WorldRaj tribute thread

View attachment 748754
I recall Bob Hope fixing the border colors in order to differentiate the different superregional agencies from each other, but this makes states within the agencies a bit confusing. There should be three border colors: first level subdivisions for the crowns, agencies, and presidencies, second level subdivisions for protectorates and crown colonies with allegiance the aforementioned divisions, and third-level divisions for minor provinces within directly ruled areas.
Indeed.

Personally, I would like for the "crowns" to have either the "national border black, as opposed to the coastline black", or a "very, very dark grey" as their borders.

The Forever August Imperial and Royal Catholic, Christian and Apostolic Majesty, By the Grace of God, Elected Emperor of the Romans, Emperor of Constantinople, Emperor of All Russias, Emperor of Afghanistan; King of Germany, of Italy, of France, of All Spains, of England, of both Hither and Ultra Sicily, of the Scots, of Hungary, of Bohemia, of Poland, of Sweden, of Norway, of Ireland, of Castile, of Toledo, of Sevilla, of Jaén, of Murcia, of Livonia, of Illyria, of Dalmatia, of Bulgaria, of Wallachia and Moldavia, of Finland, of Nova Anglia, of Tartary, of Syria, of the East and West Indies, of the Islands and Mainland of the Ocean Sea and of the Dominions Beyond the Seas, Judge of Agugliastra; the Great Elector; Stadtholder of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands; Grand Prince of Bryansk, of Chernigov, of Gorodno; Prince of Wales, of Orange, of Catalonia, of Malta, of Piombino and Elba, of Sofia, of Ouglich, of Starodub, of Tarousa, of Toropets, of Stradub-na-Khyazma, of Ovrouch, of Vladimir-Volynsky, of Gallilee; Duke of Milan, of Friuli, Normandy, of Aquitaine, of Anjou, of Berry, of Glogau, of Oppeln, of Troppau, of Bielitz, of Romagna and the Pentapolis, of Massa and Carrara, of Milan, of Friuli, of Greater and Lesser Poland, of East Pommerania, of Poznan, of Sieradz, of Ingria, of Estonia, of Livonia, of Samogitinia, of West Bothnia, of Gotland, of Eyland, of Brunswick-Lüneburg, of Saxe-Gotha, of Saxe-Coburg, of Franconia, of Bavaria-Frauenhofen, of Further Austria, of Scania, of Buda, of Eger, of Novi Pazar, of Nis, of the Ionian Isles, of Halogaland, of Uppland, of Westfold, of South Bothnia, of Finland Proper; Despot of the Archipelago; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia, of Moravia, of Tuscany, of Ancona, of Ceva, of Verona, of Istria; Count of the Upper and Lower Palatinate, Count of Rügen, of Militsch, of Wartenberg, of Lérida, of Ampurias, of Rovigo, of Romagna, of Gargano, of Bari, of Lucania, of Calabria, of Messina, of Laconia, of Mangalia, of Vertus, of Tonnerre, of Maine, of Clermont-Ferrand, of Dauphiné, of Provence, of Burgos, of Soria, of Valladolid, of Salamanca, of Tenda, of Asti, of Aland, of Bukovina, of Budjak, of Braila, of Giurgiu, of Turnu, of Laeso, of Kanizsa, of Ersekujvar, of Varat, of Alba, of Kola, of Nyland; Earl of Orkdalen, of Fjordane, of Voss, of Land, of Toten, of Westmare, of Ranrike; Viscount of Châtellerault; Lord of Samos, of Argos and Nauphalia, of Moron and Coron, of Beirut, of Tyre, of Haifa; etc.

Added "of" in front of every separate title. Also added Middle Eastern stuff. (I haven't added Caucasian stuff yet)
Still only including Direct Rule/Provinces etc (and not palatine territories, autonomies, vassals or protectorates), and not including areas not styled with a noble title (Province, Colony, District, etc) (though I am not sure about Triarchy of Negroponte, but pretty sure Exarchates do not count as noble titles) (and still not including Counties on the British Isles).
Upper and Lower Palatinate being labeled as separate on the map really messes with me as I want to type "Count Palatinate of the Rhine" either after the Great Elector or in the countly section, but then want to add Brunswick on the Electorate too but that means Brunswick gets mentioned twice (so does Livonia and technically finland, but one of those is the Crown and the other the Duchy in both cases). I have edited that stuff one way or the other several times.
Also unsure if the Three Counties (West of Navarre) count as Vassals outside Cortes of Castile or should be included as de facto parts of Castile.
Tried to put it more into an order, thought it still becomes pretty chaotic after the royal titles.
Also, all titles at the level of Duke or below (possiblly up to Grand Prince) might be granted to various members of the Royal Family for all I know.

Oh yeah, also this is the most elaborate and full style. The more simple style would probably simply be the Imperial and Royal titles.

