Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It sucks that louisiana still have slavery but at the very least it's a humane kind of slavery like indenture servants with laws to protect them and hopefully a liberal Ottoman empire that tolerates all religion and minorities hopefully a future sultan won't try to restore the conservative laws before reforms regarding faiths and minorities
indeed, we'll see. For the Turks, well Abdulmejid I was even more of a reformer than his father, so you can count it out.....

Of course, an early Civil War especially if the North fires the first shots gives the CSA a better chance of winning especially if they control Kentucky and/or Missouri. Then again, Maryland which is sometimes considered to be a swing state really doesn't like Calhoun and his cronies which will make the Destitute Era even worse than it already is.
The Destitute Era will be interesting to write......

Rivercat893

Banned
The Destitute Era will be interesting to write......
I don't really how the United States/American Union can even survive after losing so much territory, civil war, and an economic crisis to boot as I noted. It's more likely to collapse and die than even survive a period called the Destitute Era.

I don't really how the United States/American Union can even survive after losing so much territory, civil war, and an economic crisis to boot as I noted. It's more likely to collapse and die than even survive a period called the Destitute Era.
if every country with a dictatorial past (which is almost always caused by economic crisis) collapsed, then half of the world's countries today would not exist.

Rivercat893

Banned
if every country with a dictatorial past (which is almost always caused by economic crisis) collapsed, then half of the world's countries today would not exist.
Well, I'm talking about the current circumstances of this country. The other dictatorships were in a slightly better position than the American Union and had some effective dictators compared to Calhoun.

Well, I'm talking about the current circumstances of this country. The other dictatorships were in a slightly better position than the American Union and had some effective dictators compared to Calhoun.
Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Venezuela, Central America, Nepal, Bhutan, Persia all have had more strenuous histories than America ittl. They have remained together even if they lost territory.

Flag of the American Union State (Kaiserreich flag cause i am horrible in flag making)
Perhaps something like this?
The Star representing the union
au.png

It sucks that louisiana still have slavery but at the very least it's a humane kind of slavery like indenture servants with laws to protect them and hopefully a liberal Ottoman empire that tolerates all religion and minorities hopefully a future sultan won't try to restore the conservative laws before reforms regarding faiths and minorities

It's basically a combination of what was ideally intended for the U.S. South had they actually cared with the platform of slavery as practiced in IOTL Imperial Brazil with the law of free womb (Louisiana's equivalent to the Rio Branco Law that IOTL Brazil passed in 1871), while I'm not entirely sure when Louisiana will declare for abolition, it seems like it may end up happening earlier than the U.S. did IOTL.

Perhaps something like this?
The Star representing the union
View attachment 609732

Well I mean, if it has to be a stripes thing, then yeah, I think I would prefer that over classic Kaiserreich's AUS flag...before it became what it is now.
Not an American but how realistic would it be ? It doesn’t seem really realistic to me . But yeah it seem like the union will survive in one form or another
I mean, what I would prefer, and what would be realistic is two different planes of existence truth be told. I mean, a Northern state, wither a reformed FSA or something else is not off the table any time in the forseeable future, and that may end up being the only other balkanization I could see in a realistic sense, but I wouldn't mind a scenario ala the Articles of Confederation failing that leads to the 13 colonies essentially becoming 13 different countries.
Same , petite Louisiana deviendra grande et forte . Around how much Mishigama population could grow to ? They seem to actually be around 100 000 could they grow to 1 or 2 million by 1920 ?
They would have to do some serious reforms and eschew much of their traditions, and more importantly, will need to stick so they can grow out the way they would want.
Yes . But I’m not sure if the ottoman would directly annex and control Tunisia in one hand it’s richer than Tripolitania but also more populous and probably rebellious seeing how more liberal the ottoman are and they have a history of autonomy / independence . Also the partage of Hagia Sofia is a bold move where there any plan to it OTL ?
yes, Mahmud II's biography does mention it
^ This, Mahmud actually wanted to centralize the entirety of his domains into the empire, and I feel a part of it was inspired by Tanzimat, but another was inspired in part because of France's invasion and conquest of Algeria, which was an Ottoman province in-name only. It may have played a part behind Mahmud ultimately deposing the Karamanlis in 1835 and returning Tripolitania to a full Ottoman Eyalet, as well as the deposition of both the Hasanid Mamluks in Iraq and the Jalilids of Mosul/Iraqi Kurdistan in the same time period, not to mention the tensions played in part between the Ottomans and the Aghaids (the Muhammad Ali Dynasty) throughout the 1830s and into the 1840s.

Their flag should resemble the Bourbons with a white and blue color scheme since they are a monarchy ruled by the House of Orleans.
Below are our musings on it in the Request Thread:
Inspired by the arms of the roman catholic archdiocese new orleans but using the orléans' arms in chief and a slightly modified bottom part which echoes the current flag of Louisiana.

View attachment 605595

Something like this?
View attachment 605596
Alludes to the Bourbon Orleans arms without showing them.

No worries.
Another variant if mine seems too France derived.
View attachment 605603

Hmm, this one may be better:
View attachment 605604

I can't believe that I would actually prefer the Electoral Collage be retained ITTL. That just goes to show how screwed the US is.

Yay for Mishigama. Go democratic Native American state, go!

Yay for Louisiana. That's one way to have a House of Peers.

Now there is a "University of Borealia". That suggests that there are multiple states created from BNA.

I particularly like @The Professor's first Louisiana flag.