The XK-BAM map series

Canada 22 ka bedrock.png

Canada's sea level at the Last Glacial Maximum (unfinished)

WIP 8k-BAM of Antarctica without the ice sheet, with isostatic rebound accounted*

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-15440-y/figures/5

*(so it's how it would look like if all weight of it's ice sheets disappeared)
They always show how those lands would look with a sea level increase following no ice.
But I kinda wanna see how they would look like with no increase of sea levels. Just the land rebounding back.

WIP 8k-BAM of Antarctica without the ice sheet, with isostatic rebound accounted*

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-15440-y/figures/5

*(so it's how it would look like if all weight of it's ice sheets disappeared)
In my deviantart I have a 9KBAM projection of the antarctic bedrock reduced from VTBAM bathymetric data, maybe you can find it as useful

This is kind of a niche question, but does anyone have a map of the governates of the Russian Empire? I'm working on a 8K map but honestly I'll take any base map or good source that people have.

They always show how those lands would look with a sea level increase following no ice.
But I kinda wanna see how they would look like with no increase of sea levels. Just the land rebounding back.
They didn't account for the sea levels, it's exactly what you want to see.

They didn't account for the sea levels, it's exactly what you want to see.
"Elevations are relative to hypothetical global mean sea level in an ice-free world."

Doesn't that mean that they accounted the rising sea level or are my English abilities failing me?

This is kind of a niche question, but does anyone have a map of the governates of the Russian Empire? I'm working on a 8K map but honestly I'll take any base map or good source that people have.
Co-signed, I am also looking for a 2K or 8K map of the Russian Empire governorates.

Jomon Yayoi Kofun.png

Kofun Asuka Nara.png

Nara Heian.png

Heian Kamakura Kenmu.png

Nanbokucho Muromachi Sengoku Azuchimomoyama Edo.png

Modern and contemporary.png

The history of Japan (20050BC - 2023 AD).
*This map contains the legendary emperors of Japan, also please be aware of the informations from -660 to -97 can be unreliable.
*Este mapa contiene los emperadores legendarios de Japón; también tenga en cuenta que la información del -660 al -97 puede no ser confiable.
*この地図には日本の伝説的な天皇が含まれています。また、-660 から -97 までの情報は信頼できない可能性があることに注意してください。

Made in 2023/2024 [Reiwa 4/5, Koki 2683/2684] (2023/2024年製 [令和4/5年、皇紀2683/2684年])

Last edited:
View attachment 887487
View attachment 887488
View attachment 887489
View attachment 887490
View attachment 887491
View attachment 887492
The history of Japan (20050BC - 2023 AD).
*This map contains the legendary emperors of Japan, also please be aware of the informations from -660 to -97 can be unreliable.
*Este mapa contiene los emperadores legendarios de Japón; también tenga en cuenta que la información del -660 al -97 puede no ser confiable.
*この地図には日本の伝説的な天皇が含まれています。また、-660 から -97 までの情報は信頼できない可能性があることに注意してください。

Made in 2023/2024 [Reiwa 4/5, Koki 2683/2684] (2023/2024年製 [令和4/5年、皇紀2683/2684年])
This is amazing.

"Elevations are relative to hypothetical global mean sea level in an ice-free world."

Doesn't that mean that they accounted the rising sea level or are my English abilities failing me?
Damn I guess you're right, I really didn't notice it 🤦‍♂️

Last edited: