Graphic Thread

Independent New England
2016 Election
1982 Election
1994 Election
Dione Stellavem and MacGuire Altamont

The Acadia Statehood Party is a New England political party that advocates for the separation of Southern and Northern Maine (Acadia). Founded during the Vergil administration in 1982 by Flemming Herbert, the party ran on a platform strongly attacking the national political parties. The party played a role in the "Ruggerio Revolution" of 1982, winning various Acadian local elections on a platform attacking the moderate and liberal representation of Northern Maine. A great moment for the ASP was party founder Flemming Herbert winning the 1986 Maine 4th Parliamentary District Election in a shockingly large victory. The parliamentary representation of the party dramatically increased its influence on Maine and nationwide politics, leading to the 1991 Acadia Statehood referendum. The referendum became a divisive issue in New England politics, with newly elected Prime Minister Artz supporting the ''no'' campaign, but many conservative members of the Constitutional Conservative Party supporting the "yes" campaign. The "no" campaign won a resounding victory in the referendum, leading to both ASP members of Parlament losing re-election. Herbert stayed on as party leader until his 2002 arrest for tax fraud. As of 2017, the ASP has six seats in the Maine legislature, with Ethan L. Mattis winning a seat in the 2016 Maine elections.

A logo I made for Oppo's Acadia Statehood Party / Parti pour l'indépendance acadienne.
Pour notre beau pays!

1699eca3d753471688a999f9854b0266.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I grow bored easily and come up for front pieces for TL's I have no real intention of ever doing.

Untitled-1.png

Enoch TL, obviously. I have mused on the idea of having a go at it myself, finding ENF shit and Gordon Banks good, but outdated in many regards. I'm not really sure where my ideas are on it right now, as it's fairly fragmented.

Untitled-2.png

So yeah, Thorpe. Not sure, might use if for something Großbritannien related.

Untitled-3.png

This one was more just wanting to play around with double exposure. In my mind it's for a Dick Taverne TL where Labour lurches right-ward in the 1960s, resulting in him becoming Chancellor and later Prime Minister. Troubles and all that. Maybe titled something like 'Panic Nation'.

upload_2017-2-14_14-9-9.png
upload_2017-2-14_14-9-27.png

These are two images I made, based on the idea of a darker and grittier alternate West Wing timeline. In it Zoey Bartlet is killed during her kidnapping, which cause Bartlet to go over the edge and, in a moment of madness, the US ends up invading Qumar after its monarchy refuses to cooperate with US plans for revenge following the killing. Things spiral out of control from there, and during a peace summit between Israel and Palestine a tense Bartlet fires his Chief of Staff Leo McGarry which, unlike in the series, leads to a fatal heart attack rather than just a dangerous one. With his best friend and daughter dead, the increasingly paranoid and overworked Bartlet suffers a devastating stroke which leads to his resignation. Bob Russel becomes President, but botches the opening phases of the war and, despite winning the Democratic nomination, loses to former Speaker of the House Haffley, who promises a decisive victory in Qumar and to reverse the mistakes of the Bartlet administration...