Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world of A Royal America, POD in the American Revolution.

1830.png

Just a little something I quickly cooked up, namely a Northern secession scenario, with a vague POD in the mid-1830s.

Since I was too lazy for doing the legend on the map, here are the numbers explained:

1) Delaware
2) Maryland (got Washington back a while ago)
3) Virginia (lost its northern panhandle to FSA Pennsylvania for convenience's sake)
4) Kentucky
5) Indiana
6) Illinois
7) North Carolina
8) Tennessee
9) South Carolina
10) Georgia
11) Florida
12) Alabama
13) Mississippi
14) Louisiana
15) Texas
16) Arkansaw
17) Sequoyah Territory
18) Oklahoma
19) Missouri
20) Kansas
21) Minnesota
22) Washington
23) Lakota Territory
24) Nebraska
25) Idaho (hello, Idaho Springs!)
26) Montezuma (VERY big)
27) Sonora
28) Colorado
29) Sacramento
30) Nevada
31) Utah
32) Oregon
33) Jefferson
34) Spokane
35) Montana
36) Metropolis, D.C. (replaced Washington a few years after the Civil War)
a) Chicago (the sole non-obvious FSA state)

USA FSA teaser.png

Last edited:
Map of North America with a POD in the 1650s-1670s. So the main POD is that the Dutch invest more into the New Netherlands colony, leading to a Afrikaner/Quebec situation to start with the settlers surviving due to high birth rates. However, the English get pissed off that they aren't English, etc, so they kick them out. The Amerikaners then begin a warpath throughout the south destroying the stillborn Carolinas to be mostly destroyed and then conquer French Louisiana. as a result of Carolina being destroyed, A couple nations found settler colonies and become rich of the Cotton trade. Mexico, Colombia, et al escape Spanish rule and become thriving republics, with Mexico becoming the USA of our world. Russia, who was eventually going to get a colony, is Colonizing Oregon with no competition, but Mexico is eyeing the rest of California. Brazil is like Canada, with the Brazilian Confederation and the Amazon Company claiming the Amazon. Virgina and New England became free, but became semi-flawed nations.
An excellent sort of messy. More maps should start showing such large areas of land should show settlement in that way instead of just blotting out huge areas of land as if they became heavily occupied.

Map of North America with a POD in the 1650s-1670s. So the main POD is that the Dutch invest more into the New Netherlands colony, leading to a Afrikaner/Quebec situation to start with the settlers surviving due to high birth rates. However, the English get pissed off that they aren't English, etc, so they kick them out. The Amerikaners then begin a warpath throughout the south destroying the stillborn Carolinas to be mostly destroyed and then conquer French Louisiana. as a result of Carolina being destroyed, A couple nations found settler colonies and become rich of the Cotton trade. Mexico, Colombia, et al escape Spanish rule and become thriving republics, with Mexico becoming the USA of our world. Russia, who was eventually going to get a colony, is Colonizing Oregon with no competition, but Mexico is eyeing the rest of California. Brazil is like Canada, with the Brazilian Confederation and the Amazon Company claiming the Amazon. Virgina and New England became free, but became semi-flawed nations.
I hate this map because it makes me realize that I really need to step up my worlda mapping game. But really, excellent job and I absolutely adore the look of it!

Nice. How did they not take all Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa and Minnesota?

While Indiana and Illinois did have some hardline abolitionist/secessionist tendencies, those were ultimately only "universal" in the northern portions (IOTL places like Little Egypt in southern Illinois had major CSA sympathies after all), hence the creation of the State of Chicago. TTL saw several proposals for how big Chicago should be or if rump-Illinois and rump-Indiana should be united but in the end the portrayed border was established.

What we know as Iowa and Minnesota never were established and instead *Minnesota and *Washington came into being. And while both states had FSA sympathies the local governments decided to be pragmatic and stick with DC, since 1) they were quite young states at the time and 2) because the situation of the FSA cause in nearby Illinois was too insecure, so they kinda mirrored Kentucky and Missouri from OTL's Civil War.

Overall the FSA is quite "minimalistic" but that's just because I followed the principle that if you were to have a successful secessionist movement in the US, it wouldn't be able to gain everything it would naturally claim (in case of the CSA, getting the entirety of the claimed territory would also be unrealistic after all).

Asami

Banned
u8LejCt.png

This is an unrealistic map, but it's what will my German Empire will be after the Prussian Revolution. In an RP on NationStates, Prussia is taken over by radical thinkers who pilot a short-lived bureaucratic despotic republic before the mixture of Frederick the Great-esque enlightened absolutism and liberalism seize hold, and a charismatic Emperor comes to the fore. The German Empire rapidly pushes back European powers with the help of the Cossack Hetmanate and Russians, and create a new order in Central Europe, becoming one of the largest states there.

This thing has a lot of provinces, and the reason I made it so archaic and confusing is because it gives an old-time HRE feel, but all the provinces are secular elective/republican provinces, except for Hohenzollern, which is a hereditary province.

Here's an alternate cultural development:

In Europe the Proto-Germans stay more united, Franks are slightly less romanized, and the Dutch take over Britain.

In Asia, the filipinos and other austronesian aborigines are forced to migrate, and end up landing in Jomon Japan, where they mix with the culture in the south, leading to a very distinct cultural division in OTL Japan between South Jomon (filipinos) and North Jomon (Ainu). Meanwhile the Yayoi go south instead of east, starting with Jeju, then the Ryukyus, then temporarily settling on Taiwan before going further south to the filipines. Koreans are split between north and south cultures, with the southerners following the yayoi to Taiwan and Hainan, and the northerners staying on the Korean peninsula.

