"Where Are We Going This Time": The Golden Age of Science Fiction

What should happen with the season summary updates?

• Continue as is (might delay other updates)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Release them later, as supplementary material

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Cut out the OTL bits, only say what you've changed (might only be a temporary solution)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop them completely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So... it's funny how we keep seeing people in things and wanting to use them, but today I figured out exactly how we could do something like that.

Things are going to get very fun.

Also, current working title for the 40th Anniversary special in-universe is A Matter of Life and Death.

Hey, guys. Sorry this isn't a full update, but it is an update on what's coming!

@Timelordtoe and I are working on DS9 Season Five at the moment. However, in doing so, we noticed that Season Four's continuity was wonky. Namely, we seemingly averted the Federation-Klingon War in Ghosts, then had it in anyway. As such, in the next few days we'll be doing a bit of polishing there to make things make more sense and better line up with Season Five, which is nearly done after a major reorganization. A few of our previously advertised stories got bumped back, and we've added two new stories to further the story. When we post the polished-up Season Four, Timelordtoe will post a bulleted list of changes so you don't have to go back and re-read everything if you don't want, which will be threadmarked under the Season Four overview.

We're incredibly happy with what we have for Season Five and are so excited to finally share it with you. This next season has probably some of our most radical departures from canon. Furthermore, we noted today that the season really focuses on family while also building up to the inevitable Dominion War. So, expect the polished Season Four before the end of this week and Season Five next week!

Okay, so schedule slip happened, as usual. But we're posting the update Season 4 (V2.0) now. The previous version (V1.5) has been saved as a Word document which will be available upon request.

Due to the amount of changes, we didn't have the wherewithal to make a list of all of them. You'll need to re-read the post, but it's worth it! Briefly, I will say we decided to keep the Klingon War intact, noted Molly O'Brien in the recurring cast (played by Brenda Song instead of Hana Hatae), and also updated titles. Not What You Say is now Needs and Aides, while the original Needs and Aides is now Creatures of Logic. That latter one will be complemented in Season Five by Creatures of Emotion, furthering the Vulcan secession plotline. We also beefed up supporting character appearances and subplots (such as adding Troi to Hard Time, which is one of her most logical places to actually appear. I don't know how we missed that in the first posting).

We also noted that we have never actually used nor mentioned Leeta, so we're going to assume she's a casualty of butterflies. The fact she's not around (and we never adapted Body Parts) means a good chunk of Season Five's Ferengi Love Songs wasn't actually doable, so it got changed. Expect it next season as Love and Disgrace. We've also deferred a couple other stories (Specters of the Past and Maximum Occupancy) to fit in an adaptation of Business as Usual along with a fun idea that won't work during the Dominion War: Ladies' Night. Get ready for Mildred Kelly-led girls' night out hijinks!

Season Five will be out soon.

I wonder how different Homestuck and Undertale would be, since Homestuck's sense of humor was inspired by old Star Trek YTPs the author made.

HS would probably have a few references to this era.

Update: the planned Doctors have been changed and it's most excellent, dudes, drongos, and dames.

Try to parse that hint. :p Also, the Doctor who got swapped out was Hugh Grant. Sorry, Hugh!

Also, DS9 Season 5 is currently over 21k words and 44 pages... and it's not done yet. (As a reminder, the last season update for DS9 was just under 9k.) Four more episode writeups to go!

Last edited:
I wonder how different Homestuck and Undertale would be, since Homestuck's sense of humor was inspired by old Star Trek YTPs the author made.

HS would probably have a few references to this era.
I doubt Undertale would even exist. The concept for Deltarune predates Undertale, when Toby Fox saw the ending to the full game in a dream while he was sick back in 2012. He worked on DR for a bit, scrapped it, and then made UT using some of the characters from Deltarune. It's one of those things that's SUPER prone to butterflies.
Update: the planned Doctors have been changed and it's most excellent, dudes, drongos, and dames.

Try to parse that hint. :p Also, the Doctor who got swapped out was Hugh Grant. Sorry, Hugh!

Also, DS9 Season 5 is currently over 21k words and 44 pages... and it's not done yet. (As a reminder, the last season update for DS9 was just under 9k.) Four more episode writeups to go!
No clue what that hint is supposed to mean, but I suppose it's a shame we lost out on Hugh. Looking forward to who you have instead, though! Which Doctor was he supposed to be? (Assuming you can even divulge that information in the first place...) Also, that is a MONSTROUSLY large update for DS9, no wonder it's took this long! Can't wait to see what you guys put out, though take your time of course.

Anticipation GIFs | Tenor

I imagine this dude is a total Esquire.
I'm sure that's a reference, but I'm not sure what to.

Putting loose scaffolding together for future seasons by myself right now. Almost everything through the end of 2002 is mostly worked out in very broad strokes, save for two stories. I'm happy to ask you all to pitch those stories. Open the spoiler below if you're interested. If you want to remain unspoiled, don't open it. :)

If anyone has pitches for a pure historical set during the Peasants' Revolt and/or an Ice Warrior story set on Mars, please DM me. Both stories feature the Doctor with two nominally human companions from the late 20th/early 21st centuries - a white male and a black female.

Working titles for other stories currently planned:
  • Hush, Now...
  • Me, Myself, and I
  • All the Angels are Screaming
  • The Unwelcome Stranger

Last edited:
Almost done with the update - just one story to finish! Another little sneak peek to whet your appetites.

Two opening-credits regulars will be removed from the main cast this season of DS9... but which ones? And why?

Also, we never did much with Dr. Mora Pol, did we? Hmm.

Last edited: