The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It All Starts in San Antonio
Having official switched parties in the Summer of 1919, Hitler quickly rose through the ranks of the San Antonio Democratic party. His organizational skills, charisma and German roots appealed to grass root workers and party bosses alike, along with his fame through his editorials. "I love your work, Dr. Hitler" was a frequent compliment flown Hitler's way, further increasing his stature in the party framework.

Not all was well with the San Antonio Democratic party. Hitler's ill mentor had caused the Democratic party much political pain, even piercing through the underbellies of the Solid South. San Antonio was dominated by a Democratic machine, yet the nearby localities were filled with Republican-leaning Germans, who all had fresh memories of their persecution and of who was responsible for their misery. The Democrat's prospects were miserable; a feeling tangible amongst all ranks.

The congressional county in San Antonio was located was the one Republicans looked to make headway in. The German communities who had been there since '48 gave the Republicans great hope, and the San Antonio Democrats lacked tall German leaders who could counter the political headway.

Except that they did: in Adolph Hitler. Hitler, a new Democrat, was generally seen as an outsiders even by allies, and his refusal to accept bribes on the basis of principal did not improve relations with the party bosses. However, in times of peril, being the party face was not necessarily a reward. Adolph knew he had a chance to get the party nomination for Congress, as to many he would be the sacrifice. However, being a seat in Texas, it was still competitive, and convincing the party leadership to nominate him was of great difficulty. Hitler knew that the best way to get their backing was through his newfound skill: speeches.

Reaching the podium on a hot summer day, Adolph gulped as stealthily as possible. "It's now or never."

Most of the party workers did not plan to be recipients of a speech, and thus there was no eager audience in the background waiting to be rallied. Hitler would have to muster a crowd.

"My friends, gentlemen of the party"

A hundred heads jerked varying degrees, with astounded expressions plastered on their usually dreary faces.

"I come to you as a friend; a fellow Jacksonian and proud American who prays for the country's glorious tomorrow."

Many astounded faces turned into intrigue, some into mild annoyance.

"At times of distraught, honesty is necessary to correct problems. I will be frank with all of you."

More faces transitioned into worry, fearing for upcoming chaos.

"This party needs a German face. We cannot afford a defeat in November, otherwise we will be the laughingstock of the Lone Star Democratic party."

Certain faces transitioned into scowls. One angry party worker rebuked;

"So we should make a German like you the candidate, huh, Doctor!"

"Well, now that you have raised the idea, I think it is quite a smart strategy. I am humbled by your faith."

The crowd turned into laughter. Hitler had won them over, and potential disdain turned into utter jubilation.

"Will we win?"

The crowd chanted, "We shall! We shall!"

The party bosses were astonished. "I never dreamed that this election cycle there would be confidence, never mind jubilation."

Adolph spoke for another forty five-minutes, following a standing ovation of two full minutes. Cheers and whistles were mixed in, along with the occasional shout-out. When it ended, the bosses smiled at each other, knowing who their candidate for Congress was. But there would be one caveat.

920x920.jpg

(From Texas' freedom cries to Hitler's political journey, it all started in San Antonio.)

Last edited:
Well, Hitler has found his Munich. However I can see him quickly becoming frustrated with Congress and it's rather... slow process. I continue to hold out that he will reach prominence as a State Governor or Lieutenant Governor.

I'm not even saying it can't be a Roosevelt, but Franklin and Eleanor will be an important couple ITTL.
Vice President Roosevelt? Or Hitler as a Vice President for Roosevelt? I can see them getting alomg with economic policy, but I feel like there would definitely be a rift causing them to become political rivals as their careers go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.