so... are you going to do your version of the MCU? the BKEU(Basileus Komnenos Extended Universe)? XD
Napoleon II and the Hellenic Army: Onwards soldiers today we retake Constantinople!

Alexios: Da fuck is a Hellene? What are you some sort of Pagan?

Though I was eventually planning on doing a Western Roman timeline, so I might have an omake where the Romans of the 13th Century meet the Romans of the 5th Century.

@Basileus_Komnenos also i'm starting to realize i'm becoming slowly the comic relief of your TL's
I'm not complaining lol.

I mean how could you avoid it with that username?
Lol

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
XD yeah man that was a synonymous for pagan but i think (not sure ) there was some hellenic identy showing in the very late byzantine empire.
well, no. the Hellenic identity formed some centuries after the ottomans occupied the whole of Greece. It happened when people started realizing that the Byzantine empire was really no more and won't do another comeback. the last piece of byzantine identity went off when the Greek delegation failed to find a Palaiologos descendant after the Greek independence

well, no. the Hellenic identity formed some centuries after the ottomans occupied the whole of Greece. It happened when people started realizing that the Byzantine empire was really no more and won't do another comeback. the last piece of byzantine identity went off when the Greek delegation failed to find a Palaiologos descendant after the Greek independence
I mean I guess, but some bits of was present with how Constantine I was presented as Constantine I and XII.

@Basileus_Komnenos
When is the next update coming and what is it going to be about?
Sometime soon I guess. I'll probably publish it after publishing the next chapter of Imperator Francorum.

I really want some information about Alexios's reforms in trebizond and his wars of restoration.
Renovatio Imperii Romanum under Basileus Alexios VI Komnenos will be a fun topic to see.
Yup. I'm really excited to write about this!

Hopefully, Basileus Alexios VI has a long and productive reign and that he rebuilds the Empire of Rhomania to its former glory.
Yeah. Though his reign will be more setting up the foundations for the Second Komnenian Restoration with his descendants actually expanding upon his legacy.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
I mean I guess, but some bits of was present with how Constantine I was presented as Constantine I and XII.
Indeed. But the ineptitude of both the greek governments and kings failed to make it survive.
Seriously, if we exclude Venizelos and Metaxas( maybe) there aren't any good greek leaders since the creations of the country. even military speaking, the only reason greece has conquered any territory from it's creations id by either dogpiling( second balkan war) or enemy incompetence( Italy).

Indeed. But the ineptitude of both the greek governments and kings failed to make it survive.
Seriously, if we exclude Venizelos and Metaxas( maybe) there aren't any good greek leaders since the creations of the country. even military speaking, the only reason greece has conquered any territory from it's creations id by either dogpiling( second balkan war) or enemy incompetence( Italy).
True. When I began reading about modern greek history I was kind of disappointed with how chaotic and inept their government was in the middle of WW1.

That said when is the first civil war/coup gonna take place?
A Roman timeline without civil wars will be boring.
Among the Komenoi? Probably in a few generations maybe. Alexios and his successors would be busy trying to secure the Empire. After Alexios I took power over the Empire in the 11th Century, he worked with a coalition of nobles who stopped all their squabbling realizing how further fighting would doom the Empire.

A Roman timeline without civil wars will be boring.
Agreed. Civil War for the Romans is basically an Imperial tradition at this point lol.

Habsburgs are legitimate Palaiologos in female line, another is Palaiologo Oriundi.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Habsburgs are legitimate Palaiologos in female line, another is Palaiologo Oriundi.
sadly the new government needed a male descendant.
Also by the schemes of the great powers and Habsburg related ruler of Greece would basically represent an ambition to conquer the whole balkans for A-H, something neither Russia nor OE desire

Also by the schemes of the great powers and Habsburg related ruler of Greece would basically represent an ambition to conquer the whole balkans for A-H, something neither Russia nor OE desire
Would be? I would think that even if unlikely, that could be possible given that the possible selected candidate would have to convert to the Orthodox Church thus de facto, (IMO) he 'd be quitting/severing to any Dynastic/political relations with the main branch.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Would be? I would think that even if unlikely, that could be possible given that the possible selected candidate would have to convert to the Orthodox Church thus de facto, (IMO) he 'd be quitting/severing to any Dynastic/political relations with the main branch.
you just gave the main reason of why no habsburg candidate would be selected: they are all super catholics.
An example is the scandal and almost excomunication that happened when Ferdinand converted Boris 3 to orthodox because he was the heir of the Bulgarian Throne but his mother, related to the Habsburgs was heavily ooposed and supported by Austria.

you just gave the main reason of why no habsburg candidate would be selected: they are all super catholics.
An example is the scandal and almost excomunication that happened when Ferdinand converted Boris 3 to orthodox because he was the heir of the Bulgarian Throne but his mother, related to the Habsburgs was heavily ooposed and supported by Austria.
How about the Palaiologo-Oriundi?

How about the Palaiologo-Oriundi?
Um guys as much as I'm enjoying the discussion here, I think you're on the wrong thread. This tl's about the High Middle Ages. The Palaiologoi aren't even royalty here lol.

And there was meme thinking there's been an update
That's coming soon. I'm currently editing the next chapter for Imperator Francorum. After that's done, I'll probably release the next chapter for this tl.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Um guys as much as I'm enjoying the discussion here, I think you're on the wrong thread. This tl's about the High Middle Ages. The Palaiologoi aren't even royalty here lol.

That's coming soon. I'm currently editing the next chapter for Imperator Francorum. After that's done, I'll probably release the next chapter for this tl.
i actually don't even remember why we started arguing about the palaiologoi XD
as excuse here're an ASB
1622529625105.png

You can get male heirs fron a Female line..