Future plans are to have much of Europe dominated by a huge loose confederation of germanic peoples, and have two "Japan"s (the Japanese on the Philippine islands and the Filipino-jomon on the Japanese islands) and two diverging Korean cultures (islander and mainlander).

I might need some help on the naming, which might get confusing as I've reversed the positions of Japan and the Philippines.

altmigration1-1_565.png

altmigration1-1_565.png

Just realized something. Mexico snagged Delmarva? They use English Catholics or put their own people their at some point? And is the name New Sweden an English translation or does it officially go by that name, suggesting a more Anglophonic population? Who are the red lined people south of the Irouquis? It a raided area or for pro-native settlers/Methodists/something? Is Trinidad a dominion of some sort? And how did the Russians snag sugar islands?

Isnt it strange that the New Netherlands gets utterly destroyed, but the even weaker New Sweden survived? Or did their weakness help them survive?

Come to think of it, the Second Northern War would be a good POD for that, since the Dutch invaded New Sweden in it and the French and English supported the Swedes diplomatically.

Just a little something I quickly cooked up, namely a Northern secession scenario, with a vague POD in the mid-1830s.

Since I was too lazy for doing the legend on the map, here are the numbers explained:

1) Delaware
2) Maryland (got Washington back a while ago)
3) Virginia (lost its northern panhandle to FSA Pennsylvania for convenience's sake)
4) Kentucky
5) Indiana
6) Illinois
7) North Carolina
8) Tennessee
9) South Carolina
10) Georgia
11) Florida
12) Alabama
13) Mississippi
14) Louisiana
15) Texas
16) Arkansaw
17) Sequoyah Territory
18) Oklahoma
19) Missouri
20) Kansas
21) Minnesota
22) Washington
23) Lakota Territory
24) Nebraska
25) Idaho (hello, Idaho Springs!)
26) Montezuma (VERY big)
27) Sonora
28) Colorado
29) Sacramento
30) Nevada
31) Utah
32) Oregon
33) Jefferson
34) Spokane
35) Montana
36) Metropolis, D.C. (replaced Washington a few years after the Civil War)
a) Chicago (the sole non-obvious FSA state)
Hmm...I had a pretty similar idea, with a lot of the same elements (American Sonora, Canadian Washington, split Indiana and Illinois, etc.) though I also gave OTL Minnesota and Iowa to the *FSA (can't remember what I called it now) and combined southern Indiana and Illinois into a single state, rather than the northern parts.

Hmm...I had a pretty similar idea, with a lot of the same elements (American Sonora, Canadian Washington, split Indiana and Illinois, etc.) though I also gave OTL Minnesota and Iowa to the *FSA (can't remember what I called it now) and combined southern Indiana and Illinois into a single state, rather than the northern parts.

Both are plausible choices, however I chose a more "minimalist" approach (which is partly why I set the POD that far back to allow for those different borders in the region.

Deleted member 67076

This is an unrealistic map, but it's what will my German Empire will be after the Prussian Revolution. In an RP on NationStates, Prussia is taken over by radical thinkers who pilot a short-lived bureaucratic despotic republic before the mixture of Frederick the Great-esque enlightened absolutism and liberalism seize hold, and a charismatic Emperor comes to the fore. The German Empire rapidly pushes back European powers with the help of the Cossack Hetmanate and Russians, and create a new order in Central Europe, becoming one of the largest states there.

This thing has a lot of provinces, and the reason I made it so archaic and confusing is because it gives an old-time HRE feel, but all the provinces are secular elective/republican provinces, except for Hohenzollern, which is a hereditary province.
God bless the Kaiser.

A WIP I'm currently doing. What do you think?
Looks interesting. Failed ARW? Now I'm tempted to post my own WIP, which looks a bit similar, especially in North America.

Also, here's my interpretation of a "Northern Secession", since Iserlohn's map made me remember this:

I know it's not exactly very plausible, since it has anachronistic borders, but generally, the POD is around the Mexican-American War. The states of *Egypt, Delaware, and New Jersey, along with southern Pennsylvania and New York City, had referendums. Southern PA, New Jersey, and NYC chose to join the *FSA (and Pennsylvania and New York ended up remaining whole). *Egypt and Delaware chose to remain within the Union.

Northern Secession map.png

Also, here's my WIP. Basically, a failed ARW leads to Britain retaining control over North America, at the expense of its empire in some parts of the world, particularly in Africa. The French Revolution happens anyways, and ends up spreading to the HRE and Italian states. A Bolivar analogue keeps all of Spanish South America united to form TTL's United States of America instead, while butterflies lead to South Africa becoming a democratic superpower and spreading north to the Congo. Ultimately, the world is in a sort of cold war between the liberal nations of the USA (in South America), France and its allies, and South Africa on one side; and the conservative monarchies of the British Empire and Commonwealth of North America (not actually all that conservative, but are allies of convenience with the others), Prussia, Austria, Russia, and Brazil. I have some ideas for the rest of the world, but it's still unfinished, obviously.

Liberalism vs Conservatism.png

Last edited:
Also, here's my WIP. Basically, a failed ARW leads to Britain retaining control over North America, at the expense of its empire oversees. The French Revolution happens anyways, and ends up spreading to the HRE and Italian states. A Bolivar analogue keeps all of Spanish South America united to form TTL's United States of America instead, while butterflies lead to South Africa becoming a democratic superpower and spreading north to the Congo. Ultimately, the world is in a sort of cold war between the liberal nations of the USA (in South America), France and its allies, and South Africa on one side; and the conservative monarchies of the British Empire and Commonwealth of North America (not actually all that conservative, but are allies of convenience with the others), Prussia, Austria, Russia, and Brazil. I have some ideas for the rest of the world, but it's still unfinished, obviously.

Do a happy shiny constitutional monarchy China please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.