The Sun, The Stars and The Sickle: Alt-WWII and a Tripolar Postwar World

What would you like to see next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert on Godzilla. Is Ghidorah one of the "good" monsters, or one of the "bad" monsters?
Bad, with a capital B. He's been known as the Big Bad, the ultimate foe of Godzilla. If Big G is Batman, Ghidorah is his Joker. Most iconic foe bar none, and the toughest one to face.

x'D

That is brilliant!

The left head would just need some puppet strings with a "Made in Germany" tag tied to them.

Maybe a caption for the Wu head:

"I do not like this.
This is no fun.
Whoever said three heads,
Are better than one!"
I'm guessing Mao is the one on the right, and Jiang is the one on the left.

y2H0M0Ah.jpg

Or something like that. I can't be bothered to color it in today, though one can probably see in which order I made the heads

Bad, with a capital B. He's been known as the Big Bad, the ultimate foe of Godzilla. If Big G is Batman, Ghidorah is his Joker. Most iconic foe bar none, and the toughest one to face.

Oh....

So would Ghidorah ITTL represent some evil nations, like the USSR and Nazi Germany?

Oh....

So would Ghidorah ITTL represent some evil nations, like the USSR and Nazi Germany?
You could, yes. He's usually very old, alien, and just wants to destroy everything and anything it can. First version, IE, the Showa one, is why Venus or Mars, depending on the version, is the way it is.

Heck, have some heads represent seperate nations, with the occasional snap or two at one another.

I also have this.

I don’t have the chance to watch classic Godzilla, but this... I can watch thousand of time over and over again.

Well, if you're looking for propaganda material, here's an idea: an evil dragon trying to eat the Sun, while a group of samurai and a good dragon try to protect the Sun. There's good symbolism there, the Sun representing not just Japan but the Orient as a whole, while China isn't portrayed as completely bad but instead as divided between those who seek to conquer and those who seek mutual cooperation and peace.

You could, yes. He's usually very old, alien, and just wants to destroy everything and anything it can. First version, IE, the Showa one, is why Venus or Mars, depending on the version, is the way it is.
It should be noted that according to the Mothra series back in the 90s, Ghidorah was responsible for killing off all the dinosaurs as well along with hints he was also responsible for the Permian Extinction.

Considering that various other alien races all fear him and refer to him as the “King of Terror”...

The only good version of Ghidorah was in “Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack” in which he was an immature Orochi trying to kill Godzilla (Godzilla who was a zombie possessed by all the dead on both sides of WWII in the Pacific and was trying to destroy Japan for that reason).

On a technical-but-non-weapons note: Since we're up to 1943, is Japan included in use of the WAllies Combined Cipher Machine? The creation of the thing was a bit of a political struggle between the Brits and the USN in OTL, and I can't imagine clueing in another nation, which up until recently they regarded as a competitor makes the Americans very happy.

That, and the Japanese ITTL are already collaborating with the British when it comes to encryption technology and procedures. The Anglo-Japanese Alliance might de jure have been dissolved, but de facto continues to exist.

Hey everybody, it's been forever....

It's painful to do this, but as it stands, I'm not satisfied with the plausibility factor of my work, so this iteration of SS&S will have to stop here.

However, this is by no means the end. I wound up learning a lot while writing what I have written, and I like the concept too much to abandon it. There will be a reboot which hopefully captures the spirit of the best and excises the worst of what I have written thus far!

Hey everybody, it's been forever....

It's painful to do this, but as it stands, I'm not satisfied with the plausibility factor of my work, so this iteration of SS&S will have to stop here.

However, this is by no means the end. I wound up learning a lot while writing what I have written, and I like the concept too much to abandon it. There will be a reboot which hopefully captures the spirit of the best and excises the worst of what I have written thus far!

Don't worry about it.

Thanks!

What I can say for sure is that there is going to be a lot more focus on events prior to WWII, snd more insight into how Japanese militarism was controlled.
It's such a shame too, it was a wonderful version of this story in my opinion.

Than again I'm here more for the story than the history.
The history has to be there and the sense of plausibility. But you defo had that in my opinion.

Oh well I most certainly look forward to the reboot and any other work you create, you are one of my favourites on this board after all.

It's such a shame too, it was a wonderful version of this story in my opinion.

Than again I'm here more for the story than the history.
The history has to be there and the sense of plausibility. But you defo had that in my opinion.

Oh well I most certainly look forward to the reboot and any other work you create, you are one of my favourites on this board after all.

That is a huge honour!

Some elements I will retain with minimal modifications, but others I'm re-working so the structure is tighter- I started a lot of threads I didn't develop as fully as I wanted to. The flash style also let me work out what ways I like to write best!

I personally want to read about the unfinished Soviet battleships in the second iteration of this timeline.

I would’ve loved to have read about how Manchuquo developed in the post-war years, but I guess that’llhave to wait until the redux timeline gets to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.