Player Two Start: An SNES-CD Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it sucks losing Miyamoto early like this ITTL, it means he won't be George Lucasing a lot of Nintendo's first and second party games going forward, as he did IOTL in the Gamecube and Wii era. That's gonna have huge implications.
You could have waited one or two days for us to get over it before mentioning that:mad:! Or two weeks. Months. Years...:(:(:(

As much as it sucks losing Miyamoto early like this ITTL, it means he won't be George Lucasing a lot of Nintendo's first and second party games going forward, as he did IOTL in the Gamecube and Wii era. That's gonna have huge implications.

George lucasing is that evev a verb? Again forma me people forgot how he was vital during that stromy era( old guard retiring even one got fired as wanted to work un othet consoles)

Yet people nevet complain we got metros prime thanks to you guess it...:rolleyes:

Still a great los a seems did cause an impact... Wait till next update

:( I'm not even going to comment on the obvious. But someone else must be playing Smite.:D

I'm a bit of a fan of Smite. And Medusa especially. I wanted a way for Smite to be created earlier. Which entailed turning it into a fighting game since what we know as "MOBAs" didn't really exist at the time. I should have realized that the guys behind Mortal Kombat would have the balls to include Lucifer/Satan/the Devil in the game.

Overall cool update! A lot of interesting butterflies, fun sounding games.....
How the FUCK did Adam Sandler get cast as Maximus Decimus Meridius?!!!! OK it's great that expanding his range and becoming an actual actor, I have no problem with that, but on his best day ever, he still doesn't have the chops to pull off Gladiator. I'm almost tempted to call ASB on that because Ridley Scott is too good of a director to do something like that, unless he was drunk/stoned the entire time. Did Tony (his brother) die early ITTL? So what did Russel Crow do instead? Why not Hugh Jackman?
ADAM SANDLER!!!!??????
George lucasing is that evev a verb?
You can make anything be a verb in the right context. One of the joys of Modern English.

Overall cool update! A lot of interesting butterflies, fun sounding games.....
How the FUCK did Adam Sandler get cast as Maximus Decimus Meridius?!!!! OK it's great that expanding his range and becoming an actual actor, I have no problem with that, but on his best day ever, he still doesn't have the chops to pull off Gladiator. I'm almost tempted to call ASB on that because Ridley Scott is too good of a director to do something like that, unless he was drunk/stoned the entire time. Did Tony (his brother) die early ITTL? So what did Russel Crow do instead? Why not Hugh Jackman?
ADAM SANDLER!!!!??????

You can make anything be a verb in the right context. One of the joys of Modern English.

It's balanced out by him having two good performances in Saving Private Ryan and the Streetcar Called Desire remake. So his career isn't the straight plunge into mediocrity that it was in OTL. Plus the fact that Gene Siskel's still alive.

I'm glad we may put our console wars differences behind us to mourn this.:(:(:(

Indeed, without Mario there wouldn't be Sonic so it's a loss to everyone. Sega and Nintendo fan alike. Weill be be seeing reaction from other industry figures?

I'm a bit of a fan of Smite. And Medusa especially. I wanted a way for Smite to be created earlier. Which entailed turning it into a fighting game since what we know as "MOBAs" didn't really exist at the time. I should have realized that the guys behind Mortal Kombat would have the balls to include Lucifer/Satan/the Devil in the game.
Well I'm glad you did. I'm not a fan of other MOBAs but I'm hooked on Smite. If you play on X-Box hit me up AnarkEnigmA is my gamertag.

:eek: God, that last update hit so hard it took me several hours to to actually type up a reply, I was fully with Kalinske in the not being hungry department after that reveal. I guess I kind of knew that the major event that would rock the game industry would be something devastating, but it was still brutal to see it actually go down. RIP ATL Shigeru Miyamoto, the gaming world of Player Two Start truly won't be the same without you.

On the other hand, I'm totally up for woweed's suggestion that E3 2000 be dedicated to Miyamoto's memory. It's the least the gaming industry could do to recognize his massive influence on the genre.

Would it be considered too ghoulish to suggest that the pieces of Miyamoto's shattered bicycle be enshrined in a memorial to him? And would it be "too soon" to have a biopic about his life in theaters in 2001? There's no way in hell that it wouldn't win at least one award. I'd personally give it the title "In Another Castle". Even as a Sega fanatic I can say that I'd watch that movie in a heartbeat. I'm guessing that his last words were probably politely thanking the cashier for the game he had purchased before he took his last bike ride.

Last edited:
I got to thinking, I wonder how well the circumstances surrounding TTL's Miyamoto's passing will be known. Notably that the car struck him as he was returning home after going to buy Dragon Quest VII for the Saturn. Thematically, it has some significance to me that the man who was the face of Nintendo died after buying a game for the rival system, and how it might effect fans' attitudes towards the console wars.

EDIT: They remade A Streetcar Named Desire?!? With Adam Sandler in the Marlon Brando role?!?

