Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
That would be a short-lived victory as later the italians would reclaim the territory, but this would only happen after the war in Israel was over.
Aren't the Coalition concerned about the Eritrean coast? The Italians can also threaten the Red Sea from the Eritrean Coast and the Somali Coast if the Coalition is taking measures to protect Red Sea shipping then why not secure the coast? The coalition are not afraid to engage the Italians head on then why not go ahead and remove them entirely? If the coast is secure then the Italians will automatically fall and Goebbels is still unwilling and to an extent incapable of exerting power beyond the Middle East. If the regular US personnel are being deployed then I see no reason that India would not intervene in Ethiopia at least securing the coast and arms drops to the rebels. Italy has no ability to antagonise New Delhi and this is also chance to remove another threat in the Indian Ocean region and its not as if the Indian Military is not participating in active military operations. It is almost a surety that the Germans will be coming back with a vengeance and German bases on the African coast is a grave danger, more than the Syrians at Basra. It is finally the chance to roll back the Nazis and there is full backing of the USA. Not only can a victory be obtained in the Holy Land but also elsewhere. At the very least in the Shia Iraq was controlled by the Syrians and Ethiopia, effectively securing the Indian Ocean Region. This also becomes imperative as the security of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are just as important if not more as the Germans are not well disposed towards them for not supporting the closure of the Red Sea. And the events of February 7 will show the world how important what I say is to them.
neutrality became the only answer as the formerly firebrand leader of Arab liberation fell into a moribond inaction which doomed what was left of his prestige.
So there are two paths forward for Egypt? One is that the UAR align itself with the Coalition and get back Jordan and the prestige is restored. The Muslim Brotherhood must have seen by now what the Germans are gonna do to them and who is really going to support them. If the UAR is neutral why is the Yemen Arab Republic out to antagonise everyone? Are there any stories of the Bedouin soldiers of the IPF?

So there are two paths forward for Egypt? One is that the UAR align itself with the Coalition and get back Jordan and the prestige is restored. The Muslim Brotherhood must have seen by now what the Germans are gonna do to them and who is really going to support them. If the UAR is neutral why is the Yemen Arab Republic out to antagonise everyone? Are there any stories of the Bedouin soldiers of the IPF?
Nasser cannot publicly ally with Israel if he wants to keep his life, Begin was the leader of the Irgun and not particularly friendly to the Palestineans, anti-semitism would be much more prevalent in the Arab world with one of the world's powers legitimizing it and propagandizing it across the region. Even with the Coalition having a strong naval power in the Red Sea, so does the Pakt in the Mediterranean with widespread naval bases. Even if several rural areas of Ethiopia are pretty much lost, the Italians still have a strong hold over the Nile to threaten the Egyptians with if they wish. That's not including how Alexandria is within striking distance of the Kriegsmarine. Egypt just wouldn't survive a full retaliation from the Pakt (which also still controls Libya) even with the US and Britain in the region, Germany has been fighting with a hand behind their backs this whole war and Goebbels can always just flip the board and nuke London if he wished. People remember how Rudolf Hess threatened nuclear annihilation when he was facing the prospect of failure (and it obviously wasn't just a bluff otherwise he wouldn't have died right before the Ultimatum expired) and even with the Coalition fully backing Israel, nobody wants MAD over that.

As for Yemen, the conflict in the region formented by Nasser was a proxy war which reached a climax with this current conflict. Nasser only decided publicly to stay neutral after his proxies failed to lock down the Suez.

As for Eritrea, the only way to dislodge the Italians from there and Somalia is with boots on the ground, something which the Coalition has really attempted to avoid, they mostly had the Ethopians do the ground work with a little "help" from Marines who came in and went away. This world is dealing with nuclear stress enough and by launching a full invasion of East Africa then Goebbels will just consider that the West isn't in just to "save Israel" but to invade the Pakt itself. The UAR isn't a Pakt member, in fact the UAR did not even engage directly with the Coalition, Italy is still "technically" the second most powerful nation in the Pakt and an attack directly against them is an attack on Europe.

