Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
May I suggest 'Fyodorov', after Vladimir Grigoryevich Fyodorov? (in the same manner as the AK family is often called the Kalashnikov.)

Still reading through the timeline, just felt the need to say this.
You certainly may! It may take me a while to get some more changes put in between work, exhaustion from work, and a lack of inspiration for this TL as of late, but I like the suggestion.

May I suggest 'Fyodorov', after Vladimir Grigoryevich Fyodorov? (in the same manner as the AK family is often called the Kalashnikov.)

Still reading through the timeline, just felt the need to say this.
The VF-52 or whatever year you want it to be made.

The VF-52 or whatever year you want it to be made.
Avtomat Fedorov (AF-57)?

Presumably a Avtomat Fedorov Modernizirovanniy, or AFM, post the Soviet civil war as well. I'm assuming the reliability problems come down to material and manufacturing shortcomings than any real problems with the design.

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Avtomat Fedorov (AF-57)?

Presumably a Avtomat Fedorov Modernizirovanniy, or AFM, post the Soviet civil war as well. I'm assuming the reliability problems come down to material and manufacturing shortcomings than any real problems with the design.
The AF-60 is now canon, and it as well as a number of obscure copycat variants that aren't as popular or as well-known as the AF-60 are used relatively widely in the Soviet Civil War. Its successor, the AFM-72, handles about 90% of the flaws inherent within it and even improves upon 1960s Japanese models, such as relatively constant jamming at the worst possible moment in a battle, and problems with the unreliable safety function which led to more friendly fire incidents than there should have been.

Once I feel like writing again (whenever that happens to be), I'm probably going to make some changes and a metric ton of retcons to the Soviet Civil War, make the situation less extreme while keeping it rather messy. It's not going to be the decade-long clusterfuck that it currently is, because in retrospect that, combined with over thirty million people dropping dead doesn't seem conducive for any long-term staying power of the Soviet Union or Russia for that matter, and leaving Siberia out of it was, at the bare minimum, downright lazy on my end.

I'll get to it later, but I'll plug this edit in and make a few minor revisions here and there when I feel up to it. Also redrafting some later stuff and unreleased barebones drafts to be somewhat less grim.

Last edited:
Okay, to boost the activity of this thread, I will boost some more ISOT scenarios.

'March 1950 Romania ISOTed to OTL June 1940'

'OTL December 7th, 1941 USA ISOTed to TTL's December 7th, 1941'

'TLL's Poland from March 1950 to OTL 1939'

'TTL's 1970s Iberia ISOTed to OTL's 1975'

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Okay, to boost the activity of this thread, I will boost some more ISOT scenarios.

'March 1950 Romania ISOTed to OTL June 1940'

'OTL December 7th, 1941 USA ISOTed to TTL's December 7th, 1941'

'TLL's Poland from March 1950 to OTL 1939'

'TTL's 1970s Iberia ISOTed to OTL's 1975'
You can't boost the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.