The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

This is cringe. If you want a realistic Axis victory timeline, go play Thousand Week Reich. People play TNO for its atmosphere and stories, not because it is realistic. This obsession has killed Kaiserreich.
TWR isn't realistic either to be honest, and we shouldn't write KR off as having fallen to boring storylines for the sake of realism, especially with what has been teased with the reworks and the fact that the first "big" rework defining KR's new gameplay and narrative, the L-KMT, came out, and it is truly one of the most compelling gameplay and lore reworks I have experienced, especially with its' more narrative driven approach.

Seriously, the backlash against KR's reworks has a lot to do with obsession about 1-2 memes(usually related to Genghis Khan II) that went back to a time period where people never fully took combined with the long time it took for the development to be realized that it led to people developing nightmare scenarios about how the reworks would look.

Also with regards to Burgundy, I don't think we should take a former dev's words as gospel, but I think it could be reworked with a new backstory(maybe Hitler is wary of Himmler's power and feels Heydrich may be more reliable as the face of the SS in Germany, so he rewards Himmler's supression of a French revolt in 1956 with Burgundy--said reward also serving the goal to kick Himmler upstairs) so that it could be better used to explore the SS' insanity without nuclear devastation. However we could maybe have nuclear devastation be the endgoal of a faction within the SS.

Also with regards to Burgundy, I don't think we should take a former dev's words as gospel, but I think it could be reworked with a new backstory(maybe Hitler is wary of Himmler's power and feels Heydrich may be more reliable as the face of the SS in Germany, so he rewards Himmler's supression of a French revolt in 1956 with Burgundy--said reward also serving the goal to kick Himmler upstairs) so that it could be better used to explore the SS' insanity without nuclear devastation. However we could maybe have nuclear devastation be the endgoal of a faction within the SS.
I remember something about "Himmler's brain is Heydrich".
I think it likely that kicked upstairs that way, without Heydrich to act as a grey eminence, it's likely that Himmler would go further into esotericism... but I also think he'd be influenceable.
A weak leader that is kept around because as long as Himmler is around, Berlin can't exercise oversight into the Burgundian SS without undermining their goal of getting Himmler out of the way.

Can I say that I automatically write off any WW2 AH scenario where it's just Germany that wins the war? I don't know why Japan winning is somehow less realistic than Germany that so called realistic Nazi victory settings go down that route

I remember something about "Himmler's brain is Heydrich".
I think it likely that kicked upstairs that way, without Heydrich to act as a grey eminence, it's likely that Himmler would go further into esotericism... but I also think he'd be influenceable.
A weak leader that is kept around because as long as Himmler is around, Berlin can't exercise oversight into the Burgundian SS without undermining their goal of getting Himmler out of the way.
TWR isn't realistic either to be honest, and we shouldn't write KR off as having fallen to boring storylines for the sake of realism, especially with what has been teased with the reworks and the fact that the first "big" rework defining KR's new gameplay and narrative, the L-KMT, came out, and it is truly one of the most compelling gameplay and lore reworks I have experienced, especially with its' more narrative driven approach.

Seriously, the backlash against KR's reworks has a lot to do with obsession about 1-2 memes(usually related to Genghis Khan II) that went back to a time period where people never fully took combined with the long time it took for the development to be realized that it led to people developing nightmare scenarios about how the reworks would look.

So just to rehash, the idea is that during 1956 at the start of the West Russian War, there is some sort of mass revolt in France. Now the revolts are going to have to be pretty successful in order for the situation to be so severe that the SS are called in to assist putting it down. Otherwise, local French forces would be used. So we could actually involve the Reich by having part of the French revolt take place in Germany. Since the Wehrmacht would have their attention in the east, SS divisions involved in pacification programs in annexed Belgium and France are called in to put down the revolt.

Under SS oversight, the revolts in Belgium and annexed France are brutally crushed, with Antwerp, Brussels, Lille, and Calais all effectively given the Warsaw treatment. In France proper however, the revolt is a startling success. With the French military effectively neutered and wallowing in corruption, mismanagement, and incompetence, the revolt is able to overwhelm Vichy forces in the west of the country. Hitler, seeing the Vichy government unable to crush their internal instability orders the SS into France. Brutal atrocities are committed against the people of France and within a month all major centers of resistance are wiped off the map.

Hitler, at this point trying to both reward Himmler for his success but also 'kick him upstairs' grants the SS Reichskommisariat's Belgium and Burgundy to effectively run as their own little fiefdom. Himmler's sicophants in the SS leadership are sent to the newly coined 'Ordenstaat' while others are scattered all across the Reichkommisariats, but a close circle of SS men close to Heydrich is allowed to stay in Germany proper under the express wishes of Hitler. In this way, he is separating Himmler from one of the most competent SS commanders, thereby undermining Burgundy but also driving a wedge between the two that Hitler could potentially take advantage of.

I've got a couple of ideas for how the Burgundy campaign could work. A big goal could be uniting all the disparate factions of the SS under one banner. Another one could be the acquiring of a nuclear bomb. It could be an interesting story if played correctly, involving smuggling, embargo evasion, and the like.

Last edited:
Under SS oversight, the revolts in Belgium and annexed France are brutally crushed, with Antwerp, Brussels, Nice, and Calais all effectively given the Warsaw treatment. In France proper however, the revolt is a startling success. With the French military effectively neutered and wallowing in corruption, mismanagement, and incompetence, the revolt is able to overwhelm Vichy forces in the west of the country. Hitler, seeing the Vichy government unable to crush their internal instability orders the SS into France. Brutal atrocities are committed against the people of France and within a month all major centers of resistance are wiped off the map.
Tiny nitpick.
Nice was annexed by the Italians, and thus would not be handled by the SS if a revolt occurs there.
Metz, Lille or Strasbourg are more likely.

On that note, with how Burgundy is formed as a result of an anti-German uprising being crushed, French State content should have the potential for Pinay and his Reformist path to end up like Dubcek's Prague Spring (at the very least, a hardliner coup like the one in existing skeleton content could present themselves as the lesser of two evils vis-a-vis another German invasion) and Sidos could find his base of support within those who reacted to the brutal crushing of the uprising with a feeling that only subservience to Germany can save France from a worse fate.

Swiss_Teaser_Final.png

Finally. I can't wait to play as Communist Ukraine.
A bit sad that the fail measure is going right back to party dictatorship instead off civil war.
Maybe that path will compensate via forcing you to delay the anti-German preparations with liquidating your former comrades tho.