This is both for my help and also a little teaser:

For the next update:

- The Andrew Mellon tax cuts
- The Bonus Bill
- Great Railroad Strike of 1922
- Tariff policy
- immigration policy
- Teapot Dome Scandal

On some he will agree with Harding and his administration, on some he will not.

Next few updates:

1) Hitler vs Harding

2) The Senate & Farewell

3) Presidential Election of 1924

4) Hitler vs Coolidge (on two main issues)

5) Of Teapots and Domes

Oh and btw these are just the American focused ones. There is a British and German focused update in the middle of this ;).

Last edited:
hitler-exits-landsberg.jpg

Democratic Candidate Adolf Hitler on the campaign trail (1920).

Edward IX

Banned
One thing you have done to radically changed Hitler is to give Hitler a superior education. This of course changes him in all sorts of ways.

Future Snippet
A future snippet:

Adolf-Hitler-Net-Worth.jpg

(President Hitler at a rally, 19XX)

"The naysayers said that we could not accomplish anything! They said we were fools! That we broke tradition! I say to them, no! It is they who oppose tradition, they who oppose America's roots, they who oppose the American people's interests!

They say I reject the Constitution. But I have not even touched it, let alone defiled it as they insinuate! The Constitution is a treasured document; one that touches the hearts of all proud Americans! Normally, I am a tolerant person. But these allegations go too far. They cross the limits of American decency and civility."

Last edited:
Hitler In Congress Althist.jpg

Would this work Rhino? To be honest, I'm crap at photoshopping and this is the best that I can do, after two failed attempts of course :p

Hitler vs Harding
"Dr. Hitler and Senator Harding entered their respective roles as Congressman and President during March 4, 1921. Their respective destinies collided more than once throughout Harding's Presidency, ending only in the Ohioan's unfortunate demise in August 23, 1923." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Great Railroad Strike of 1922:

The Great Railroad Strike of 1922 was caused by business and governmental indifference to the railroad workers. In 1917, President Wilson via executive order nationalized the railroads, cultivating an attitude of business-labor harmony. Harmony was disrupted with the Transportation Act of 1920, which returned railroad control to private hands. Now, worker's wages and working conditions were determined by a nine-member panel known as the Railroad Labor Board, which decided to cut the worker's wages. Boilermakers, electricians & other blue-collar railroad workers saw their wages cut by an average of 12%,). Thus, a General strike was organized.

The corporate and governmental response was unrelenting, with the railroad companies enacting measures such as hiring strikebreakers and removing seniority protections (privileges for veteran employees). RL Board head and former Republican Governor of Tennessee Ben Walter Hooper asserted an "outlaw resolution" that declared that the workers had "violated their arbitration rights under the Transportation Act of 1920". Attorney General Henry Micajah Daugherty declared the strike as dangerous and compared it to "the works of Lenin", using even violence to quell the strike. The national Guard was called by various state governors, and when Harding suggested a compromise that highly favored the railroad companies, the companies rejected the compromise.

The violent response to the strike enabled large amounts of sympathy for the strikers, with even local businesses supporting the strikers wherever they were. The whole situation was an enormous embarrassment for the Harding administration.

"Congressman Hitler was a fervent critic of the government reaction to the strike. His tireless tirades on the matter earned him endless praise from railroad workers across the nation; further building his national portfolio." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

"Has not government and business gone too far in this instance! Is the violent reactions demonstrated by the company men not a sign of visionless and heartless thinking! The hardworking railroad workers do not ask much; they merely desire a wage that can put food on the table. I say I agree to that demand, that cry for justice!" - Congressman Adolph Hitler, speaking about the railroad strike in Congress, 1922.

Hanger-Barton-Hooper-1921.jpg

(Three members of the Railroad Labor Board, with Hooper on the right. Hitler used figures like Hooper and the board as examples for those who "trampled on the common man".)

The Bonus Act:

The World War Adjustment Act, known as the "Bonus Act", was a bill which was for compensating WW1 veterans. The measure was popular, and was seen as a smooth sailing. However, problems arose politically when President Harding vetoed the bill on financial grounds. Harsh condemnation came from all corners, especially from San Antonio Congressman Adolph Hitler.

"Did our men in uniform follow financial discretion when they died on the soils of Ypres-Lys and St. Mihiel? Did they consider monetary cost when they sacrificed their lives for the nation! If one is not willing to even pinch his pocketbook for the man who risked everything to save for the nation, which includes the purse bearer, then there is no place suitable for said man."

"Hitler's emotional speech on the floor of the House was instrumental in the house's overriding of President Harding's veto, however the Senate failed to override the veto. Even still, Congressman Hitler earned the praise of veterans coast to coast, further building his national portfolio." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Furthermore, there was tremendous corruption in Hardin's veteran's bureau, led by Charles Robert Forbes. Forbes sold medical supplies for veterans to hospitals at ridiculously low prices, and rumors arose that he was receiving kickbacks in exchange for the low prices. Forbes also embezzled approximately 2 million from the veteran's bureau, in which during his trial Senator Hitler labelled him as "Sulfur's engager."

"As Senator, Hitler was instrumental in the forcing of the resignation of Charles Forbes from the Veterans Bureau. His famed anti-corruption stance throughout the Harding Presidency earned him national fame and praise, arguably no better demonstrated than in the Teapot Dome Scandal." - Eric Foner.

