The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

View attachment 869221
Nevermind, it's actually today that it ends. I finished everything. I will not be doing anymore qbam patches unless they are much smaller in scale.
Here's what I think is the most updated qbam
dgg6mm4-d51bab4f-4cd4-448d-8f47-13c8f4d919f8.png
1700074316805.png

What is the deal with double borders in Myanmar. They have been there since the last major revamp of China.

dgg6mm4-2b3cc6f4-6707-4f3c-b6db-2ae17b6912f0.png

Fixed the border as well as some incorrect colors in India/Pakistan as well as an error in Tomsk Oblast
I found a couple more errors

Attachments

• 1700083841829.png
    1700083841829.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 1700083908473.png
    1700083908473.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image_2023-11-15_223444868.png
    image_2023-11-15_223444868.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 126
  • image_2023-11-15_223550394.png
    image_2023-11-15_223550394.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image_2023-11-15_224257749.png
    image_2023-11-15_224257749.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 192
Hello Sharklord1, I have been following your maps as early as like 2015 or so, I just wanted to ask to you, as well as mappers who post on this thread in general, what are the sources that you guys use to make indigenous reservations in the US, Canada, Costa Rica, Brazil, Myanmar, and Australia? because I want to do maps of these reservations but in the XK-BAM map projection, I can do makeshift versions of indigenous reserves for my 2K map basing it on yours, but I wanted to see the sources so that the projection aligns better, cheers!

Hello Sharklord1, I have been following your maps as early as like 2015 or so, I just wanted to ask to you, as well as mappers who post on this thread in general, what are the sources that you guys use to make indigenous reservations in the US, Canada, Costa Rica, Brazil, Myanmar, and Australia? because I want to do maps of these reservations but in the XK-BAM map projection, I can do makeshift versions of indigenous reserves for my 2K map basing it on yours, but I wanted to see the sources so that the projection aligns better, cheers!
(ima answer half of the question because why not)
Costa Rican and Burmese "reservations" are easy to find as they are true administrative divisions and not just a part of land granted to natives. Pretty sure Taiwanese "reservations" are too. About US, Canada, and Brazil, I am unsure, although I guess that GIS datasets for all of them exist, especially for the North American ones.

I actually agree with @otpad , if all regions with coastline as the border were marked, then we would see a line around the Hudson Bay marking the border of the provinces with Nunavut as virtually all of the Hudson Bay is owned by Nunavut (legally, at least)
You can see it better here; I marked the Nunavut border with red
1700162160308.png

(ima answer half of the question because why not)
Costa Rican and Burmese "reservations" are easy to find as they are true administrative divisions and not just a part of land granted to natives. Pretty sure Taiwanese "reservations" are too.
True, the same applies to Panama (I already made them on my custom 8K so there was no need to ask for them), just color specific subdivisions as purple and voila.
About US, Canada, and Brazil, I am unsure, although I guess that GIS datasets for all of them exist, especially for the North American ones.
Yeah, detailed "official"(?) maps for the US, Canada, and Brazil indigenous reservations are what I am most looking for.

I actually agree with @otpad , if all regions with coastline as the border were marked, then we would see a line around the Hudson Bay marking the border of the provinces with Nunavut as virtually all of the Hudson Bay is owned by Nunavut (legally, at least)
You can see it better here; I marked the Nunavut border with redView attachment 869600
Yeah but I think they include the coast around the lake, while the provinces never had that division. Not defending it to the death but that's what represented on the map, while Nunavut doesn't own those parts of the coast anyways
@Kvasir I already patched those, unless you don't mean the coasts

I haven't compared Sharklord's to mine, but here's some reworks I did for the following areas (please note it's not EVERY portion shown):

-Parts of Italy, mostly the Northeastern coast and adding some lakes.
-The Andorro-Franco-Spanish border.
-The French Mediterranean coast and part of the Spanish Mediterranean coast.
-Small correction to the Slovenia-Italy border area.
-All of Ireland.
-Parts of the British coast, particularly Wales, the Southern coast, Isle of Mann, parts of the Southern and Central Eastern coast and some other odds and ends.
-The entirety of Denmark.
-Parts of the German Baltic coast.
-Some small bits and pieces in the Northeastern Dutch coast and a small few in Sweden near Denmark.

Britano-Dano-Franco-Italian Reworks.png

Yeah but I think they include the coast around the lake, while the provinces never had that division. Not defending it to the death but that's what represented on the map, while Nunavut doesn't own those parts of the coast anyways
@Kvasir I already patched those, unless you don't mean the coasts

I don't mean the coasts. There have been local authority boundary changes. Someone patched it earlier in the thread.

I don't mean the coasts. There have been local authority boundary changes. Someone patched it earlier in the thread.
Where are the patches? I've not found anything
Algeria-Tunisia Lakes Patch Blank.png
Algeria-Tunisia Lakes Patch No Dry Lakes Blank.png
Algeria-Tunisia Lakes Patch No Dry Lakes.png
Algeria-Tunisia Lakes Patch.png

Also patched algeria's and tunisia's natural lakes. Note that the 7 lakes around Algiers are man-made lakes, as is the one in Oued Zarga in Tunisia and Bechar in Western Algeria.