Victoria; An Empire Under the Sun

HueyLong

Banned
Most demos for games like this suck, because they have to limit the time, features and map to make it a demo.

I hated HoI2's demo, but ended up loving the full game.

America upon her centennial!

usa1876wi8.png

The Four Germanies
4germaniesjr6.png

The Berlin/Rome axis is alive and well.

France getting double teamed by Prussia and Italy.

italyprussiavsfrance2kw9.png

Austria getting double teamed by Germany and Italy.
germanyanditalyvsaustriacq8.png

Highlander

Banned
There doesn't appear to be one:(

Which should I get first - Victorea or EUII?

Timmy - why don't you take Victoria Island?

Highlander said:

It might be best if you have limited funds to pass on EUII as EUIII comes out the first of the year although I believe you can down load EUII for $ 15. If you can afford both you need to decide which period you like best, 1419 to 1819 w/ EUII or 1836 to 1920 w/Vicky. Be avised that Vicky's expansion pac that will take it to 1935 is due on the 30th of Aug. and will cost IIRC about $ 10. it is NOT stand alone you must have the original Vicky.

Highlander said:

Victoria Island is owned by the UK and it usually is a bad idea to piss them off in the early game as they have 5or six hundred million east Indian troops and 11 times anyone elses navy to whup up on you.:eek: :rolleyes:
The UK is stronger than the US .

If you can, get both at the same time. I got Vicky first and now the download site won't accept my credit card again.
*cusses* No EU II and Mount & Blade for me. :(

Highlander said:

EU2. It's a hell of a lot simpler then Vicky.

Ghost 88 said:
Victoria Island is owned by the UK and it usually is a bad idea to piss them off in the early game as they have 5or six hundred million east Indian troops and 11 times anyone elses navy to whup up on you.:eek: :rolleyes:
The UK is stronger than the US .
True, however by 1878 I was pretty strong and when the UK declared colonial war on my one ally Liberia I backed them up. Hundreds of thousand American troops swept across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Northwest territories and after that it was a slogging match on the Ontario/Manitoba border, with 500,000 on either side of the line.

The result.
usa1882zx1.png

As you'll notice the French Mexican enclave is gone. They DOWed me for Bad Boy I think. After annhiliating 12 french divisions on the beaches I felt bad for them and just Nevilled them into giving me that Mexican province.

Basically any nation you want, down to the teensy little Indian princely states.

Or create your own, if you're handy with notepad.

After three years of war, the british finally break thtough the american lines.

1444251212323694241_rs.jpg

(and, yes. I was cheating as Sweden if you wonder about my money ;) )
EDIT: if you can see it at all, blame the crappy image quality.

EDIT2: or Thande

Timmy811 said:
True, however by 1878 I was pretty strong and when the UK declared colonial war on my one ally Liberia I backed them up. Hundreds of thousand American troops swept across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Northwest territories and after that it was a slogging match on the Ontario/Manitoba border, with 500,000 on either side of the line.

The result.
usa1882zx1.png

As you'll notice the French Mexican enclave is gone. They DOWed me for Bad Boy I think. After annhiliating 12 french divisions on the beaches I felt bad for them and just Nevilled them into giving me that Mexican province.
I can only go by the flags in the left that tell me in 1876 the US was first in prestige and industry but second in military to Britian It does not tell me how far ahead the UK is but knowing the game they probally rule the waves but the US has the advantage on land.

Highlander said:
What do the colours mean? And how many nations can you play in Vicky?
As others say any you want to but only one at a time. You can even opt for a hands off game and watch the how the AI plays. In reality only about 25 countries have a chance of winning. These do not include South America which has little chance of a winning country aside from Brazil. You can however rule S.AM. starting as one of them,and the Great Powers' AIs tend to leave that continent alone.

As of 1882 Germany is 1st in Prestige and Industry and 2nd in Military. (Prussia was #2, South German Fed #8, North German Fed #9, so the Germany Emipre's status is unsurprising)

Britain is 1st in Military and 2nd in the above Categories.

I'm 3rd in Prestige, 10th in Industry and 4th in Military. #5 over all. Because I grabed western Canada in a colonial war I didn't get much prestige compared to a regular war.

My Industry is low because I've had to spend money on my wars. I'm going to spend the next 15 years building railroads, factories and ships.

Timmy811 said:
EU2. It's a hell of a lot simpler then Vicky.
True but as I stated EUIII is coming in 1st quarter 07 and as Highlander is 16 may not have funds to afford EUII+ Vicky now and EUIII when it arrives,also Vicky Revolutions the add on to Vicky is due on the 30 of August, thats why I recomended he choose the era he was most interested in. :)