What if SEGA and Silicon Graphics, Inc. had agreed to make a SEGA Eris?

Okay guys. I had a weird idea concerning SEGA and Silicon Graphics, It doesn't help the fact that Nintendo 64 was almost a SEGA Console but what if it isn't?
here is a quote from Wikipedia's Entry for Nintendo 64 Entry:

Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI), a long-time leader in graphics visualization and supercomputing, was interested in expanding its business by adapting its technology into the higher volume realm of consumer products, starting with the video game market. Based upon its MIPS R4000 family of supercomputing and workstation CPUs, SGI developed a CPU requiring a fraction of the resources—consuming only 0.5 watts of power instead of 1.5 to 2 watts, with an estimated target price of US$40 instead of US$80–200. The company created a design proposal for a video game system, seeking an established partner in that market. Jim Clark, founder of SGI, offered the proposal to Tom Kalinske, who was the CEO of Sega of America. The next candidate would be Nintendo.

Kalinske said that he and Joe Miller of Sega of America were "quite impressed" with SGI's prototype, and invited their hardware team to travel from Japan to meet with SGI. The engineers from Sega Enterprises said that their evaluation of the early prototype had uncovered several hardware problems. Those were subsequently resolved, but Sega had already decided against SGI's design. Nintendo disputed this account, arguing that SGI chose Nintendo because Nintendo was the more appealing partner. While Sega demanded exclusive rights to the chip, Nintendo was willing to license the technology on a non-exclusive basis. Michael Slater, publisher of Microprocessor Report said, "The mere fact of a business relationship there is significant because of Nintendo's phenomenal ability to drive volume. If it works at all, it could bring MIPS to levels of volume never dreamed of."
and here is the Video Proving that:

How would it affect Nintendo as a company even with Silicon Graphics agreed to work with SEGA?

Okay guys. I had a weird idea concerning SEGA and Silicon Graphics, It doesn't help the fact that Nintendo 64 was almost a SEGA Console but what if it isn't?

How would it affect Nintendo as a company even with Silicon Graphics agreed to work with SEGA?
If that were to happen, maybe Nintendo has to find another CGI company to work with.

Would the Sega Eris be cartridge-based, CD-based or both cartridge and CD-based?

Would the Sega Eris be cartridge-based, CD-based or both cartridge and CD-based?
Ah, of course. Sega Eris would be either cartridge-based or CD-Based.
but it wouldn't be believable if I said Cartridge-based because Sega Genesis was already a cartridge-based console so I said CD-Based Console, right?

What would happen to the 32X and the 32-bit Sega Saturn ITTL?

When would the Sega Eris release?
Err... if OTL Nintendo 64 was released on June 23, 1996 taught me, it would be an Alternate 1996, let's just say that It was released in Japan as March 1, 1996 but North America release would be September 29, 1996 but as for European release, it would be a Alternate 1997. Is that correct?

What company would Nintendo partner with to produce the hardware for the fifth-gen SNES successor?

but anyways, would it be a successful SEGA Console overnight?
If Sega doesn't fucked up their launch and third party relationships is very hard to replicate Saturn mess from OTL unless there genuine internal and or external boycott. Again Sony will moneyhat hard( they literally paid core design to destroy the Saturn version of tomb raider 2) but SEGA can counterattack too

If Sega doesn't fucked up their launch and third party relationships is very hard to replicate Saturn mess from OTL unless there genuine internal and or external boycott. Again Sony will moneyhat hard( they literally paid core design to destroy the Saturn version of tomb raider 2) but SEGA can counterattack too
Okay, how do we make sure that Sega Eris is a successful SEGA console? how would a Sega Eris have any more Video games if OTL Nintendo 64 has Video games?

Okay, how do we make sure that Sega Eris is a successful SEGA console? how would a Sega Eris have any more Video games if OTL Nintendo 64 has Video games?
It think if they don't botch the launch and the price is 300-350 would be a success from the start, as SEGA already have a strong brand not botching it at the start line will give it a massive edge over Sony, especially in Japan, so Sony would need to burn more money or third party would goes multi platform in everything as there too much money to leave in the table

It think if they don't botch the launch and the price is 300-350 would be a success from the start, as SEGA already have a strong brand not botching it at the start line will give it a massive edge over Sony, especially in Japan, so Sony would need to burn more money or third party would goes multi platform in everything as there too much money to leave in the table
Ah. I liked that idea for that Timeline. I will keep SEGA not botching their launch for a SEGA Eris and price should be like $300-350 but how will it be advertised enough and would a Third party Companies want to develop for a Sega Eris? I Wish I had the skill to write it as a full-on timeline.