WIP Map Thread

Quick question, is Croatia ITTL still nominally a monarchy under Tomislav of Savoy-Aosta (a cousin of the king of Italy)? Or are pretensions of monarchism done away with in Italy and its sphere?
I'm toying with a few ideas here. IOTL, Mussolini, at best, tolerated the monarchy when his sensibilities were much more "republican." I believe that the RSI likely was the closest that Mussolini got to having Fascism in its purist form. Will the monarchy continue under Umberto or will Mussolini get his republican dream? Tune in next time. Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel.

Speaking of monarchy in the Italian empire, what happens to Montenegro? The queen of Italy was the pre WWI kings daughter after all, there is a lot of possibility for symbolic dynastic shenanigans though I imagine the fascists might not want to put up with monarchical theatrics even if the monarchy is still around, since they distract from the Duche's own narcissistic performance, THOUGH, it was a big deal to the Montenegrin regionalists and separatists that the Italians propped up, though that's made complicated by the fact that the Italian governorate government also had Serb unitarian and ultranationalist Četniks in it, in fact towards the end of the war IOTL, they dominated the government as far as the limited practical power of the Slavs actually extended.
I'll take a look into that. Again, this map is in flux, so I might change the situation a bit. Germany's invasion of Yugoslavia IOTL was meant to preempt an Allied presence in the region. If things go differently in this world, Yugoslavia may continue to remain largely independent outside of external pressure from Germany.

What happened to Hungary, what did the Germans do when they invaded?
More information on that later, but let's say that Hungary may have bet on the wrong horse when it came to Germany.

And what's up with the red blob in France? Is that an SS state of Burgundy or what?
Hitler is feeling a little more vindictive here than OTL and breaks up Metropolitan France. A reactionary government continues to exist in the south while the north is split into Burgundy, Normandy, and Brittany. Germany, Italy, and Spain nibble at the edges. Post-Hitler, a now pan-European fascist Germany continues to insist upon the "independence" of these states to justify military occupation of them against the threat of a potential Anglo-American invasion from Britain...but I said too much already.

ASB wwii v2
2023_04_06_0dh_Kleki.png

I'll take a look into that. Again, this map is in flux, so I might change the situation a bit. Germany's invasion of Yugoslavia IOTL was meant to preempt an Allied presence in the region. If things go differently in this world, Yugoslavia may continue to remain largely independent outside of external pressure from Germany.

In that case you might want to look at Yugoslav fascist, Germanophile, and general turd, justice minister minister Dimitrije Ljotić.

He was very interesting in that he was a true Yugoslav fascist rather than a Serbian ethnic one. His party had a Croat and a Slovene as co vice presidents (although most members were still Serbs), and was basically ultraconservative, monarchist, corporatist, and I think Christo-Slavist, that Yugoslavia is only for Christian Slavs, that non Slavs should he removed while Muslim Slavs underwent a “racial metamorphosis” into Turks and can only be full members of the pan Slavic project if they revert to Christianity. He worked closely with the Nazis before and during the war & was their officially backed ally in Serbia.

Now, Serbs hated Germans over WWI and while most Serbs were conservatives with moderately nationalistic tendencies, and many were nationalistic and some even far right, it was in a very different way from the emergent Nazi and Fascist movements so he was never popular and like I said liking Germany didn’t help. However, with funding and propaganda experts coming in from the Reich who knows what he could’ve achieved.

Another interesting possibility is the Croatian Banovina and Slovenia splitting off on their own in the time when the invasion would’ve happened IOTL (perhaps Croatia under Maček) but the other Banovinas (roughly modern Serbia, Serb and Bosniak majority lands in Bosnia, Eastern Slavonia (the territory from the 90s), Montenegro minus the bay of Kotor, a small sliver of Croatia, and Macedonia) being either a kind of rump Yugoslavia or a kind of big Serbia.

Another day, yet another TL idea and map for it:

World 2019.png

In which both William III and Mary II survive their illnesses and manage to produce an heir or two, ensuring the continuation of the Anglo-Dutch personal union under House of Orange-Nassau.

UKGBNI Flag (1-2) smol.png

The Union Jack - The flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, the Netherlands and Ireland, symbolising the Union of the Three Kingdoms through the inclusion of:

The Crosses of Saint George and Saint Andrew, patrons of England and Scotland, representing the Kingdom of Great Britain.
The Orange of the Prinsenvlag and Blue of the Statenvlag, representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The Cross of Saint Patrick, representing the Kingdom of Ireland.

UK - Devolution.png

The United Kingdom, her constituent nations, and their devolved entities.
A.D./C.E. 2019.

The only thing that makes the first one asb is that Finland isn't also communist.
Best Korea is not at all asb.
Fascist Iceland is, though, and I have no idea how it got Greenland.
1. winter war 2.0
2. no not best korea, unified korea both south and north united
3. USA has greenland not iceland