Status
Not open for further replies.
During the 80's nickelodeon didn't start airing it's own cartoon untill the early 90's so i doubt any one could do much with a nickoldeon theme during the 80's

Nickelodeon doesn't exclusively air cartoons. Double Dare is coming in October and there will surely be a splat-worthy attraction based on that.

There was great small amusent park open in childhood called Americana (also known as Leswordvile until the 80's).It had a nice seltion of vintage rides it's own lake It closed in 1999 but reopend for a year in 2002 as lesworudviles lake. My Mother believed that they used to flim the Banna splits there. According to the internet the show was flimed at coney island in cinciniti. However Banna Spits decales on the park's bathroom doors makes me belive that the park linceed them as mascots. Does anybody like the idea abc deciding to revive the banna splits in the late 90's early 2000's

There was great small amusent park open in childhood called Americana (also known as Leswordvile until the 80's).It had a nice seltion of vintage rides it's own lake It closed in 1999 but reopend for a year in 2002 as lesworudviles lake. My Mother believed that they used to flim the Banna splits there. According to the internet the show was flimed at coney island in cinciniti. However Banna Spits decales on the park's bathroom doors makes me belive that the park linceed them as mascots. Does anybody like the idea abc deciding to revive the banna splits in the late 90's early 2000's

@Goldwind2

The Banana Splits were more or less a product of the early seventies. Not sure how to update them for the turn of the millennium without compromising what must have made them so cool to begin with.

@Goldwind2

The Banana Splits were more or less a product of the early seventies. Not sure how to update them for the turn of the millennium without compromising what must have made them so cool to begin with.

There was an banna splits revial attempt in 2008 otl. it produced an series of new comedy shorts and music videos on cartoon, a new alubm and a childern section at the short lived hard rock amusment park

Xenomorphs
600px-T2StanWinstonAlienQueen.jpg

Seven years had passed since New Line Cinema went from a sleepy B movie studio to a growing mid-major overnight with the release of Xenomorph. The success of the original film earned them the nickname "The House that Ellen Ripley Built." A sequel had been in development hell in the ensuing years, until founder Bob Shaye appointed Lawrence Gordon, the one-time mentor of Joel Silver, as head of production. Instead of the expected title Xenomorph II, James Cameron went with a pluralized Xenomorphs for his screenplay. Production took place at Pinewood Studios on a budget of $17.5 million USD. Cameron would have a difficult time during filming, as many crew members still pledged loyalty to Dan O'Bannon, who directed the original. Screenings of the Terminator were not enough to get the crew on Cameron's side, and his undying perfectionism wasn't very much help either.

Veronica Cartwright returns as Ellen Ripley. This time, she awakens almost 60 years after the events of the first film. And worst of all, we learn that Ripley had a daughter who passed away while her mother was still in hypersleep.

RIPLEY: "I promised her, that I would be home for her birthday. Her eleventh birthday." (sobs)

Aliens-James-Cameron_600.jpg

Now, Ripley must lead a company of Colonial Marines to LV-426 to investigate an alien disturbance at a terraforming colony known as Hadley's Hope. Instead of seeing the Marines get decimated so quickly like in the OTL film, Pvt Mark Drake (Mark Rolston), Cpl Collette Ferro (Collette Hiller), Pvt Willie Hudson (Bill Paxton), Sgt Al Apone (Al Matthews) and Pvt Jenette Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) are given more screen time for the audience to get to know them a little better. From those five, only Drake joins Ripley, Cpl Dwayne Hicks (Michael Biehn), Rebecca "Newt" Jorden (Carrie Henn) and the android Bishop (Lance Henriksen) for the final escape from the planet.

With Carlo Rambaldi committed to other projects, the studio called upon Stan Winston to construct the villainous Xenomorph Queen for the final battle in the film. Additionally, Winston had a hand in designing the costumes of the Xenomorph warriors. To create the visual effects for the film, James Cameron enlisted the Skotak brothers, with whom Cameron had worked previously on several projects at Grand Diamond, like Battle Beyond the Stars and Galaxy of Terror.

Released on July 18, 1986, Xenomorphs made enough of a sizeable profit to convince New Line Cinema to pursue a third Xenomorph adventure.

And one more thing, Xenomorphs saw the debut of a new logo for New Line...

Disney park ideas Summer '86
@Roger Redux
@PunMaster

Ok cool.

BTW, have we already decided if Discovery Bay was to be part of the upcoming Long Beach park?

2015-08-31%2012.00.43%20am_zpsuiunhshd.png

The area marked in dark blue on the top left was where Discovery Bay was proposed IOTL. In purple and brown on the left is that west side expansion of Bear Country and International Square. In Green will be Indiana Jones come the nineties. I wonder if we should save the dark blue area for something else later or what. Anyways, the area in lavender on the right is of course Tomorrowland, but I still haven't decided which revamp will require the least amount of upgrades. On the top right in magenta is of course where we put additional Fantasyland rides and the Autopia track. I wonder if we should still have Toontown, and if there was a way we could redo the Autopia track to open up more space in that part of the park. And I wonder if we should still have a performance stage like Videopolis/Fantasyland theatre IOTL, or if that could be saved for the second Anaheim gate.

I vote for having Discovery Bay placed there, as well as adding the Videopolis/Fantasyland theater. As for Toontown, we might want to wait on that, see if there's anything else we want to add first.

Status
Not open for further replies.