American board member from Arizona who takes an interest in American politics of almost any era. Also a notable member of the The Politiyanks and regularly follows a variety of local and state elections across the country when there isn't a Presidential race to talk about. Leans to the left and is a Democrat, but is more then willing to toss aside partisan affiliation for success. Has mixed feelings on his state's Senior Senator John McCain (R-AZ), ranging from grudging respect to seething hatred. Self-proclaimed enemy of Barry Goldwater, influential American conservative and most famous Senator from Arizona.
Will defend his state from all outsiders, whether they be water-stealing Californians or Ivory Tower Yankees.
Timelines and other works
- No Southern Strategy: The Political Ramifications of an Alternate 1964 Election A Wikibox TL with Gonzo, starting with the 1964 going a little differently; this won the 2017 Turtledove award for post-1900 timelines.
- TLIAD: Damaged Goods are Still Good: A Bryan Presidency in 1912: A short history of the Bryan Adminsitration (1913-1921). Notable for being one of a few TLIAD's to actually be finished within a day.
- TLIAW (II): A Rigged Deck, for a Rigged System: Based off of the various shuffle themed lists, a history of the United States (1797 to 2015) with the various winners and losers of each Presidential election altered in their roles.
- Best Christmas gift you ever received, probably not as good as a Governorship : A small historical article on the 1st Governor of Arizona, George W.P. Hunt, and the 1916/1917 gubernatorial election controversy which was resolved on the later years Christmas.
- Four Corner States Political and Historical Thread: Thread for discussion on the politics, culture, and history of the Four Corner States (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado).