The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Something I noticed when looking the pages of subideologies is that the "Right wing populism" subideology is pretty cursed. The only two RW poppies who are not murderous dictators are Manuel Odria and Adhemar de Barros, and both are incredibly corrupt. A fun thing is that Odria also said "I steal but I deliver" just like Adhemar.

brooklyn99

Banned
Something I noticed when looking the pages of subideologies is that the "Right wing populism" subideology is pretty cursed. The only two RW poppies who are not murderous dictators are Manuel Odria and Adhemar de Barros, and both are incredibly corrupt. A fun thing is that Odria also said "I steal but I deliver" just like Adhemar.
Kiesinger is RWP and he is alright, well at least for the time before the GO4 takeover and he switches to Populist Conservatism anyways. There is also Prat in Chile who, reading his trope page, seems pretty nice as long as he doesn't dissolve congress and turns to "Civilian Dictatorship" (if that can be avoided).

Kiesinger is RWP and he is alright, well at least for the time before the GO4 takeover and he switches to Populist Conservatism anyways. There is also Prat in Chile who, reading his trope page, seems pretty nice as long as he doesn't dissolve congress and turns to "Civilian Dictatorship" (if that can be avoided).
I hope it can be avoided, yeah, assuming he can remain a democratic president I gonna play as him

Well, true, there are good ministers who are RWP, just not many leaders

brooklyn99

Banned
What do you mean? The US and Germany should have the option of supporting the Colorados or the Herrerists
I meant in the sense like how the USA pulls some things to preserve the WIF while Japan tries some things to break it up, usually via intelligence agencies and whatnot.

Was enjoying the RFK route a second time around when, in June of '69, the Assassination event struck. I attempted to prevent the assassination for the sake of a complete playthrough, but unfortunately I was not aware of the mechanics regarding the assassination counter; it is apparently decided the month of at its start, and in saving at the beginning of that month in an effort to edit the file I had locked the assassination in. With the Thurmond Presidency locked in, having never played it before in full, I wanted to see if there was some way to walk a middle road between his stratagem and maintaining the popularity of the NPP-Center (at this point it was ~55%)... which was rather swiftly determined to be not possible. Strom is rather adamant in pursuing his vision of what the country should be, and even while the Civil Rights Act can be maintained, the combination of his other actions more or less cripple the NPP in the short-term. The popularity of the NPP-Center dropped (~20%) or so while the NPP-Left managed to increase to (~8%). The NPP was massacred in the '70 elections, losing eleven seats in the Senate. By the time the Oil Wars were in full swing my desire to continue the route soured considerably, and I stopped before I had reached far enough down the NPP Foreign Policy tree to trigger the talks with Japan over the Ports; there was a possibility that I could reverse the downturn in political fortunes with the Mexico City Talks and victories in Oil Wars and Iranian Civil War, but I've opted to put it aside for another day.
Instead I want to try and complete a Wallace Presidency, with the caveat of keeping Segregation to a minimum where possible in his tree without destroying the NPP-FR in the process. Principally this means passing the Social Security Act and Medicare without catering to the Southern NPP-FR or Thurmond. Not sure if that is possible given I will be depending on Republican and Democratic votes to get it through, but I'll see how close I can get.

Ok, niche question but whatever:

I'm trying to find a song, but the only place I can be 100% sure I know where it is is with the Heydrich victory superevent from TNO after it launched before he had the possibility to tell Himmler to get fucked and instead would just go along with the plan and nuke the world.

It wasn't the regular WW3 Superevent, just one when either Heydrich won the GCW or finished his tree.

Ok, niche question but whatever:

I'm trying to find a song, but the only place I can be 100% sure I know where it is is with the Heydrich victory superevent from TNO after it launched before he had the possibility to tell Himmler to get fucked and instead would just go along with the plan and nuke the world.

It wasn't the regular WW3 Superevent, just one when either Heydrich won the GCW or finished his tree.
There isn't a superevent specifically for a Heydrich victory, at least not an official one. Do you mean the Thermonuclear War superevent? If so, this may be it. Alternatively, this may have been used in a fan-made superevent.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
So I plan doing some work with Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator. Would someone mind shooting me a screenshot of what Europe looks like as of the most recent patch? Thanks!

There isn't a superevent specifically for a Heydrich victory, at least not an official one. Do you mean the Thermonuclear War superevent? If so, this may be it. Alternatively, this may have been used in a fan-made superevent.
It's not that one, the Super Event picture was just a nuke/hydrogen bomb going off with this very eerie sounding song in the background.

And it's neither of those songs either, the song in question was rather modern actually, but it was like some woman vocalizing a somewhat haunting tune.