Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed to include your advice. Also, I realized I forgot to explain China. After the Soviets conquered East Europe they launched an offensive into Uyghuristan and Mongolia. England France and Japan allied to stop them from entering China proper, and as part of the plan they helped the Republic of China consolidate the Interior China, but they wound up keeping certain areas as "to protect against communism". Smaller countries like Iran and Thailand were also conquered to stop communism's spread. So what do people think?

communism.png

I find it difficult to believe that any entity would be allowed to remain under the name 'Islamic State' afterwards, unless that's a contemporary map.

Also, while initially citizens might believe it was the Americans based on just the first attack, I rather think that by the time you've got the couriers towards Kirkuk and Damascus picked up and the fact that it just happens to miss the city where the Higher Ups happen to be living that most would be more likely to believe that the Islamists had done it.

That map looks very interesting and it has quite some intriguing names!
Some are translations, some are attempts at viking-ifying the names.

So is it a post apocalyptic North America?
I thought it was an earlier contact America.
Technical sort of both and sort of neither. Stereotypes of various North American regions were sent back in time with false histories and the Vikings stumbled upon the area roughly as per OTL, but the contact was a more thorough.

From same world as my last WIP, here is a look at New France in it's early settlement.

I. Nouvelle Orleans
II. Nouvelle Gascogne
III. Qoinetique
IV. Vierginie
V. Massuche

New France.png

Delvestius

Banned
Here's a dumb map I threw together, featuring "lingua Francas" spoken across multiple countries.

cyllnAD.png

Last edited:

Delvestius

Banned
Why not French?

I misread, I thought you said Indonesia instead of Indochina.

They don't really use French in Indochina anymore, it has been being replaced with Chinese and English but I don't know to what degree; Neither is an official language any any regional country besides Singapore.

For those whom have been following my WIP's, here is the complete map, key and all. Now, without further ado, I present: THREE SIDES OF THE SAME COIN.

1984 Neo Redone.png

Well, this here is sort of work in progress.

I was interested in the World M ever since it was put up here on AH.com so I decided to adapt one of the older maps I posted on AH.com to the World M and see how it turned out.

It will probably always be a work in progress, in that the borders can always use a bit of tweaking, but Im kind of happy with out how it turned out.

What do you guys think? The POD was in the very early 1800s ish during the war of 1812, though that wasn't the major POD.

Interesting - I wonder if Spain would be able to maintain that rump empire without Centroamerica. I like the aesthetics of the European borders; is that an alt-Yugoslavia or a mega-Bulgaria?

The Description needs major work but here is my MOFT 110.

Pretty grim. The map itself is really nice - I like the way you've delineated the region. Surprised there wouldn't be an attempt on Damascus, though. So the plan is basically the mother of all false flag attacks to rally the people against the US coalition?

---

Well, I wanted to wait a bit longer before posting this, given I generally don't like riffing off very recent events, but given the inspiration for this doesn't look likely to disappear any time soon, I thought I might as well post it. It's background material for a webcomic which is a sequel to a webcomic I probably won't get around to for a decade or to, so don't expect to see too much more on this any time soon. I was considering incorporating what happens immediately after this map, but after seeing islander's entry for MOTF 110 it would probably be too same-y. Suffice it to say the story ends with a War of the Worlds quote. The map itself is inspired by Wikipedia's attempts to map the evolving clusterfuck in Iraq and Syria. It should be noted the basemap is completely built from scratch using overlapping maps of each country from different sources.

An alt-Northern Mali conflict gets infinitely worse when the Touaregs hire ADARI (Armée pour la Defense et l'Augmentation de Republic Islamique) to overhaul their command structure. ADARI, known in the English-language media as ADAIR, is an Islamist mercenary group known for use of advanced weaponry such as altered-reality HUDs, RFID tracking of individual soldiers and microwave/sonic crowd control devices. ADAIR wastes little time in hijacking the rebellion and converting it into a brutal theocratic/technocratic state.

Although their tech edge is progressively diluted in the ever-expanding conflict, ADAIR take over a swathe of West Africa, including effectively exiling the governments of Mali and Niger, declaring a new state called the Kalifayt Islamiyya or Islamic Caliphate (which appellation is, as OTL's ISIS, generally rejected by the world media). Their leader, Abu Ottoman, claims to be a direct descendent of Mehmed VI, a claim slightly spoiled by a strong Birmingham accent.

This map is set in December 2014, shortly after the shock fall of Oran to a group of largely untrained foreign fighters flying ADAIR's flag. At this point ADAIR is fighting a twelve-front war, and is continuing to take territory - though largely at this point by joining with like-minded groups in Nigeria, northern Chad and the Libyan desert (which groups quickly find that Ottoman has no use for alternative leadership structures). The USA, unlike OTL, has fallen into complete isolation, with the right preoccupied with the crisis in Mexico and the left unwilling to countenance yet another foreign invasion. In Timbuktu, ADAIR's official capital, however, reality is about to assert itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.