Graphic Thread

D9MUv3y.jpg

A screenshot of the website of the New Haven Railroad, Southern New England's largest railroad and the second largest in the Commonwealth of New England after the government-owned New England Rail. The company operates the busiest railroad service in New England, and one of the busiest railroads to cross international borders, with service between Connecticut and US State of New York.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Bambi Once More: Sort of a twist on No Longer Jack and Helter Skelter, with Blair being shot at during the fuel strikes. He survives and continues on as PM, but mentally he's regressed back to the Footite 'Bambi'.
bom.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I'm trying to do one of those pop-art style effects (and I used Norman Fowler as a base because of course I did), though I'm not sure how it turned out.
fowler.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I was digging through documents from one of my old phases and found this:
2005 general election.png

Okay, so what it is is

um

I'm not actually sure what the scenario behind this was, but I do know that it pertains to the 2005 General Election, and is a Conservative/UUP Government. I remember specifically that this is a Michael Howard Government and Blair was defeated, but I can't remember the specifics of the seat numbers, nor the three-way split with Northern Ireland.

I was digging through documents from one of my old phases and found this:
View attachment 308758
Okay, so what it is is

um

I'm not actually sure what the scenario behind this was, but I do know that it pertains to the 2005 General Election, and is a Conservative/UUP Government. I remember specifically that this is a Michael Howard Government and Blair was defeated, but I can't remember the specifics of the seat numbers, nor the three-way split with Northern Ireland.
What is the pink dot about? And is the lighter green dot Respect?

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I'm interested in the context of this - did Mozambique gain independence earlier? (or is there some other Maputo I'm not aware about?).

Otherwise, in 1971, it would still be Lourenço Marques.
Maputo in this context is a state centred on the Maputo river (hence the name) that's declared itself an independent state with South African and Rhodesian backing, the rest of Mozambique sort fragmented between a few different groups as Portuguese efforts to hold the country collapse in the later 60's, if that makes sense. It's only referred to as Maputo by Rees-Mogg in-universe because of the river connection, and outside of that because I didn't know what to suitably refer it such a state as.

Though I realise as I write this it'd be a bit like calling Maryland the Potomac or London the Thames.

Two posters I made for my Victoria II campaign/AAR. I would appreciate any constructive criticism! (Would a drop shadow work on the map?)
You can click on them to link to the full size versions.

Last edited:
Another round of AH Stop Signages from DeviantArt:
AFRICA
ah_stop_signage__karnem_bornu_kanuristan_by_ramones1986-davr4kl.png

KARNEM-BORNU/KANURISTAN
"Kaldu!"

ah_stop_signage__somalia_by_ramones1986-dav4s7r.png

SOMALIA
"Joojin!"

ah_stop_signage__morocco__sabir_mozarabic__by_ramones1986-dazz485.png

MOROCCO (TANGER-TETUAN/SABIR-SPEAKING REGION)
"Fermar!"

MIDDLE EAST
ah_stop_signage___akkadian_speaking__iraq_by_ramones1986-dazhyim.png

AKKADIAN-SPEAKING IRAQ
"Batāqu!"

ah_stop_signage__aramea_by_ramones1986-dayavzt.png

ARAMEA
"Skar!"

FAR EAST
ah_stop_signage__tibet_by_ramones1986-dayib56.png

TIBET
"Ga Ka-da!"