Before I add the Caucasian titles I gotta ask, should I go with more simple titles (+ duchies, principalities and Khanates) or go full on Bagrationi titlage (which is just short of Ancient Mesopotamian "Lord of the Universe" stuff). To give an example for the latter, Wikipedia:
Introductory part of the style for the monarchs from the Bagrationi dynasty always started with "By the Grace of God, We, of Jesse, David, Solomon, Bagrationi, Supreme by God, anointed and crowned by God"
King of Kings, of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians, Armenians, of Shaki, Alania and the Rus, Sword of the Messiah, emperor (basileus) of all the East, servant and defender of God.
King of Kings, Queen of Queens, empress (autokrator) of all the East and West, champion of the Messiah, of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians, and Armenians, Shirvanshah and Shahanshah, the Glory of the World and of the Faith, daughter of the great King of Kings.
King of Kings of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians, Armenians, Shahanshah and Shirvanshah, of the East and the West, of the South and the North, of both countries, of two thrones and crowns, the godlike Suzerain and the Sovereign.
King of Kings of all.
King of Kings of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians and Armenians, Shirvanshah and Shahanshah, of all Georgia, of all the East and the West, of the North, the Sovereign and Suzerain of two kingdoms, the ruler of all.
King of Kings, of many, Shirvanshah, of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians, Armenians, of all Georgia and the North, of the West and the East, the Suzerain and Sovereign of two golden thrones and all the lands.
King of Kings, strong and invincible, majestic and protector of the holy kingdom, of the Jikians, Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians and Armenians, Shirvanshah, of all the East and the West, of all Georgia, of all the North, the Suzerain and Sovereign of the throne.
King of Kings, Suzerain and Sovereign of the Abkhazians, Iberians, Ranis, Kakhetians and Armenians, Shahanshah and Shirvanshah, of all the East and the West, the South and the North, of both two kingdoms and countries, the High King, Godly anointed and invincible, the most excellent King of all, of the most brilliant purple crown, son of Great, all-powerful and invincible King of Kings.

Well, as glorious as the actual titles were, it would be difficult to integrate them, so I guess going with the basic ones would be a better choice.

Well, as glorious as the actual titles were, it would be difficult to integrate them, so I guess going with the basic ones would be a better choice.
I would suggest starting with the Seven Crowns, then the other first-order titles in order of precedence.

Each crown would then have many, many, many second-order titles attached to them.

There also needs to be a Stupidly Pompous Ultimate Title(TM) at the start, of course.

EDIT: I would suggest something along the lines of:

By the Grace of God, His Imperial and Royal Majesty <Insert Name Here>, Imperator Universalis, Caesar Augustus, King of Kings, Prince of Princes, Sultan of Sultans, Shah of Shahs, Maharaja, Padishah, Khan of Khans, Chosen and Beloved by Heaven, the Most Serene, Defender of the Faith, Greatest Monarch of the World;

Most Christian and Faithful King of England, Castile, France, Ireland, Scotland, Bohemia and Sicily, and the Dominions Beyond the Seas; the Great Elector, Prince Elector of the Rhine, Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg, Duke of Saxe Coburg and Saxe Gotha, Count of the Lower and Upper Palatinate;

Emperor of the Romans; Emperor of the Western and Eastern Indies; Emperor of India and of China; Lord of Asia;

By Election, forever August King in Germany; Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias; Emperor of Afghanistan; Apostolic King of Hungary; King of Italy, of Poland, of Norway, of Finland, of Illyria, of Tartary, and of Nova Anglia; King of the Plurinational Kingdom of Syria; Tsar of Bulgaria; Grand Prince of Moldavia and Wallachia; Stadtholder-General and Hereditary Grand Prince of the United Provinces; Grand Mediator and Prince-President of the Swiss Confederation; Protector of Denmark, of Aragon, and of Navarre; Grand Duke of Livonia; Prince of Catalonia; Duke of Franconia, of Further Austria, of Romagna and the Pentapolis; Margrave of Tuscany; Count of Rugen

and so forth

Adjust as appropriate for Queens Regnant.

Last edited:
I would suggest starting with the Seven Crowns, then the other first-order titles in order of precedence.

Each crown would then have many, many, many second-order titles attached to them.

There also needs to be a Stupidly Pompous Ultimate Title(TM) at the start, of course.

If you look above, at the italic part, the 7 crowns are all included. As well as princely, ducal, comital, etc titles that appear to be directly held by the monarch. (based on the map key posted by the KutKu on page two, as I have explained.)