How in the hell did that happen???

Well, by that point Sandler's reputation as a dramatic actor was growing, and he was a rising star. It was a bit of stunt-casting but it ended up working out, the movie didn't win any Oscars but was well reviewed and did decent business at the box office.

Adam Sandler as the lead in Gladiator and Shigsy dead, this TL is becoming more like A Giant Sucking Sound's dystopia with every update!

Hehehe, told you it wasn't a complete utopia.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I...need a minute. Nintendo's future was so good. We had Majora's Mask coming up, we had the new Metroid. Why does it always have to be like this?:( I've gotta A. take TTL off my "TLs to move to" list and B. Go sob in a corner with my copy of Legend of Zelda. Jesus Christ...

Nintendo's going to have to bounce back for sure. Luckily, they still have plenty of great creative minds, they just...don't have Miyamoto anymore. :(

Ah, so THAT'S where you got the idea from! Well, I hope the game turned out as well as you'd hoped. And of course it has to have Satan in it, there's gotta be representatives from every religious tradition :p It's nothing Shin Megami Tensei hadn't already done XD

How the FUCK did Adam Sandler get cast as Maximus Decimus Meridius?!!!! OK it's great that expanding his range and becoming an actual actor, I have no problem with that, but on his best day ever, he still doesn't have the chops to pull off Gladiator. I'm almost tempted to call ASB on that because Ridley Scott is too good of a director to do something like that, unless he was drunk/stoned the entire time. Did Tony (his brother) die early ITTL? So what did Russel Crow do instead? Why not Hugh Jackman? ADAM SANDLER!!!!??????

I was brainstorming ways to apply butterflies to Gladiator ITTL, and the idea of Sandler as Maximus made me giggle. I figured it might be somewhat plausible, considering that Crowe was problematic on set IOTL and it might just take a couple butterflies for Ridley Scott to decide he's too tough to work with and decide to work with someone easier, hence Sandler (who again, has been on a bit of a roll ITTL). Tony Scott's still fine, and Jackman was busy. Stranger things have happened IOTL, but yeah, this goes down at one of the great miscasts in film history, Gladiator still does all right at the box office but it won't sniff Best Picture.

Indeed, without Mario there wouldn't be Sonic so it's a loss to everyone. Sega and Nintendo fan alike. Weill be be seeing reaction from other industry figures?

Yes, definitely. The next update will start with the reaction to Miyamoto's death, and his death casts a bit of a pall over E3, it is dedicated to his memory and even Sega pays tribute to him.

Would it be considered too ghoulish to suggest that the pieces of Miyamoto's shattered bicycle be enshrined in a memorial to him? And would it be "too soon" to have a biopic about his life in theaters in 2001? There's no way in hell that it wouldn't win at least one award. I'd personally give it the title "In Another Castle". Even as a Sega fanatic I can say that I'd watch that movie in a heartbeat. I'm guessing that his last words were probably politely thanking the cashier for the game he had purchased before he took his last bike ride.

Well, the police would probably want the pieces of the bike first, though I imagine a few of the pieces are picked up by onlookers once they realized what's happened and whose bike it was. I'm thinking of having a piece of the bike end up on Pawn Stars at some point, only for Rick to say it's "too creepy" to buy for the shop (he's done that before). There will be a biopic coming, but 2001 is way too soon for it. And that is a good idea for his last words.

I got to thinking, I wonder how well the circumstances surrounding TTL's Miyamoto's passing will be known. Notably that the car struck him as he was returning home after going to buy Dragon Quest VII for the Saturn. Thematically, it has some significance to me that the man who was the face of Nintendo died after buying a game for the rival system, and how it might effect fans' attitudes towards the console wars.

It would definitely be seen as ironic, and a major historical footnote in the console wars. Nintendo might even try to downplay what game he had bought.

I'm also going to say that the next update won't be a normal E3 update. Apart from the Miyamoto memorial segments, E3 won't be covered as in-depth as it normally is. There is a reason for this and it's something we've had planned for quite some time.

Well, the police would probably want the pieces of the bike first, though I imagine a few of the pieces are picked up by onlookers once they realized what's happened and whose bike it was. I'm thinking of having a piece of the bike end up on Pawn Stars at some point, only for Rick to say it's "too creepy" to buy for the shop (he's done that before). There will be a biopic coming, but 2001 is way too soon for it. And that is a good idea for his last words.

After the remains of the bike are released from police custody, of course. I also like to think that the pieces taken as "souvenirs" would slowly make there way to the hypothetical memorial as people who understand their significance run across them. I'd love to see a quote from the Pawn Stars episode explaining the significance and how Rick can't accept it. I know it's way too soon. I'm just eager to read about it. How about either 2003 or 2007? That way it'd be released on either the 20th anniversary of Mario or the 30th anniversary of him joining Nintendo. I just think it'd be appropriate for his last words to be him politely talking with the cashier that sold him the game

Status
Not open for further replies.