of pro wrestling, WCW returned on September 24th with a special patriotic edition of Nitro.
reflections_article.jpg

For the Hitchhiking Ghosts...that's gonna be a tough one...

Phineas: Jesse Corti?
Ezra: Tobin Bell, Martin Landau, Donald Sutherland or Peter Stormare?
Gus: Ian Holm or Harry Dean Stanton?

How old is the Emily character supposed to be?

Jesse Corti works for Phineas in the event that it's live action. If it isn't direct resemblence to the characters wouldn't be necessary.

Tobin Bell's raspy voice would work for the Skeletal Ezra.

I'd think either Joe Pesci or Harvey Fierstein would work for Gus.

@MatthewFirth

Warner Bros will have to reschedule Collateral Damage, as they did IOTL.

Terminator 3 was slated for Christmastime, but Hemdale will reschedule it for Summer 2002.

Revolution Studios is ordering reshoots on certain scenes for their upcoming Jet Li/Jason Statham vehicle The One.

Touchstone Pictures is ordering a massive rewrite for the third act of Men in Black 2.

Walt Disney Pictures planned to drop a trailer for Into the Spider-Verse later that week, but decided to rework it. Spider-Verse is slated for Summer 2002 to co-incide with Spidey's 40th anniversary.

Showtime has decided to pull New Line Cinema's Final Destination out of its lineup for this month.

Anyways...

In the immediate days after the September 11th attacks, many aspects of American life stood still.

Flights were grounded until the following Thursday, with airlines slowly resuming business.

The major theme park chains closed their locations out of respect until the following Monday.
296993_10150281072626666_1975194674_n.jpg

20080911+September+11+01.jpg

Old Glory at half mast on Main Street at Disneyland in Anaheim.

Starting on September 17, sporting events got back up and running.

Later that same night, David Letterman returned to The Tonight Show.
TOUT_Letterman.jpg

In the world of pro wrestling, WCW returned on September 24th with a special patriotic edition of Nitro.
reflections_article.jpg
Not too many changes then. It's all good stuff though.

One question, what happening with WWE during this period?

@MatthewFirth

The WWF folded in the summer of 1999 and many of their top talent went to either WCW, ECW or Battle Dome Wrestling.

Vince Russo trotted out a John Kricfalusi gimmick that sparked a massive consumer revolt against the WWF. That was a year and a half after John K's conviction on multiple charges of child abduction, child sexual abuse and attempting to evade justice.

@MatthewFirth

The WWF folded in the summer of 1999 and many of their top talent went to either WCW, ECW or Battle Dome Wrestling.

Vince Russo trotted out a John Kricfalusi gimmick that sparked a massive consumer revolt against the WWF. That was a year and a half after John K's conviction on multiple charges of child abduction, child sexual abuse and attempting to evade justice.

I understand that "Ford Bronko" was in poor taste, but clearly he was a jobber with a distasteful gimmick. At least 90% of "Ford Bronko's" fights likely ended with the John K impersonator getting his face beaten in. So I would've thought that a segment of the population would like it for catharsis's sake.

September 2001 movies
Rock Star
jennifer_aniston_mark_wahlberg_rock_star_001.jpg

Released by Warner Bros on the Friday before 9/11.

Hardball
MV5BMTM0NjA1MTI3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzE5MDY3._V1_.jpg

The first post-9/11 release from Paramount Pictures.

Glitter
screen-shot-2013-09-15-at-22-55-02.png

Fox's first post-9/11 release.

Hearts in Atlantis
v1.bjsyOTEzNDk7ajsxNzg2ODsxMjAwOzMwMDA7MjAwMA

The first post-9/11 release from Touchstone Pictures.

Zoolander
021116-blue-steel-faces-lead.jpg

Released by USA Network Group's new imprint VH1 Films:
GW239H183

@Roger Redux
Potter.

Anyways...
October 6, 2001 marked the official beginning of the 2001-02 Saturday morning season.

Here's a quick glimpse of the new shows on each network.

ABC
Teamo Supremo

hqdefault.jpg

Produced by Hanna-Barbera

CBS
Justice League

latest

Produced by Screen Gems

The Hub
@MountainPuncher
What's with Andy?
Produced by CineGroupe; Distributed by Revolution Studios