(despite being the same colour as Prussia/Burgundy I believe Syria, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan are in personal union with the Crown. My reasoning is for Syria and Afghanistan that they are the only provinces in their sections with all other territorries autonomies, protectorates and vassals. Without being pointed out as Autonomous Kingdoms. As for the Caucasian ones, my rationalisation is that the category of "Other Crown Colonies" following Georgia and the Azerbaijans, which to me indicates that they are Crown Colonies (of a sort) as well)

As for the last one, well there is already multiple Imperial Titles (chiefly that of the Holy Roman Emperor, and even the Eastern Roman/Byzantine one).
Thought integrating King of Kings, as well as Emperor of Mankind or some Mesopotamian style universal title as the top dog one is possible. Thought unless you suggest something like Emperor of Emperors or High Emperor I am not sure what title there is that can be higher than the multiple Imperial titles the Monarch of Worldraj would already have. (simply being titled "Sovereign" or "Ruler" could be possible I suppose)

1654805662102.png

Currently working on Madagascar, made up of the allied kingdom of Imerina and the Madagascar Presidency, I'd like some criticisms, especially for how to show the overlaping regions in the north (the green, pink and orange outlines, the Tsimihety country that is both under legal Merina sovereignty (but with little to no obligations or taxation according to the 1824 treaty which annexed them into the merina) and British or Tankara protectorates

EDIT: I would suggest something along the lines of:

Adjust as appropriate for Queens Regnant.
Remarkable, God save the Emperor!

My only comments are that "Raj" to my knowledge isn't a title, with it translating to "rule" rather than "ruler," so "Raja of the World" would make more grammatical sense, and even there I don't know how fitting it is lore-wise (even if it is a fun reference to the title of the project); and that it seems a bit strange, potentially even blasphemous, for a Christian monarch to style themselves as "Son of Heaven," what with that sort of being Jesus's thing.

Remarkable, God save the Emperor!

My only comments are that "Raj" to my knowledge isn't a title, with it translating to "rule" rather than "ruler," so "Raja of the World" would make more grammatical sense, and even there I don't know how fitting it is lore-wise (even if it is a fun reference to the title of the project); and that it seems a bit strange, potentially even blasphemous, for a Christian monarch to style themselves as "Son of Heaven," what with that sort of being Jesus's thing.
My idea is that the Emperor just grabbed the title of Tianzi as a sop to the Chinese, along with the title of Tennō as a sop to the Japanese.

My idea is that the Emperor just grabbed the title of Tianzi as a sop to the Chinese, along with the title of Tennō as a sop to the Japanese.

I am pretty sure Japan is still supposed to have a Tenno, just as a vassal to the Supreme Monarch of the WorldRaj. (Thought yes, the title of the Emperor of China would be held by the Crown of the WorldRaj)

Might I suggest something like Chosen/Beloved/Blessed of Heaven rather than the Son of Heaven?

I am pretty sure Japan is still supposed to have a Tenno, just as a vassal to the Supreme Monarch of the WorldRaj. (Thought yes, the title of the Emperor of China would be held by the Crown of the WorldRaj)

Might I suggest something like Chosen/Beloved/Blessed of Heaven rather than the Son of Heaven?
That could work.

Siam (Aurantiacis)

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
1654813388833.png

After some major tweaking in Siam and the inland mueangs, I think all of Southeast Asia should be in fine shape. Here is a legend for the different categories of inland principalities and their allegiances:
1654813587277.png

Alex Richards did say that he would base Iberia on historic states rather than provinces as he did in the WorldRaj V2 iirc.

So I have a few recommendations for the recoloring of the Raj. I was looking through my old stuff and saw that in Borneo, the same border color for everything means that you can't tell when Sarawak's provinces end and British North Borneo's provinces begin. This also makes the provinces in the same administration as protectorates like Brunei.
View attachment 748754
I recall Bob Hope fixing the border colors in order to differentiate the different superregional agencies from each other, but this makes states within the agencies a bit confusing. There should be three border colors: first level subdivisions for the crowns, agencies, and presidencies, second level subdivisions for protectorates and crown colonies with allegiance the aforementioned divisions, and third-level divisions for minor provinces within directly ruled areas.

Indeed.

Personally, I would like for the "crowns" to have either the "national border black, as opposed to the coastline black", or a "very, very dark grey" as their borders.

I agree, on reflection, that having only darker Dominion borders can make the rest confusing.

This is the key [with open spaces for additions] - let me know what you suggest.

Included are 5 border shades, the first is reserved for the outer border of the 7K - what levels are suggested for the other 4 [if we need them all].

1.4IdE Colour key 10.6.22.png

This is the latest map,
We need suggestions for Dominions or Presidencies or ViceRoyalties, post outlined areas for discussion.
We also need alternative colonies given the timeline we are considering, again post ideas for discussion.
I am assuming Africa will not be subject to the massive scramble of otl 1880's.

Sicilian Colonies anyone?

Zv0Omz0.png

This is the latest map,
We need suggestions for Dominions or Presidencies or ViceRoyalties, post outlined areas for discussion.
We also need alternative colonies given the timeline we are considering, again post ideas for discussion.
I am assuming Africa will not be subject to the massive scramble of otl 1880's.

Sicilian Colonies anyone?

Zv0Omz0.png

Some of the borders in Europe do no seem to line up with the original map.