Drake_Hotel_Chicago_postcard_1920.jpg

(The Drake Hotel in Chicago, where Forbes accepted bribes. During certain speeches Hitler waived a postcard of the Hotel, shouting "Remember the Drake!, a reference to both Republican corruption and the Alamo.)

Of Teapot & Dome:

The Teapot Dome Scandal was arguably the greatest blow for the Harding Presidency. It fully epitomized the crux of the issues; that President Harding's commitment to non-interference as Commander and Chief enabled profound corruption at the highest levels of Washington.

Beginning in the early 20th century, the U.S. navy transitioned their primary fuel source from coal to oil. Thus, under President Taft, several areas were designated as special-oil producing areas, and were monitored for reserve use for the navy.

In 1921, due to Secretary of the Interior Albert Bacon Fall's convincing, President Harding issued an executive order which transferred control of the Teapot Dome oil field in Natrona County, Wyoming, as well as Elk Hills and Buena Vista oil fields in Kern County. President Harding trusted Secretary Fall, saying that "If Albert Fall isn't an honest man, I'm not fit to be President of the United States".

Secretary Fall took advantage of his position and privileges, leasing the oil to oil companies such as Sinclair Oil Company. He received "gifts" totaling $404,000, or about 5.54 million by modern standards. The scandal broke out in 1923, causing Secretary Fall's resignation.

"Congressman Hitler spoke out about the issue heavily, stating that "the corruption witnessed under this administration has not been seen since the corrupt bargain almost a century ago". Teapot Dome further discredited the Harding administration, and further increased Hitler's political prowess." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

Teapot_Rock_postcard_crop.jpg

(A postcard of Teapot Dome in Wyoming. During rallies Hitler sometimes drank from a teacup, in reference to the scandal.)

Mellon Tax Cuts:

Arguably the most noteworthy administrator in the Executive Branch during the 1920's to never become President was Secretary of the Treasury Andrew Mellon. Born to a prominent family from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Secretary Mellon already ran a vast business empire before joining public service. His first major initiative were enormous tax cuts, which were justified under the pretense that the wealthy were much more efficient and productive with their wealth than others.

The tax cuts received major opposite from both Democrats and farm-state Republicans. Congressman Hitler was famous for his speech on the House floor, lamenting "the legal theft performed today".

"America's farmers and workers are the most hardworking people in the world. Thy toil in our fields, smelt in our factories, mine in our mines. Government policy should support these men who sweat 12 hours a day, especially for unlike the workers of Europe they are not demanding, greedy, selfish. They do not demand anything more than what is fair and just, and as someone who is pro healthy business-labor relations I severely reject the notion that this policy makes any sense." - Adolph Hitler on the floor of Congress, 1921.

"Hitler's opposition to Mellon's economic policies earned him high favorability from farmers and worker's across the 48 states. He was increasingly being seen as the "common man's champion", and former Presidential candidate and secretary of State William Jennings Bryan half-jokingly commented that he had found "his successor in the mustached Texan"." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

AWMellon.jpg

(Secretary Andrew Mellon; one of Hitler's greatest opponents. Mellon often referred to Adolph as "a pig both inside and out".)

"Hitler's reputation as an anti-corruption crusader and champion of the common man began during the Harding years." - The Great Men of American History, by Eric Foner, American Historian and author.

"Throughout the Harding Presidency were scandals of corruption and sentiments of elitism. Hitler as both Representative and Senator was Harding's chief foe, who the Ohioan labelled him as "the German who got away". Harding and Hitler were practically foils of each other; the former a quiet, reserved Northerner who under his nose intense corruption was perpetrated, the latter charismatic, towering Southerner who did not even let the smallest whiff go unnoticed. It is no surprise that they found conflict and enmity in each other." - Adolph Hitler: An Impactful Legacy, by David McCullough, American Historian and author.

In San Francisco in the Palace Hotel in March 23rd, 1923, President Warren Gamaliel Harding died of a heart attack.

096ebe8b6794f60b883c01ed3e902bb0--presidential-history-palace-hotel.jpg

(The Palace Hotel, San Francisco. As the place where President Harding died, Adolph joked that "here lies the serial philander".)

"In San Francisco my rival lay in permanent rest. Now I must confront my new rival, the Yank from Vermont, Silent Cal Coolidge!." - Adolph Hitler.

Last edited:
View attachment 389182
Would this work Rhino? To be honest, I'm crap at photoshopping and this is the best that I can do, after two failed attempts of course :p

I mean more speaking in one of those seats. He doesn't have the center stage yet.

I do appreciate you making it though :).

For the "Hitler vs Harding update", it is large, so I will be submitting it in chunks. It's still going to be the one update, but just for the sake of no issues, I will continue editing it till finished. As of now I have three more sections to add to the update.

Last edited:
I mean more speaking in one of those seats. He doesn't have the center stage yet.

I do appreciate you making it though :).

For the "Hitler vs Harding update", it is large, so I will be submitting it in chunks. It's still going to be the one update, but just for the sake of no issues, I will continue editing it till finished. As of now I have three more sections to add to the update.

Still can use it later down the line, after Hitler becomes President.

Status
Not open for further replies.