Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
genusmap.php

I don't know why I made this. It will probably never make sense.
But....
Democrat 350 EVs
Republican 188

If you wanna make some reasoning why this would ever happen, sure, do whatever you want.

genusmap.php

I don't know why I made this. It will probably never make sense.
But....
Democrat 350 EVs
Republican 188

If you wanna make some reasoning why this would ever happen, sure, do whatever you want.
Well, richer coastal states trend democratic (on average) more and more every election (see Georgia and NC), while poorer interior states trend republican more and more every election (Minnesota, Ohio,)

We probably will never see a carbon copy of that map, but come the mid to late 2000s we could be seeing something similar

Carrying over from my work on US Election Atlas, I am posting this county map here:

latest

The map represents a scenario based off this Campaign Trail game: https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/528280. Every state goes Democratic except for Wyoming and Oklahoma. I have been trying to determine how congressional districts in each state would go, based off this map.

Also, what would the breakdown of each demographic look like? How would whites be voting in each state? Nationwide? What about minorities? Does the map reasonably depict the closeness of some states, such as Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas?

Well, richer coastal states trend democratic (on average) more and more every election (see Georgia and NC), while poorer interior states trend republican more and more every election (Minnesota, Ohio,)

We probably will never see a carbon copy of that map, but come the mid to late 2000s we could be seeing something similar
Yeah, the main problems are NH, WV, Hawaii, and Illinois.

Last edited:
Yeah, the main problems are NH, WV, Hawaii, and Illinois.
I could see NH going Blue, but I'd be surprised if West Virginia did. I think Nevada will stay bluer than Arizona. So make Hawaii, Nevada and Illinois Blue and West Virginia Red and I can easily imagine it for the 2032 election (with someone on the Democratic ticket from Pennsylvania).

Carrying over from my work on US Election Atlas, I am posting this county map here:

latest

The map represents a scenario based off this Campaign Trail game: https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/528280. Every state goes Democratic except for Wyoming and Oklahoma. I have been trying to determine how congressional districts in each state would go, based off this map.

Also, what would the breakdown of each demographic look like? How would whites be voting in each state? Nationwide? What about minorities? Does the map reasonably depict the closeness of some states, such as Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas?

Posting this again so that people can see it.

Posting this again so that people can see it.
Well for congressional districts, the question is whether the Republicans can meet in a regular size coat closeto or if they need a larger one. If the State of Wyoming goes Republican then the congressional district is Republican. Oklahoma is probably something like 3R, 2D. Unclear whether the large Nebraska congressional district is R or not. Alabama probably has 2 R districts. Maybe one in West Virginia and definitely the one far Eastern Tennessee. I'm guessing one in the Texas northern Panhandle and maybe 3-4 more. So 12-15 Republicans(?) total. So the larger coat closet

Well for congressional districts, the question is whether the Republicans can meet in a regular size coat closeto or if they need a larger one. If the State of Wyoming goes Republican then the congressional district is Republican. Oklahoma is probably something like 3R, 2D. Unclear whether the large Nebraska congressional district is R or not. Alabama probably has 2 R districts. Maybe one in West Virginia and definitely the one far Eastern Tennessee. I'm guessing one in the Texas northern Panhandle and maybe 3-4 more. So 12-15 Republicans(?) total. So the larger coat closet

Some of those are pretty obvious to me, such as Wyoming. In Oklahoma, I know for a fact that the Eastern District would go Democratic, and so would the Oklahoma City one, while the Tulsa and the Oklahoma Panhandle districts, and probably the southwestern one (with Comanche County), would be Republican. In Alabama, I would imagine that the Mobile-Baldwin County district might be Republican, and certainly the one including the Birmingham suburbs. Democrats would carry two of West Virginia's three districts, and the two eastern Tennessee districts would certainly be Republican. But the Nebraska one is up to debate, and there are also districts elsewhere in the South, in Utah, and in Kentucky that I am not sure about.

Another alternate 1844, this time with Van Buren as the Democratic nominee and John Tyler running on the Democratic-Republican ticket as the pro-annexation candidate.

genusmap.php

The House chooses Tyler while the Senate chooses Frelinghuysen.

Status
Not open for further replies.