We Refuse

Chapter 6
chapter 6

fighting in Ohio
War of 1800 part 2:

Connecticut was doing incredibly poorly, the army of Massachusetts had taken their capital and most of their territory. America had all but abandoned the state to focus on the Ohio, southern, and new York front. The state militia was fighting tooth and nail to protect Connecticut. But despite this new haven would fall in November 1800. America was doing much better in the republic of new York. With their navy held up in the Chesapeake they opted for the army in west point to march up the Hudson to capture Albany. The new Yorker army failed to stopped the Americans at Poughkeepsie leading to a major blow do it being a major city and one of the old capitals. The next major city to fall was Kingston, after which the army marching toward Albany would stop to regroup. Another smaller American army would meet up and merge with them. After which the marched to Albany which despite resistance fell. After Albany fell new York became desperate. Most of the most important cities were occupied and its army and government was in taters. This situation lead new York and the new England coalition to meet in Castleton. It was here that it was agreed that new York would cease their claims to Vermont for new England coalition helping retake occupied new York. Thanks to this shaky alliance the 2nd battle of Albany was a successes and new York retake there territory back. In the Ohio the fighting had become more and more centralized. Tecumseh had managed to create a centralized army out of the many tribes. This centralization and help from Britain helped fight off the American armies leading to a stalemate with the area split between 3 countries. But while losing there gains in new York and stalling in Ohio they were doing better. The worst lose was the fall of Baltimore to the encroaching armies. The failure for Britain and Virginia was at Wilmington were America held off a joint attack. This attack and a failure to push Britain out would lead to America to sue for peace. The nations would meet in providence Rhode island.

old state of Rhode Island meeting place of the treaty of Providence

Treaty of Providence:

The first item on the agenda for the conference was forcing the USA to recognize New York, the new England nations, and Virginia as independent. Next came the splitting of Ohio. It was agreed to split it into the various occupation zones with the north going to Britain, the east to America and the western area becoming a new nation for the natives. Virginia got some land around the Potomac river and Maryland's panhandle. When it came to Connecticut it was agreed after a long debate that Massachusetts. Also a part of the treaty was the honoring of the Castleton agreement. The treaty would be sent to the various governments involved and all parties would end up signing it by 1804
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a/n:
1) map will come soon.
2) chapter updates will be put on hold so I can do research for Europe, but updates will come out.

So i feel like i should inform my few readers that i am putting this TL on long term cryo sleep. i have lost interest in it and what to work on different projects. This TL will come back some day but not any time soon, i am sorry. Keep on the look out for my next TL ether A Bullet Through Evil ( over on the after 1900 sub forum) or A Divided House: A History of North America ( before 1900) in a few weeks or so.