TOASTER Sun and Moon [The One All-encompassing Scheme To Eternally Rule]

Should the Poland and Latvia colours be switched?

• Total voters
That's not what I meant.
I said that the Transhumanism was a colour that was available on an older version of TOASTER.

I said that I noticed that because I use the Transhumanism color as I often use the colour for a type of ideology/religion that's very similar to Transhumanism
and I wondered why it was removed.
Uhhhh... I might of accidentally copy pasted the older religion colors instead of the new ones while working on that small update, oops

when someone updates their cs
(snip image)

I don't yet have colours for all the Native American tribes or Italian HRE, though...

YES

edit: meanwhile in DMs
(snip image)

These days, I just think of X2 as "the colours I use". I publicise them so that others can use it to make their own maps if they like. "add everything from Ashtagon's update" does kind of come across as "I'm taking someone else's work and slapping my name over the credits" though. The colour scheme is, strictly speaking, copyrightable (Disclaimer: TINLA, IANAL, NDIPOOTV). You actually can copyright a colour; paint companies do it all the time (as does Pantone), by attaching a specific name and meaning to the colour. However, enforcing copyright is not something I have any particular interest in doing. It does come across as kind of tacky though not to give due credit where credit is due. It was never my intention to create any kind of "let's map a colour scheme" colour war, and it worries me that this seems to be on the verge of happening. This obsession with making colour schemes seems to be diverting everyone's attention from the real job. Which is making awesome maps with backstories.

Last edited:
These days, I just think of X2 as "the colours I use". I publicise them so that others can use it to make their own maps if they like. "add everything from Ashtagon's update" does kind of come across as "I'm taking someone else's work and slapping my name over the credits" though. The colour scheme is, strictly speaking, copyrightable (Disclaimer: TINLA, IANAL, NDIPOOTV). You actually can copyright a colour; paint companies do it all the time, by attaching a specific name and meaning to the colour. However, enforcing copyright is not something I have any particular interest in doing. It does come across as kind of tacky though not to give due credit where credit is due. It was never my intention to create any kind of "let's map a colour scheme" colour war, and it worries me that this seems to be on the verge of happening. This obsession with making colour schemes seems to be diverting everyone's attention from the real job. Which is making awesome maps with backstories.
Heh, 's ok. I am planning on adding the "special thanks" section to the scheme and give credit, and I probably won't add the elevation gradients either.

These days, I just think of X2 as "the colours I use". I publicise them so that others can use it to make their own maps if they like. "add everything from Ashtagon's update" does kind of come across as "I'm taking someone else's work and slapping my name over the credits" though. The colour scheme is, strictly speaking, copyrightable (Disclaimer: TINLA, IANAL, NDIPOOTV). You actually can copyright a colour; paint companies do it all the time (as does Pantone), by attaching a specific name and meaning to the colour. However, enforcing copyright is not something I have any particular interest in doing. It does come across as kind of tacky though not to give due credit where credit is due. It was never my intention to create any kind of "let's map a colour scheme" colour war, and it worries me that this seems to be on the verge of happening. This obsession with making colour schemes seems to be diverting everyone's attention from the real job. Which is making awesome maps with backstories.
I always use TOASTER since I discovered it two months ago :p

or not.... either way I think it should go in the "CILFCA" section rather than "Religion"
Difficult to say, though I'd say it's either a religion or an ideology

What I'd suggest is that we could change the labeling to "Transhumanism/Xenohumanism - other radical-transcultural religion" so it's a religion

Were any major schemes before TACOS pioneered mostly by a single person? I want to add them to the special thanks section to give credit.

A thought on the various shades of grey for borders...

In my opinion(R), the idea behind going from black to grey for border colours is so that the less important borders (eg boroughs and counties) are less visible than the more important ones (eg national borders). However, when placed over a backdrop of typical country colours, the mid-level borders, being grey, are hard to see against the country colours (which in theory average out as some kind of grey). However, the lowest-level borders, being near-white, are actually more visible than the mid-level borders. I don't think it makes for a good aesthetic when boroughs can be seen more clearly than counties.

I'd like to suggest that the border colours be reworked so that the lowest-level border colour be a mid-level shade of grey, rather than an off-white.

Suggested values:

███ 0,0,0 : Coastline
███ 4,4,4 : National borders
███ 17,17,17 : Pseudo-National borders (e.g., UK 'countries', Spanish 'kingdoms' and viceroys, princely states)
███ 50,50,50 : Internal border (level 2)
███ 100,100,100 : Internal border (level 3)
███ 150,150,150 : Internal border (level 4)

(Note: Consider these colour values a basis for further discussion. I'm not married to the specific shades here)
It'll take some experimentation, but that seems like a great idea. I presume the pseudo-national borders would be used between colonies?

That's nice. A large part of toaster was built off of X2. Which in turn was built off of older work (tacos, arcs, ucs, ccs, rcs, anucs, mcs).

I do think of you as technically one of the creators of TOASTER due to all the colors that you created that are being used for it.

WTvxz5h.png

chug chug chug the map train chugs on

Western Europe

US and Canada

Germany

TOASTUPDATE [i will never say that again]

to help streamline the toastschaffungverarbeiten i'm gonna make some code to automatically get the light and dark values in hex format and not fiddle about with a spreadsheet

toast creation process
It you're insisting on that word play I'd ask you to change it to something like these

Toastschaffungsvorgang
Toastherstellungsvorgang
Toasterschaffung(svorgang) (this is the only wordplay wordplay here: of toastER and ERschaffung btw)
Toasterschaffungsfortschritt

Yours is very gratuitous german XD