The Sun, The Stars and The Sickle: Alt-WWII and a Tripolar Postwar World

What would you like to see next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@WaterproofPotatoes I feel this is a bad idea and I will lay out why, ofc it is ultimately up to you to heed it or not.

First is obviously that people are already invested in this story, I know I am. And it is unsure if they will want to read again the same story but only slightly different. Furthermore in my experience of seeing authors who went for reboots they often give up on them even more quickly than the original. Perhaps they get bored of covering the same ground, perhaps only during the reboot they realize how far they went the first time and get daunted and give up on their project entirely.

In short it rarely works out in my experience. I feel it would be best if you finished it as is, even if you rushed it a bit and then worked on a reboot. That way the readers get some closure, there is less pressure on you and you can take your time redrafting the timeline, possibly even for publication.

Anyway just some food for thought for you, it is a great story and I hope you keep going forward one way or the other. Great job ;)

@WaterproofPotatoes I feel this is a bad idea and I will lay out why, ofc it is ultimately up to you to heed it or not.

First is obviously that people are already invested in this story, I know I am. And it is unsure if they will want to read again the same story but only slightly different. Furthermore in my experience of seeing authors who went for reboots they often give up on them even more quickly than the original. Perhaps they get bored of covering the same ground, perhaps only during the reboot they realize how far they went the first time and get daunted and give up on their project entirely.

In short it rarely works out in my experience. I feel it would be best if you finished it as is, even if you rushed it a bit and then worked on a reboot. That way the readers get some closure, there is less pressure on you and you can take your time redrafting the timeline, possibly even for publication.

Anyway just some food for thought for you, it is a great story and I hope you keep going forward one way or the other. Great job ;)

Not to worry! There is a lot of new ground I have to cover, and a lot of things I had to "write around" adjusted... it isn't falling out of love with the story, it's making sure I love it and it gets the love it needs, inside and out!

There's also Plan B: if the reboot doesn't get completed, I'll come back to this one. It's not a story I want to leave unfinished!

Thanks!

What I can say for sure is that there is going to be a lot more focus on events prior to WWII, snd more insight into how Japanese militarism was controlled.

I'm certainly interested to see pre-WW2 developments! Incidentally, are you planning to keep a variant Washington Naval Treaty as the main POD for this timeline?

Hopefully, in the new version of the timeline, I'll be able to find out if the Italians take the unfinished Soviet ships for themselves or not. That was honestly my favorite plot thread of this thread. Not that everything else wasn't interesting to read about too.

Here I am, back from the dead!

Had to deal with the ending a relationship, the rebirth of a marketing and media strategy, but I hope to have some more of the preliminary work done on the reboot soon!

One juicy drop though- new POD will be 1915

It makes sense that the best way to get Japan as a member of the Allies in WWII would be to somehow preserve the Anglo-Japanese alliance without affecting the Great War enough to make TTL's WWII completely unrecognizable.

Last edited:
If I might make a request? More of the Propaganda Radio Speaker bits, such as the bit about the moustaches. You managed to write them such that I could actually hear them in the voice of that one guy who actually did such bits from WWII, and that makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.