Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

This is sicc good fukkin job my guy

If i may whats george hw bush up to?

Thank you! :D Bush is currently serving as the Junior U.S. Senator from Texas ITTL. (He was elected in 1964 over Yarborough). He'll actually feature somewhat prominently in the next update, stay tuned! ;)

I see Goldwater winning the nomination in ‘68. Especially with Reagan’s support in California.

Well bye bye Chairman Mao, it hasn’t been a pleasure. :p

Seriously though, I foresee these negotiations with McNamara and the U.S. going badly for Mao’s reputation.

I guess it will embolden Deng Xiaoping and his moderates to win and defeat the conservative faction...

Interesting predictions! :) I always love hearing what you guys have to say and where you think things are headed.

I predict that the RNC will be brokered. As to who emerges, it will probably be either Romney, Nixon, Rockefeller (I guess he's still an influential figure despite his loss) or James Rhodes.

I guess it will embolden Deng Xiaoping and his moderates to win and defeat the conservative faction...

How so? Unless the moderates go isolationist, which I don’t see happening. Maybe it helps in the short run, but couldn’t this in the long run actually be good for a non-Maoist conservative branch in the long one? If anything, Chen Yun could benefit in the long term.

What about Hua Guofeng?

Perhaps, but seems more like an Icarus figure. My money’s on Chen Yun.

Also Kennedy may turn into a political Bill Clinton. Overall very popular but one major problem hangs over his image: too close with commies (both Russia and China) for the public. How Democrats. I expect to see much red baiting from the GOO. It’s Kennedy and the Democrats’ weakness and it unifies the Party.

Kennedy to being too “commie friendly” as with Bill Clinton “affair scandal”.

Will Jackie ever run for office?

Last edited:
What about Taiwan's reaction? Despite his support by the GOP (mostly due to sentimental reasons dating back to WW2 and the anti-communism card), Chiang was still a corrupt and brutal dictator with a dismal human rights record.

Speaking of affairs, will JFKs cheating ever be exposed,if so how will that affect his legacy?

An excellent question, Mr. President! I'm thinking that they will eventually be exposed, but will not have as big of an impact on Kennedy's reputation and image as they did IOTL. Years of JFK as a devoted family man following Patrick's death and the assassination attempt, not to mention the new image of JFK as the "Second FDR" will probably go a long way toward downplaying the affairs. :) I imagine ITTL people will see these dalliances as "a young man fooling around" before getting serious, rather than seeing Kennedy as a major playboy or anything.

Will Jackie ever run for office?

Another good question, @IntellectuallyHonestRhino! I'm not sure if Jackie ever harbored political ambitions of her own, but I think she will definitely have a career after she and her husband leave the White House of some kind or another. Maybe she enters the private sector as a book editor as per OTL?

This TL needs fan art. Just saying (anime!!!).

Why thank you! I'll never say no to the wonderful art, pictures, designs, and more you all come up with for this TL! :D I'm always blown away by all of your support and talent.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Just read the whole thing. Killing Dylan is unforgivable but otherwise good job! :closedtongue:

I'm just thankful his more famous earlier works up to the Blonde on Blonde album (released in May-July 1966 IOTL) are still around in this TL. But the biggest tragedy within the tragedy here is that we don't get his rendition of "All Along The Watchtower".

But alas, in the spirit and words of many great writers of alternate pop culture timelines, this is not a utopia.

I'm just thankful his more famous earlier works up to the Blonde on Blonde album (released in May-July 1966 IOTL) are still around in this TL. But the biggest tragedy within the tragedy here is that we don't get his rendition of "All Along The Watchtower".

But alas, in the spirit and words of many great writers of alternate pop culture timelines, this is not a utopia.
The real loss is no Blood on the Tracks in ‘75

Thank you Aero :) I agree it will be tragic to not hear Dylan's version of All Along the Watchtower, though I will say that Dylan wrote the song before his death ITTL, so it could turn up for another artist... ;)

The real loss is no Blood on the Tracks in ‘75

Agree wholeheartedly. Blood on the Tracks is a masterpiece.

Thank you Aero :) I agree it will be tragic to not hear Dylan's version of All Along the Watchtower, though I will say that Dylan wrote the song before his death ITTL, so it could turn up for another artist... ;)

Agree wholeheartedly. Blood on the Tracks is a masterpiece.
All Along the Watchtower by The Band would be the tits! I can picture it in my head clearly and crisply as if it were actually recorded!