pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
You can get male heirs fron a Female line..
ju to end the discussion as @Basileus_Komnenos asked:
Yes indeed you can but the main problem is the Salic law that the new Greek kingdom had when created.
Also again, UK and Russia and OE would never accept and habsburg related in greece.

BTW, @Basileus_Komnenos the founder of the Palaiologi was born 1081 so they are already a noble family at least XD

Also i randomly discovered that Simeon II of Bulgaria is descendand of the Palaiologi via the Asen Dynasty XD

Last edited:
ju to end the discussion as @Basileus_Komnenos asked:
Yes indeed you can but the main problem is the Salic law that the new Greek kingdom had when created.
Also again, UK and Russia and OE would never accept and habsburg related in greece.

BTW, @Basileus_Komnenos the founder of the Palaiologi was born 1081 so they are already a noble family at least XD

Also i randomly discovered that Simeon II of Bulgaria is descendand of the Palaiologi via the Asen Dynasty XD
It is silly of the Greeks to go with Salic law given that the Empire did not have this provision and Austria had to fight a war to get around it

Map of Central Europe/Status Update
F7GkqQA.png

A quick map update for my TL- The House of Komnenos: Like a Phoenix From the Ashes. This is a map of Central Europe depicting events occurring concurrently with the Second Komnenian Restoration during the Anarchy of the 13th Century. With the death of Emperor Heinrich VI, The Empire has entered the reigns of his younger brother Philip I of Swabia. Philip however had to contend with the historic rivals of his family: the House of Welf. Duke Otto of Saxony has contested his title and had even had himself crowned by the Archbishop of Cologne in Aachen. However due to Philip's swift political maneuvering, he was largely able to secure German support among the German Princes.

While not the Holy Roman Emperor officially, Philip is in de-facto control of the Empire in the name of his nephew the young King of Sicily: Frederick "the Stupor Mundi." While things look good for Philip, he has various crises to deal with as his rival while largely contained in the Duchy of Saxony (Braunschweig/Brunswick), he is not yet beaten, to the North the Danish King Valedmar II has taken the opportunity to conquer the Northern Coast of Germany allowing to become master of the Baltic, and in the South the Pope has managed to gain control of central Italy while also tacitly supporting a revolt among the so called Tuscan League.

After a bit of a long and unplanned hiatus, I plan on resuming my tl. I have another map of the East which I'll also publish soon once I finish it.
Sorry about the long break guys. Life really threw me a curve ball lol (I broke my jaw after a nasty fall), and I was finally able to rewrite an outline for this tl, after I lost my original one when my drive failed. I think what I have planned now is vastly superior to my original draft so if you're fans of the Hohenstaufens, Capetians, or heck even Latins you're in for a very interesting read.

If you're familiar with my other tl: Imperator Francorum - A Napoleon II Timeline, I plan on changing the format of this tl a bit based on how I've been writing my other tl.

So a lasting Hohenstaufen Holy Roman Empire.
Consider me interested.
Also Latinso_Oo_Oo_O
I am now in doubt if you are truly a byzantophile.
Latin Delenda Est.

Last edited:
It is back! The Empire will prevail!
Of course who else but the Komnenoi can pull off such a feat?

Good to see this back, looking forward to more!
Glad to be back with this.

So a lasting Hohenstaufen Holy Roman Empire.
Consider me interested.
Well it certainly will be better off without Federick II, but that doesn’t mean it won’t have various crises to face in the future. Some cracks have formed as the old Duchy of Saxony has largely been fragmented with much of its former vassals granted Imperial immediacy.

Though Philip by all accounts was a very skilled ruler. Though he’s also the cousin of Boniface of Montferrat (King of Thessalonians).
Glad you are back!
Thanks.

Also Latinso_Oo_Oo_O
I am now in doubt if you are truly a byzantophile.
Keep in mind I said Latin fans would be in for an “interesting read.” I didn’t say whether or not the Latin Empire would survive.

More seriously I hope everything is ok for you now.
Yeah I’m fine right now. Other than not being able to eat solid foods, I’m able to go about my normal routine.

When can we expect our next dose of "Komnenian restoration"?
Likely next week or so.

Those Latins are not going to throw themselves out of the Queen of cities.
Tsar Kaloyan has entered the chat.
Latins: Starts singing Kyrie Eleison

As for Trebizond, I plan on the state being vastly different from otl being somewhat influenced by Italian city states like Genoa and to a lesser degree Venice.

As for Trebizond, I plan on the state being vastly different from otl being somewhat influenced by Italian city states like Genoa and to a lesser degree Venice.
This could be interesting. With the Venetian Empire being three-eighths of Rome, it would be interesting to watch how far a student of this model could go.

This could be interesting. With the Venetian Empire
I wouldn't necessarily classify Venice as having an Empire especially now. Their hold over Rhomanian land is likely tenuous. In otl long after the Empire ended, Venetian attempts to revive Achaea ended largely in failure as they faced a largely apathetic or resentful population.

it would be interesting to watch how far a student of this model could go.
In terms of a model, its not likely that the Romans would adopt Venetian political models. Those are pretty unsuited for Byzantine politics.

But in terms of economics, a more commercial oriented Empire would probably be able to better take advantage of the Black Sea trade. I was sort of inspired to do this after learning more about the Bosphoran Kingdom and Mithridates VI The Poison King's Pontic Empire.

What is the specific POD of TTL?
I don't really have a specific one. It's more or less a series of events that go more favorably for the Komnenoi. One of the main ones is that they have better momentum during their initial advance allowing them to conquer more of Northern Anatolia. Something that could be called the main POD I guess would be Alexios avoided being captured during a hunting trip. The incident basically forced the Komnenoi to hand over Sinope after the Sultan started torturing Alexios in front of the city gates. The whole thing was a fluke tbh.

Alexios avoiding this means that the Seljuks are cut off from one of the most valuable port cities in the region and the Black Sea Trade. As a knock-on effect, Rhomania would also be able to have better control over Crimea's coast without raids from the Seljuks.

i don't know why, but when we talk about Tsar Kaloyan and his "passion" for Latins, i can only imagine him like Homer Simpson when he says "donuts"
Kyrie Eleison means "Lord have mercy" (It's something we chant during mass at my local Church). Kaloyan was pretty monstrous for his times. Only in this tl his ferocity is more measured and calculated which for the Latins makes him their worst enemy.