WIP Map Thread

No rebel groups in Russia...
Well it’s hardly as if there’s many IOTL. Like, actual active rebels or even strong separatist movements outside the Chechens aren’t that big. TTLs Russia could either be like OTL, very good at suppressing rebels, or it could be that all minorities are satisfied enough with the government to not rebel (which is the case for most minority groups IOTL too but also keep in mind “satisfied enough to not rebel” doesn’t mean perfectly satisfied, just enough to continue to use official political channels & peaceful protests to achieve their aims).

Edit: I imagine you mean because of Ukraine and the Baltics. Well keep in mind in a different TL Russian policy towards those regions could develop totally differently. On top of that no militant uprising doesn’t have to mean no independence movement but I also don’t like to assume that in every TL a particular ethnicity or country is guaranteed to be antagonistic towards another. Not sure when or what the POD is but there could for example have been no holodomor & Russia could have abandoned the policy of russification & the “great Russian nation” idea, truly recognizing ethnic minorities (or at least certain ones) as both distinct from the ethnic Russians and integral parts of the Russian national identity. Depending on the POD it may or may not be the most plausible setup but it’s one of many non-ASB possibilities to explain the situation.

Last edited:
Well it’s hardly as if there’s many IOTL. Like, actual active rebels or even strong separatist movements outside the Chechens aren’t that big. TTLs Russia could either be like OTL, very good at suppressing rebels, or it could be that all minorities are satisfied enough with the government to not rebel (which is the case for most minority groups IOTL too but also keep in mind “satisfied enough to not rebel” doesn’t mean perfectly satisfied, just enough to continue to use official political channels & peaceful protests to achieve their aims).

Edit: I imagine you mean because of Ukraine and the Baltics. Well keep in mind in a different TL Russian policy towards those regions could develop totally differently. On top of that no militant uprising doesn’t have to mean no independence movement but I also don’t like to assume that in every TL a particular ethnicity or country is guaranteed to be antagonistic towards another. Not sure when or what the POD is but there could for example have been no holodomor & Russia could have abandoned the policy of russification & the “great Russian nation” idea, truly recognizing ethnic minorities (or at least certain ones) as both distinct from the ethnic Russians and integral parts of the Russian national identity. Depending on the POD it may or may not be the most plausible setup but it’s one of many non-ASB possibilities to explain the situation.
I was not thinking of any specific area, but just figured that there would be something in so vast an empire as depicted on the map.

I was not thinking of any specific area, but just figured that there would be something in so vast an empire as depicted on the map.
Sure but I supoose to a degree it depends on its policies.

The US is big but it doesn’t have rebels & while sure superficially it’s very homogeneous (mostly english speaking adherents of western christian denominations) there is both a fair amount of regional variation and a lot of people identifying with their state or region.
Depends how Russia manages its identity I guess, who it includes who it excludes, as well as how it treats non Russians

Another asb map called The world is on fire:
2023_04_26_0qe_Kleki.png

After a long delay and some writers block, I finally finished off the New World for that Anglo-Dutch Union map.

World 2019.png

I should note that Alaska is not an independent state, but is rather Russian territory. Additionally for ease of reference, current canon members of TTL's version of the Commonwealth (think "Anglophile EU") is thumbnailed below.

Commonwealth.png

The Dutch-North German empire is a nice touch - how did Dutch South India appear?
I'm assuming an 18th century POD with a different colonization of India: I know we've got a Confederacy of sorts, but I'm not seeing how we get "a Dutch State dominant over the Indian Ocean Rim" with an 1860s POD. So I'm assuming Unreliable Mysterious Narrator and given the *US and *Confederacy some non-convergent state borders.

1311IN The history of this Vacuity pocket is largely unknown, but is expected to be sometime after 1861 and before 1865 due to the existence of a large Confederate States. Marx is known to have existed, but how a Dutch state could have become dominant over the Indian Ocean rim is unknown. Russia is, interestingly enough, a confederated capitalist democracy dominating Eurasia. As this information was gained through a mysterious visitor and not actual exploration, more information will be required.

I'm assuming an 18th century POD with a different colonization of India: I know we've got a Confederacy of sorts, but I'm not seeing how we get "a Dutch State dominant over the Indian Ocean Rim" with an 1860s POD. So I'm assuming Unreliable Mysterious Narrator and given the *US and *Confederacy some non-convergent state borders.

That makes sense - also British Japan is relatively rare in TLs. In timelines with an Antiquity POD, could the Indian Ocean Rim be viewed as a single region, like the Middle East?

Last edited:

1311INThe history of this Vacuity pocket is largely unknown, but is expected to be sometime after 1861 and before 1865 due to the existence of a large Confederate States. Marx is known to have existed, but how a Dutch state could have become dominant over the Indian Ocean rim is unknown. Russia is, interestingly enough, a confederated capitalist democracy dominating Eurasia. As this information was gained through a mysterious visitor and not actual exploration, more information will be required.
The reason for the weirdness is because this one was based on the outcome of a board game.

export202304300745147600.png

I was looking for a 814 map and found the Q-Bam a bit lacking.... So I decided to make my own. Any and all feedback and corrections are much appreciated. Ignore the hole in India. It's something else I'm working on.