Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
What I'm worried most about is the 2nd Mexican-American War. My prediction for it is that it's going to be some sort of regime change, probably involving the National Synarchist Union. In OTL, the UNS was well known in Mexico and possessed a doctrine that was similar to that of Salazarist Portugal, Austrofascism, and, you guessed it, Brazilian Integralism. Considering the Integralist scare in the United States, a relatively large country on their border turning to Integralism/an adjacent ideology is a huge concern. It's going to be sad seeing borderline theocratic USA duke it out with openly theocratic Mexico.

It will cover from the late 60s to the 80s.
Robert Stanfield will likely be PM in 1972 after defeating Pierre Trudeau in an election. Pierre Trudeau will likely still take over after Lester B. Pearson. Those are my thoughts for the late 1960s and early 1970s. Then John Turner wins in 1980 for the Liberals. Generally, it is a rough map of how things will likely go for Canada.

Last edited:
What I'm worried most about is the 2nd Mexican-American War. My prediction for it is that it's going to be some sort of regime change, probably involving the National Synarchist Union. In OTL, the UNS was well known in Mexico and possessed a doctrine that was similar to that of Salazarist Portugal, Austrofascism, and, you guessed it, Brazilian Integralism. Considering the Integralist scare in the United States, a relatively large country on their border turning to Integralism/an adjacent ideology is a huge concern. It's going to be sad seeing borderline theocratic USA duke it out with openly theocratic Mexico.
Okay, okay, but, Baja California will become part of California! GREATER CALIFORNIA!

What do you mean that this would be the literal golden opportunity for the Pakt to make some gains in Mexico?
Speaking of which, are there any nazi movements in Mexico TTL?

What's the situation with the Vatican in exile in terms of territory? The city of Salvador is part of a new Papal States but is there more of the surrounding land surrendered to the Papacy in exile?

The New Brazilian capital will host the Papacy?
Yes, the new capital's name is literally "Holy Cross of Brazil" (Santa Cruz do Brasil), but it's more of a prison than the Vatican, it's a much longer distance to go from there to escape if he needed to as it's in the interior and the only non-land route from it is following down the Parana River.

Yes, the new capital's name is literally "Holy Cross of Brazil" (Santa Cruz do Brasil), but it's more of a prison than the Vatican, it's a much longer distance to go from there to escape if he needed to as it's in the interior and the only non-land route from it is following down the Parana River.
Why would Salgado want the Pope next to him? This would make people doubt who is really the highest authority in town and could make the Pope a kingmaker in a coup against Salgado. Plinio is a stupid fool if he thinks this is wise.

The Pope wouldn't want to live in an inland city considering his international aspirations. Salvador suits the Papacy much better.

Last edited:
Why would Salgado want the Pope next to him? This would make people doubt who is really the highest authority in town and could make the Pope a kingmaker in a coup against Salgado. Plinio is a stupid fool if he thinks this is wise.

The Pope wouldn't want to live in an inland city considering his international aspirations. Salvador suits the Papacy much better.
Better question is why wouldn't the Integralists want the one man who can influence their subjects more than themselves within a mile from their military base? Why keep him in a large city full of supporters instead of the newly built administrative center fully controlled by the Central government?

William_Luther_Pierce.jpg

what Americas most cartoonishly evil neo nazi doing in this timeline?

William_Luther_Pierce.jpg

what Americas most cartoonishly evil neo nazi doing in this timeline?

Sounds more like the kind of man who would vote for Smith, I am not sure if he would still become a Nazi when he spent his early adulthood under the influence of Long (positive or negative). One example is that Rockwell is a Republican Congressman who is a member of the Society for the Defense of Liberty, although he still has many similar ideas, he never was influenced by Nazism.

He did?
Being a living cosplay of Joseph Goebbels I figure
Also sleeping with slavic girls when no one is looking
His book is scary, not for his hate but his detailed description of damaging a modern industrial state with terrorism. He knew how to use commercial watch semiconductors to make bombs.

I'm going to guess the Mexican War isn't going to be a conventional war between theocratic catholic Mexico and theocratic evangelical America, but more along the lines of the Cristero War, with the Mexican government fighting against an insurgency. The irony being that President Smith would be backing a semi-secularist Mexico against Catholic Christian rebels.

But I'm open to be proven wrong.

Fantastic work on the latest chapter @Kaiser of Brazil. The wait was worth it, it's interesting seeing major developments in South America.