Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New England Wikibox.
new england.png

A solid cadre of well-trained officers and, as or even more important, NCOs, will do wonders in any conflict with the USA, who still rely on militia for the bulk of their war time forces.

A Russo-Louisianan friendship. I did not expect that.

Go Mexico! It looks like the (near-)future is bright there.
Well Nicky I and Louis-Philippe were friends prior to the latter's accession to the French throne IOTL, I could kinda see it being the case. Besides, Louisiana needs the immigration pull, probably just as much so as Mexico does, and in the long term if they still wish to maintain its claims to the Louisiana Purchase lands still in the hands of a very authoritarian United States. It's kind of a shame though that even ITTL, the much popular Ferdinand Philippe still ends up not getting the throne...kinda makes me wonder...did he stay behind in France? Does he still end up quitting this world after a broken skull session? What do?

I also find it fascinating that the former Duke of Nemours (now Duke de Saint-Louis de la Louisiane) married a Russian Grand Duchess...don't get me wrong, I know that it isn't exactly unheard of, after all Maria Nikolaevna married Maximilian de Beauharnais IOTL and he was a Catholic all his life as far as I know, I really don't know. But it's still fascinating all the same.

On the subject of New England, I dunno what irks me more, the fact that Zebulon is still a prominent name in modern day New England TTL, or the fact that JQA names his first son after himself with each generation...

Meanwhile Christian Democracy becomes a thing 50 years earlier than OTL and it doesn't involve the three main starters of Christian Democracy (Roman Catholicism, Calvinism, and Pentecostalism respectively), this will be an interesting scenario, if only because of how you can make Christian Democracy as a distinct ideology compared to how it is IOTL. Especially since I don't think the ideology exists under Methodist lines I believe.

On Mexico, it is becoming what people had, at least for the first half of the 19th century seriously considered, a regional power that is on the outside looking into becoming a potential great power in its own right. This time, Mexico now no longer has to worry about a United States that has now turned into an Agrarianist Dictatorship that is on the cusp of collapse. However with that being said, I'm kinda one to hope that Napoleon II still lives longer than OTL and even sires children of his own to continue the main Napoleonic branch, while keeping the Mexican branch (and likely by extension, the Hollander (re: Napoleon III) and Westphalian branches) separate.

On Japan, I guess it's now a Boshin War of a sort, except not really? I dunno...

thoughts?
It seem like the Tokugawa are gonna keep some power in this timeline and TTL japan are having their own version of the Bonshin war ?
Know little about Christian political party so can’t speak about the change or consequence .
And it seem like Mexico are doing good for themselves it’s nice if people start to speak of Mexican professionalism it would mean that their army would prove itself now i’m curious against who it will be . Russo Louisianan relation weren’t something I was expecting but it’s a welcome suprise all of that is very interesting i’m gonna say Louisiana with Mishigami are probably the nation that interest me the most in North America . And multiple American Louisianan conflicts are confirmed i’m gonna support Louisiana in these . I’m curious on how Russian architecture will influence the Louisianan one and if we are gonna have a Russian Louisianan community

Mexico is still in need of some radical reforms to truly punch above its weight. The only massive domestic issue it has left to solve, are the nobles owning their own fiefdoms.

Even then, I doubt it will last any longer. The United States in Revenge of the Crown has lost so much territory, saw a president assassinated, and an economic crisis that any further growth is nearly impossible.
It probably won't, but I hope it lasts long enough to see the ultimate outcome of all their choices, unlike stupid Gilead

This is really very speculative tbh. Its the 19th Century so a lot of things can happen to influence this. A large part of the US Population is descended from Italian, German, Irish immigration. There was a bit of a German-American subculture in the US up until WWI (it died out for obvious reasons) whose cultural influence could be felt in the modern US. Names like Eisenhower for example were Anglicanized versions of names like Eisenhauer.

America in ttl is in a near permanent siege-mentality with its population largely wary of foreigners thanks it being screwed by both the British, the French Louisianans, and the rising Mexican Empire. New England and the Mexican Empire will probably receive the bulk of this immigration. Though what was main and now Nova Hibernia would probably be a place for Irish immigration as well.

Mexico being a Catholic nation could see many potential Italian and Irish immigrants flock there as well.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. I'm completely spitballing there as there's no way to tell what will happen in the next ~200 years!

It was just a thought exercise given the question was asked!

Northstar

Ahh man, no Mormons? There's always interesting for a divided North America TL; and interesting in their own right in my opinion.

Still an interesting direction for New England politics. And that infobox indicates they won't be taking anymore American territory. I wonder how the New English view the American Revolution and their time as part of the USA?

How is the Louisiana Kingdom organized internally? Are they still using the old state system to some degree? What role does this new nobility play? What is the status of slavery in the kingdom?

Ahh man, no Mormons? There's always interesting for a divided North America TL; and interesting in their own right in my opinion.

Still an interesting direction for New England politics. And that infobox indicates they won't be taking anymore American territory. I wonder how the New English view the American Revolution and their time as part of the USA?

How is the Louisiana Kingdom organized internally? Are they still using the old state system to some degree? What role does this new nobility play? What is the status of slavery in the kingdom?

True. but at the same time, I feel like it's a bit cliche, and the PoD does allow the possibility that the Mormon faith doesn't get created ITTL.

Will the USA still get some OTL immigration or will it be all diverted to louisiana and Mexico
I highly doubt all the OTL immigrants will go elsewhere, granted the anti-Catholic anti-Anglo sentiments will cut down on a lot of it, but other than general xenophobia I don't think there's anything against, say, German Protestant migrants.

Economically the remaining United States is not going to do well as their main exports of cotton not only relies on slave labour which is cut off from by the British, slaves have several options to where to escape to pursued and also growing cotton will deplete the soil in OTL cotton plantations spread west and into Texas because of this before crop rotation with legumes (peanuts) became the normal. There is no room to move west now so cotton production will start to reduce, also US cotton will probable be boycotted by British, French & possible other European countries markets because of slavery with them sourcing from Louisiana, Mexico, Egypt & India.

No mention of the West Africa Squadron in abolishing the Slave Trade, just privateers?
American slavery economy was pretty much self sufficient at this point - while slave imports were not unknown, unlike the Caribbean plantations the conditions were just liveable enough for their to be a natural growth in the slave population.

Privateers operated in our time line too but the High risk of disease from operating in the tropics and in unsanitary conditions meant the West African Squadron of the the RN Di most of the heavy lifting.