I'm new. Could someone, please tel me what "OTL" means? Also, "OTTL".
Our TimeLine = OTL
ITTL = In This TimeLine
OTTL = I've never seen this one I think it was a typo.

PS: don't question the capitalization of the L in timeline, it just works better for the acronym lol

Chapter 323: "The ink of the scholar's pen is holier than the blood of a martyr."
The boy would follow his brother Abdul Jabar to Peshawar.
It was a defiant decision, but one made by a man who had won the respect and support of his peers a long time ago.
The villagers knew their khan was both a devout Muslim and someone who followed his own moral compass.

Behram Khan had no enemies, for he had chosen to bear no grudges. He had been duped a few times in his life, but his trustworthiness had also made him someone the locals trusted with their money for safekeeping after the harvest.

He had also earned the respect of the British colonial administration. Behram Khan did not give them service, but he treated the local British authorities with aloof respect regardless, and was always honest when dealing with them. This has made him a person who the local officers and bureaucrats would consult for advice on delicate matters.

This contact to the Raj was perhaps the main reason why Behram Khan chose to defy the local customs and send his boys to a missionary school.

Madrassas held by mullahs were the only form of basic education in the border provinces. Pashtuns had very little access to government-funded education, and the teachings of the conservative and outright abusive local clerics focused on reciting the Qur'an and the local interpretations of Islamic law. Anyone who opted to send their children to other schools earned the ire of the mullahs.

Behram knew that the local village mullah was barely literate, and had by now taught his younger son all the old preacher had to offer. Verily so; the boy had memorized the entirety of the Qur'an! This rare achievement had pleased his parents, and young Ghaffar Khan was sent to Edwardes Memorial Mission High School in Peshawar. The institution had been established with the aim of improving the welfare of the less fortunate subjects of HM's empire.

Led by Reverend Mr. E.F.F. Wigram and his younger brother, Dr. Wigram, the school was a charitable private institution which the Wigram family in England supported financially by offering scholarships to promising Pathan boys. The mission school trained such young Pathans in English, science and mechanics to prepare them for a career as clerks in the Indian Government Service. The path to this source of employment went through the matriculation examinations of the Punjab university. The only other alternative occupation for native graduates was a military career.

As his education at the high school was due to end in 1907, young Ghaffar had made up his mind: he would become a soldier. His friend has long praised the Guides as a glamorous elite unit. Joining it would surely grant a young Pathan man a way to earn respect among the English.

While admission to the unit was not easy, when Khan applied for a direct commission, much to his delight it was granted. Ghaffar Khan had started his military career.[1]

1: This is the POD.

While admission to the unit was not easy, when Khan applied for a direct commission, much to his delight it was granted. Ghaffar Khan had started his military career.[1]
From what I understand, he seemed to follow a path of non-violent anti-colonial activism, and a long list of things he wanted (first an United India and when it failed, an independent Pashtunistan) he was unable to do, due to various factors.
I wonder what will happen to him in this timeline?

No..... No.... not the frontier Gandhi....
This is merely the beginning of a long journey, so worry not.
Having Bacha Khan join the miltary is like civ Gandhi. Respect. XD
This is what he wanted to do historically.
Only a random incident where he heard a British officer mock a local Indian officer for his European-styled haircut in the street made him repeal his decision after he had already been accepted in. To do so he also had to defy his father, who wanted his younger son to become an officer.
From what I understand, he seemed to follow a path of non-violent anti-colonial activism, and a long list of things he wanted (first an United India and when it failed, an independent Pashtunistan) he was unable to do, due to various factors.
I wonder what will happen to him in this timeline?
Considering his ideas and historical impact, he is a majorly underused character in alternative history.

It appears that we have reached the end of the road. What happens now?
Nope.
It is just (to be extremely blunt) that this timeline tends to have a horrible updating schedule, and that is it.
But the fact that updates are great makes you get used to it.
(I hope it is not harsh)

It appears that we have reached the end of the road. What happens now?
Stay tuned.
Nope.
It is just (to be extremely blunt) that this timeline tends to have a horrible updating schedule, and that is it.
But the fact that updates are great makes you get used to it.
(I hope it is not harsh)
Nah, stating something so obvious is not harsh at all.
As it is, I have a backlog of researched material that I'll compile into updates whenever there is time to do so. Summer months are thus more active than winters, on average.