Worldwar: Filling the Gaps?

Jcw3

Banned
Would anyone be interested in working with me on a Worldwar filling the gaps project, ala TL-191(Forgot the author's name for TL-191 FTG, think it's David Bar Elias?)?

Presidents/Vice Presidents/Secretaries of State for America, PM's for the UK, etc.?

Maybe giving a better depiction of world affairs(i.e., acknowledging the existence of South America)and showing a detailed look at the world that follows, rather than the primary look at America, China, Germany, Poland, the UK, and the USSR that the books chose?

This is a suggestion, I'm testing the waters for interest in this kind of idea. If everyone's open to the idea and would enjoy reading it, I might even do a continuation.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. :eek:

I have little experience with this series, but it could be a project as interesting as the already running one dedicated to TL-191.

Incidentally, I was working on the new "timelines and projects based on published fiction" wiki page just a few hours ago. This project could certainly find a home there. :)

Last edited:

Jcw3

Banned
I have little experience with this series, but it could be a project as interesting as the already running one dedicated to TL-191.

Incidentally, I was working on the new "timelines and projects based on published fiction" wiki page just a few hours ago. That project could certainly find a home there. :)

I'd probably start in the summer, but it would be more of a continuation from the Peace of Cairo. Get rid of America holding the Villain Ball, Britain being Germany's bitch, etc. Actually mention South America. After Home is threatened by nukes, though, I'd probably have to bring in some other universe or make something up. :\

EDIT: I haven't read Colonization or Homeward Bound yet, but I have been spoiled by my arsehole friends.

I'd read the whole series first, it isn't as straightforward as Britain being Germany's lapdog or America going evil.

Jcw3

Banned
I'd read the whole series first, it isn't as straightforward as Britain being Germany's lapdog or America going evil.

Well, duh. I was just wondering if anyone would have any interest.

Wait, they fucking nuked innocent sentient beings, and they knew it wouldn't get them off Earth! How is that not holding the Villain Ball?

Mr. Turtledove seems to have some serious issues with the British. That sort of poisoned everything else he wrote to me.

Jcw3

Banned
Mr. Turtledove seems to have some serious issues with the British. That sort of poisoned everything else he wrote to me.

I'm going to do a John Reads Colonization/Homeward Bound thing before WW:FTG. Working on it now, actually.

Wait, they fucking nuked innocent sentient beings, and they knew it wouldn't get them off Earth! How is that not holding the Villain Ball?

The Race were aggressively colonising the planet, calling any of them innocent is tricky.

Jcw3

Banned
They weren't at peace either, the Race didn't recognise any of the human powers at that point.

What was Cairo then? Molotov, Marshall, Eden, Togo, and Ribbentrop all negotiated with the Race, and hostilities ended.

What was Cairo then? Molotov, Marshall, Eden, Togo, and Ribbentrop all negotiated with the Race, and hostilities ended.

More a ceasefire like Korea, both side know that what's ended was just round 1 as the Lizard conquering just part of Earth and let an aggressive race like the human reach the space was too risky and everybody understand this.

That was an armistice, not a peace, they continued their fight against the non-nuclear powers for some time, pushing the British out of India etc.

They recognized the Big Three as equals, and the remainder as independent powers.

As equals yes but they only formally recognised the independence of the United States in Homeward bound, and presumably the Soviets when their generation ship got there.

Jcw3

Banned
That was an armistice, not a peace, they continued their fight against the non-nuclear powers for some time, pushing the British out of India etc.

As equals yes but they only formally recognised the independence of the United States in Homeward bound, and presumably the Soviets when their generation ship got there.

OK, I surrender. Anyway, even though I'm not beginning this until late April/early May, I just have five words as a bit of foreshadowing and difference from canon. The Coalition of Democratic States. :cool:

They had embassies staffed with full diplomatic services in each others' capitals. That counts for more.