Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting map. Indeedly a bit "special", but I kinda like it.
I saw, You made some errors with the German names. Here are my corrections :)

Lille-Kales --> Flämisch Insel-Kalen
Namur --> Namür
Marne --> Matern
Bouillon --> Beulen/Bulen
Besankon --> Bisanz
Neuenberg --> Neuenburg
Verdun --> Wirten/Verden a. d. Maas
Pfälz --> Pfalz

Why exactly are you changing Lille to Flämisch Insel? That makes no sense at all!!

UK wank!

This is the world in the year 1925
Pod: Red Week in Holland is more organized and ends in a successful coup d'état, which causes France and England to focus on capturing Dutch colonies to prevent communism from spreading, meaning they withdraw from the Russian civil war. The soviets focus on defeating Poland and meet up with the Spartacus League in Prussia, leading to many other leftist revolts succeeding throughout Europe.
Seems like the US should have been given the Dutch colonies in the Americas, especially since the French and British fleets would be busy around Europe. Don't see the French needing Suriname either, since French Guiana was already fairly useless, and they had gotten Cameroon, Togo, and Syria from the British. Also, did Turkey go out of the way to take every square meter of land inhabited by Armenians from the former Russian empire, while leaving the Turks of Adjara and the Muslim Azeris alone?

I Only Have Eyes For You

This is a map of Europe just before the Great War in one of the alternate realities of "I Only Have Eyes For You."

The powers are in two alliances, the Allies, using the symbol of the Steel Star, and the Central Powers, using the symbol of the Iron Cross. Our players have slipped to 1916 Paris just as the forces of the Austro-Hungarian-Prussian Empire have taken Paris.

Only 1914.png

Pod: Red Week in Holland is more organized and ends in a successful coup d'état, which causes France and England to focus on capturing Dutch colonies to prevent communism from spreading, meaning they withdraw from the Russian civil war. The soviets focus on defeating Poland and meet up with the Spartacus League in Prussia, leading to many other leftist revolts succeeding throughout Europe.
I'll forgive the conquest of everything between Berlin and Minsk, because that's conquest, but you've made a classic '20s Red Germany mistake. The Bavarian Soviet Republic was a Potemkin village. The real strongholds of the KPD and KAPD in the early '20s, besides Berlin, were Stuttgart in Wurtemburg, Halle in Thuringia, and some flecks in the northwest, including Bremen. If you want to include the USPD among the Reds, their big base of support was Leipzig in Saxony (it seems you've included that).

What happened to the Tai-Kadai? Did they still invade the South, did they stay put, or did they go elsewhere- say, China or India?

My project is still very much a WIP, and I'm not sure what kind of butterfly effects there would be, so for now I left the Tai-Kadai as OTL... unless someone suggests how the changes I have presented might have influenced their position.

So, Japan and the phillipeans switch places?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: the Japanese of this TL will be about as foreign as the Koreans and Chinese are to the OTL Japanese. Whatever that means. Same with the filipinos.

While the name "Japan" will probably not exist in this TL, the Land of the Rising Sun and an equivalent to the Yamato emperor will still be a thing.

Likewise, the people who came to call themselves filipino will have a different name for their new homeland and population.

This is a map of Europe just before the Great War in one of the alternate realities of "I Only Have Eyes For You."

The powers are in two alliances, the Allies, using the symbol of the Steel Star, and the Central Powers, using the symbol of the Iron Cross. Our players have slipped to 1916 Paris just as the forces of the Austro-Hungarian-Prussian Empire have taken Paris.

I really hope that Austro-Hungarian-Prussian Empire is a federation of some sort. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it will collapse in on itself.

I really hope that Austro-Hungarian-Prussian Empire is a federation of some sort. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it will collapse in on itself.

It's a federation like the Austro-Hungarian Empire in OTL, except it has 3 capitals, not 2. (Otherwise it would just have been the 2nd Reich)

The slippers aren't too concerned about this. It's a background for a strange reality they've found themselves slipped into, rather than a normal ATL based on one POD with a rational development from there.

My project is still very much a WIP, and I'm not sure what kind of butterfly effects there would be, so for now I left the Tai-Kadai as OTL... unless someone suggests how the changes I have presented might have influenced their position.
Well, I don't think research has been done- or can even be done- for the Tai-Kadai's reasons and mechanism of migration. One thing is certain, though: It's unlikely for it to converge. IE, the Thai and Myanma in Thailand and Burma should be present in somewhat different areas at the very least, perhaps with a remnant kingdom between the two groups. More likely, they would have done something different- if not a completely different direction, it's quite plausible for them to have wiped out the Viet before they were really Viet. It's also possible for the group to have died out rather then spreading, or to have stayed in place. They're a big wildcard, basically, but it's likely they would have done thing different even with a tiny POD in Tibet, much less the major things you have done.

Note also that alternate migrations mean alternate campsite locations, which mean altered weather, in turn butterflying the existence of every single noteworthy person in the Americas who was born more than 30 years after the POD. Basically? No Inca, no Aztec. Surviving Mississippians? Surviving Amazonians? Sure, that's plausible. Different Peruvian and Mexican empires? Sure, that's plausible, but it will be different uniting factions in all probability, with different borders.

Well, this here is sort of work in progress.

I was interested in the World M ever since it was put up here on AH.com so I decided to adapt one of the older maps I posted on AH.com to the World M and see how it turned out.

It will probably always be a work in progress, in that the borders can always use a bit of tweaking, but Im kind of happy with out how it turned out.

What do you guys think? The POD was in the very early 1800s ish during the war of 1812, though that wasn't the major POD.

World M mars attacks rough borders.png

Last edited:
Well, I don't think research has been done- or can even be done- for the Tai-Kadai's reasons and mechanism of migration. One thing is certain, though: It's unlikely for it to converge. IE, the Thai and Myanma in Thailand and Burma should be present in somewhat different areas at the very least, perhaps with a remnant kingdom between the two groups. More likely, they would have done something different- if not a completely different direction, it's quite plausible for them to have wiped out the Viet before they were really Viet. It's also possible for the group to have died out rather then spreading, or to have stayed in place. They're a big wildcard, basically, but it's likely they would have done thing different even with a tiny POD in Tibet, much less the major things you have done.

Note also that alternate migrations mean alternate campsite locations, which mean altered weather, in turn butterflying the existence of every single noteworthy person in the Americas who was born more than 30 years after the POD. Basically? No Inca, no Aztec. Surviving Mississippians? Surviving Amazonians? Sure, that's plausible. Different Peruvian and Mexican empires? Sure, that's plausible, but it will be different uniting factions in all probability, with different borders.

Noted. Thank you for your insight. Perhaps I can find some creative things to do with our dear mobile peoples... The riches of China beckon :D

It's a slow night for comments.

It looks good. What's the scenario. What year?

Thanks, but sorry, I can't tell you anything about the scenario or year till I finish it with the Key. As even giving the year will give too much away. But it will be obvious when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.