The XK-BAM map series

Made a detailed 8K-BAM patch of the autonomy of Volga Germans in the USSR:

1710357931900.png

1024px-%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%B2_%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B6%D1%8C%D1%8F_%D0%90%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A0.png

this one of Native American Reservations is by finnnosam on discord, the dark blue seen in the eastern Navajo is the checkerboard region
natives_OTL_2020_8k.png
Nice, that looks amazing! I tried doing something like that by using a shapefile I found to input on QGIS and overlap it on the map to outline it. I only did Arizona's (my home state) Native Reservations first but didn't finish the rest. I also am planning on doing Brazil's Native Reservations, if I can try.

US Indian Reservations: https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/item/5d150464e4b0941bde5b7658
Brazil's Indian Reservations: https://gitlab.com/schmertmann/indigenous-fertility-brazil/tree/master/Data/shapefiles

Unfinished US Reservations:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 195747.png
Planned US Reservations:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 200348.png

A semi-important question: How exactly does the XK-BAM maps work when it comes to copyright?, since 2019, I have been working on heavily edited and revamped versions of them (for personal use) for the past 4 years, that only look vaguely similar to the original 2K and 8K maps posted in here, and I one day (this will still take years though) plan to publish the maps that I am working on in physical paper, to explain the worldbuilding of my novels, like the many world maps you commonly see in fantasy and historical novels.

Even though my 2K and 8K versions are heavily edited by myself (and thus I would theoretically be the "owner" of this version that I have been exhaustively working on for 4 years), and I do not plan to publicly release the maps until I release the novels themselves, would I still require to give out credits for the original creator(s) of the map or something?, and would I be even allowed to publish these maps on paper and sell books that include them to begin with?

Last edited:
10Ka.png

10ka 2.png

Blank map of World in 10000 BP (8000BC)
Edit: added African Humid Period lakes.

There is a list of largest lakes:
1. McDonell
2. Agassiz
3. Caspian
4. Pontus (Black Sea)
5. Giga Chad (Lol)
6. Fezzan