There is just this fine line between a hit-and-run attack in a port city and completely occupying a region which has a plurality of Italians living in there. The Italian government worked a lot over the last 3 decades to "Italianize" lands such as Libya and Eritrea with settlers, endangering actual Italian citizens is a red line.

I’m still surprised that Saudi Arabia did not job the nazis in the first place and still went with America. I do hope there a Saudi Arabia update down the pipeline.

Also something tells me that once Mountbatten had died, the wheels on the British empire are going to come off.

I’m still surprised that Saudi Arabia did not job the nazis in the first place and still went with America. I do hope there a Saudi Arabia update down the pipeline.

Also something tells me that once Mountbatten had died, the wheels on the British empire are going to come off.
The Saudis despise Saadeh and Nasser, thats why. Saadeh is an expansionist Christian who is ruling over a secular State that has the audacity of claiming Jerusalem and even has claims over Arab territory. As for Nasser, well, do I have to say why Saudi Princes would not be comfortable with a mass movement based around a Republic uniting the Arab peoples? They fought against the Pan-Arabists in Yemen for several years in our world and their disagreements with Nasser are not shorter.

And they are more in the British bandwagon than the American one as Britain still has a strong grip over the Trucial States and the Arabian Peninsula, plus they are the best people they can sell oil to who they can count on not using that oil to fuel bombers against them on a whim.

The Saudis despise Saadeh and Nasser, thats why. Saadeh is an expansionist Christian who is ruling over a secular State that has the audacity of claiming Jerusalem and even has claims over Arab territory. As for Nasser, well, do I have to say why Saudi Princes would not be comfortable with a mass movement based around a Republic uniting the Arab peoples? They fought against the Pan-Arabists in Yemen for several years in our world and their disagreements with Nasser are not shorter.

And they are more in the British bandwagon than the American one as Britain still has a strong grip over the Trucial States and the Arabian Peninsula, plus they are the best people they can sell oil to who they can count on not using that oil to fuel bombers against them on a whim.
True, but those are the princes, I wonder how the people feel.

As far as I know, this had to do with Soviet hospitals being so disgusting that women preferred not to have children than take risks with the hospital. This is the fact that communism for some bizarre reason doesn't like the idea of family.
It had much more to do with the lack of contraceptives available to women and couples.

traitors within the reich (like the last few times nuclear apocalypse was avoided)
Especially as ideological fanaticism is no substitute for the reality that most people do not want to die, with ideological fanaticism going up against the oldest of human instincts and all that.

The funny thing is that if Smith wasnt so open about his antisemitism he might have earned a righteous among the nations badge for his enthusiasm

Speaking of which, Schweizer might as well be the most obscure leader that this TL has as he doesn’t even have a French Wikipedia page, let alone an English one. Bravo to you, @Kaiser of Brazil for finding such an obscure figure to lead France here.

I don't know what are your intentions, but if you were to end the timeline in next few chapters it would be fitting.

Armies of good and of the antichrist, gathering for one final battle at Megiddo.

Actually, how much is Smith a new type evangelical? He should know his Bible. Is he actively playing out the end times to cause the Second Coming?

It takes two for global thermonuclear war, and Goebbels may have gravely miscalculated.

Edit.
If Goebbels simply flattens Israel and all Collation forces on 7th rest of the world can either accept defeat or further massively escalate. This may actually be safer option. As in, allies will blink first.

If Reich simply accepts widespread usage (even more so than currently) of tactical nukes Coalition has to respond in kind and we are fully in the escalation loop.

Last edited:
Speaking of Goebbels, I am more curious as to what exactly triggers his decision on that fateful day exactly and not the day before or after.

Speaking of Goebbels, I am more curious as to what exactly triggers his decision on that fateful day exactly and not the day before or after.
The news of Peiper's death would arrive in Germania just after one about the failure in an amphibious invasion, it's also days after the destruction of the Frederick der Grosse, which is the pride of the Kriegsmarine.

So it's just a lot happening all at once making it obvious that Operation Hadrian failed.

Honestly, Britain seems to be more set to maintain its Third Empire than IRL. If only because it's them or the Nazi's for the Arab world