The Great Crusade (Reds! Part 3)

Just wanted to say I like the coat of arms, at least for the Red Army. It feels more militaristic than I would like for the union coat of arms.

Definitely. These are mostly roadmaps.
Hey, any way I could get in touch with you on my skype to share some ideas in a more real time format?

Your online times are rather sporadic and I often feel buried by other comments.

Just wanted to say I like the coat of arms, at least for the Red Army. It feels more militaristic than I would like for the union coat of arms.

Thanks! If you give me some guidelines, I could probably make a coat of arms for the UASR government itself (and maybe the various Secretariats).

I also made a logo for the Jewish Labor Bund.

What can I say? Graphic design is my passion.

JewishLaborBund.png

Thanks! If you give me some guidelines, I could probably make a coat of arms for the UASR government itself (and maybe the various Secretariats).

I also made a logo for the Jewish Labor Bund.

What can I say? Graphic design is my passion.

I really like that because it feels a lot like the Roterkampf logo. By the way. I've been very won over by the new Jacobin Article about he rise or Hitler to think about a timeline where a united front between the SPD and KPD managed to prevent the rise of the nazis if anyone has recommendations for further reading on that. And PODs to plausibly make it happen.

Out of interest, in the post-revolution society, would this guy get more attention?

He was an early Communist, fought in the American Civil War on the side of the Union, and during the 1849 uprising in southern Germany Friedrich Engels served as his aide-de-camp.

One of the more fascinating things of the OTL Soviet Union was the songs sung by the Red Army, echoing the musical tradition of the French revolution before it.

Would the UASR produce anything up to the caliber of Polyushka Polye, Let's go!, The Sacred War, Katyusha and the Soviet anthem for its Army choir?

One of the more fascinating things of the OTL Soviet Union was the songs sung by the Red Army, echoing the musical tradition of the French revolution before it.

Would the UASR produce anything up to the caliber of Polyushka Polye, Let's go!, The Sacred War, Katyusha and the Soviet anthem for its Army choir?
Actually I would be quite interested in music in general. I'm sure quite a few odd fusion genres have popped up ITTL.

I just realized that throughout this six year journey, we've barely even touched on Australia and New Zealand. How are things in the land down under?

I'm going to make a rather large bet that the White Australia policy, except for maybe "honorary whites" [e.g., rich Arabs and Indians] is going to be staying in effect for rather longer than in OTL...

teg

Hey, any way I could get in touch with you on my skype to share some ideas in a more real time format?

Your online times are rather sporadic and I often feel buried by other comments.
I don't use Skype. PM me and we can work out something.
I just realized that throughout this six year journey, we've barely even touched on Australia and New Zealand. How are things in the land down under?
Definitely an oversight.

Australia and New Zealand are definitely the furthest outpost of the realm. The closest center of FBU power is India, separated by an ocean and a chain of islands that are running sores of insurgency. We can definitely predict a strong tendency towards Cold War paranoia, especially towards Asiatic Communists.

I don't use Skype. PM me and we can work out something.

Definitely an oversight.

Australia and New Zealand are definitely the furthest outpost of the realm. The closest center of FBU power is India, separated by an ocean and a chain of islands that are running sores of insurgency. We can definitely predict a strong tendency towards Cold War paranoia, especially towards Asiatic Communists.
It would be rather ironic for Australia to go from what is often considered a mini-America in the eastern pacific region to a country that vehemently rejects anything even remotely American out of fear of subversion. Of course, Australia thinking of itself as a fortress state isn't exactly anything novel by OTL standards. With Australia's vast mineral wealth and strategic location I'd see them as becoming the subject of heavy investment; particularly as Australia is a largely safe area to get that precious Uranium from. New Zealand probably continues its long, storied history of geopolitical irrelevance though :p

In WW2 though I'm wondering if Japan would try pressing any harder against Australia than it did OTL. To my knowledge trying to actually invade Australia beyond seizing some of the northern coast towns was regarded even by the IJA to be a dumb idea, but pinning Australian resources down does put allied operations in the area in jeopardy.

It would be rather ironic for Australia to go from what is often considered a mini-America in the eastern pacific region to a country that vehemently rejects anything even remotely American out of fear of subversion. Of course, Australia thinking of itself as a fortress state isn't exactly anything novel by OTL standards. With Australia's vast mineral wealth and strategic location I'd see them as becoming the subject of heavy investment; particularly as Australia is a largely safe area to get that precious Uranium from. New Zealand probably continues its long, storied history of geopolitical irrelevance though :p

In WW2 though I'm wondering if Japan would try pressing any harder against Australia than it did OTL. To my knowledge trying to actually invade Australia beyond seizing some of the northern coast towns was regarded even by the IJA to be a dumb idea, but pinning Australian resources down does put allied operations in the area in jeopardy.

Honestly, given how the blowback against the American revolution will likely be felt hardest in the other nations of the Anglosphere, it wouldn't shock me if Australia is essentially collaborating with the Japanese for most of the war. Even if they formally go to war. (Essentially, Australia doesn't lift a finger to help the Allies in the Pacific, or on the Eastern front, and Japan doesn't bother Australian ships)

Update cause today is the anniversary of me being flung into this cold uncaring world?
Don't rush Jello Biafra, E. Burke. She should update at her own tempo.

Besides it's not the rest of us don't have days when we are flung into this world and we don't demand an update on our birthday.

E. Burke

Banned
Don't rush Jello Biafra, E. Burke. She should update at her own tempo.

Besides it's not the rest of us don't have days when we are flung into this world and we don't demand an update on our birthday.

I was joking, mostly so i could say that today was my birthday