The Union Forever: A TL

Puppets are good for working around tarrifs and embargoes.
Yeah, but the Techno assholes had angered a lot of people. When you got the Pope, makes an official condemnation for acts on none Christians you know you have pissed off the good humor man as I can only recall a few times that has happened OTL. But religious history isn't my best subject.

What is more likely IMO is Peking or is it Beijing ITL? Either way they most likely try to annex it outright, they did the same to Formosa which by the point they got it back it should had been Japanese ethnic island and viewed by the Japanese as one of the home islands. The fact Manchuria has been gone from the Chinese SOI since the Great War isn't going to matter to the Techno people. Then again Japan was a totally defeated nation whereas Russia is simply worn out and still has nukes. So it could go either way.

Got a question, what were the ideologies of the reformers and conservatives? It didn't really specify aside from one was for the war in Manchuria and one was against

Democracy and not democracy?

Like their names say: reform vs. conservatism.

It's a little more nuanced than that.

The reformers, from my understanding, desired a true federal state, with all of the various federal units sharing power. This had been ongoing for quite a while (I seem to remember talks of a Polish Prime Minister, among others), and was sought by nearly all of the various federal subjects of the IEF.

The conservatives, for the most part, were a Russia first party, and wanted to maintain the supremacy of Russia within the federation (as the largest federal state and most populous one) and to prevent the various other states from gaining too much power in the Duma and other government agencies.

Note that the monarch at the start of the war was pro-reform, but she fell ill before it began. I believe that she died and was succeeded by someone else in the meantime. The only reason that the Conservatives seemed to have won was due to their control of the military and by the various federal states essentially bailing out immediately rather than fight to maintain the reformists. (Poland, Finland, Baltics, etc pretty much immediately jumped ship). This protected those states, but meant that the reformer's large base of support dried up very quickly.

Luminous has it pretty much right. The Conservatives, and the Motherland Party they grew out of, never really liked the idea of the IEF as a union of different nations. They wanted ethnic Russians, and the Russian Orthodox faith, to have a clearly dominate role. They were also more militaristic and less democratic than the reformers.

What are video games like in TTL? Is it the level of OTL?

Most important question about issues if they are very popular:

1. Is there something ultra popular game franchise like OTL Super Mario?
2. Is there video game violence scare?

Good question. Broadly speaking video games are just as developed and popular as OTL, maybe even a little more so. There are various video game icons though I'm not sure any one is as ubiquitous as OTL's Mario. I will be including more details on video/computer games in future updates. PM me any suggestions you have.

Regarding all the new independent states in the Commonwealth of Nations, how close is everyone to the British Government in London? Is it sort of like a League of American States type situation?

It various depending on the country and the issue. The UK can no longer speak on behalf of the entire ComNat. Whether its Ireland, Canada, East Africa, Madras, Malaya, etc. all independent nations in the Commonwealth have complete control over their domestic and foreign policies. So, yes ComNat has grown more similar to the League of American Republics, the UK however is no longer as disproportionally powerful as the United States is.

It various depending on the country and the issue. The UK can no longer speak on behalf of the entire ComNat. Whether its Ireland, Canada, East Africa, Madras, Malaya, etc. all independent nations in the Commonwealth have complete control over their domestic and foreign policies. So, yes ComNat has grown more similar to the League of American Republics, the UK however is no longer as disproportionally powerful as the United States is.
Although in defence, it is similar to NATO in the sense of armament procurement and defence policy, as established with the ComNat DASR and the selection of a Commonwealth wide service rifle.

Some very good updates here, with the aftermath of the IEF Civil War, things promise to get... awkward in the near future. I imagine that in spy fiction and movies of this TL, China is portrayed in a similar way to the Soviet Union of OTL? And is there anything like a James Bond equivalent, do you think?

Luminous has it pretty much right. The Conservatives, and the Motherland Party they grew out of, never really liked the idea of the IEF as a union of different nations. They wanted ethnic Russians, and the Russian Orthodox faith, to have a clearly dominate role. They were also more militaristic and less democratic than the reformers.
Are there plans by the conservatives to reinstate free elections, even if with a centralised or biased political structure? Or are they leaning on the concept of a single party state (with all the long term problems it carries)?

Are there plans by the conservatives to reinstate free elections, even if with a centralised or biased political structure? Or are they leaning on the concept of a single party state (with all the long term problems it carries)?

Defacto single party state with some token opposition parties. Most of the real opposition has been crushed/fled during the war.

Looking towards the 2004 presidential election. Any thoughts about which Republicans would run? In theory Blanton could try again for a second term. Abe Lincoln IV could run a third term.

It would be intresting if someone could pull Cleveland. But Lincoln IV is more plausible. Might be that too many still remember Blanton's temr. In other hand Zaal is quiet doomed.

Looking towards the 2004 presidential election. Any thoughts about which Republicans would run? In theory Blanton could try again for a second term. Abe Lincoln IV could run a third term.
Personally IMO this isn't the 19th century and because of that neither Blanton nor Abe IV would try to run again. IIRC no president ITL has tried it and it really has no precedent. More likely the two are viewed as elder statement of the GOP who would try to steer support to the Republican they support than run again. Possibly a well known and like GOP member from a swing state, possibly a woman if possible. Honestly the Dem president hasn't done anything really good and a liked GOP member from a swing state most likely gives the Republicans the white house again.

2003: World Map
I know its been a minute since an update. Here is the world as of 31 December 2003. Cheers!
2003 Final.png

Have to really suck being in the Czech Republic? or whatever it is called in this TL. Sandwiched in-between three sides of Germany like that./

It is Kingdom of Bohemia. And things could be much worse. Check OTL.

Poles might be pretty pissed. In Germany is still notable Polish minority and not coastal.

Is it bad I kinda want to see Germany collapse, something about them makes me yearn for their destruction in the time line