Nice bro! Although, it would be unfortunate for the empire if Alexios dies prematurely like Aurelian. Of course, the Diocletian figure would hopefully come soon enough.
Nah I have my own plans for Alexios. In otl he was horrifically tortured by the Seljuks for days after being captured on a hunting trip. The Sultan of Rum, wanted to take Sinope which was one of the most important ports in Anatolia at the time. Its naval infrastructure and position gave the power that held it great control and access over the Black Sea trade. The inhabitants of the city of the city defiantly resisted until the Sultan put Alexios II on full display torturing in front of the city denizens. The city yielded after that and was spared though as promised by the Sultan. Though this torture likely contributed to his premature death in otl. Here Alexios is vastly different from his otl self.

Quick Status Update
Sorry for not posting an update after so many months. This tl isn't dead, but as the drive I was saving a lot of my notes and drafts for upcoming chapters failed, so I had to essentially start from scratch. A new update is coming soon however.

This update will jump straight to the action as the long awaited Latin-Bulgarian Wars start as the first of many wars in the Anarchy of the 13th Century.

Regards,
@Basileus_Komnenos

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Sorry for not posting an update after so many months. This tl isn't dead, but as the drive I was saving a lot of my notes and drafts for upcoming chapters failed, so I had to essentially start from scratch. A new update is coming soon however.

This update will jump straight to the action as the long awaited Latin-Bulgarian Wars start as the first of many wars in the Anarchy of the 13th Century.

Regards,
@Basileus_Komnenos
are we going to have the crossover episode were napoleon II from the other TL randomly shows up?

Monitor

Donor
Sorry for not posting an update after so many months. This tl isn't dead, but as the drive I was saving a lot of my notes and drafts for upcoming chapters failed, so I had to essentially start from scratch. A new update is coming soon however
Well, backups are your friend. Which reminds me, I need to check that my last backup got through... :)

Monitor

Donor
On my end, I prefer using Google Docs.
Well, has its advantages and disadvantages. My writing is saved in two different clouds, and one of them is backed up regularly (well, if that stupid thing would work. Which it currently does not. I really need to sit down and deal with that at some point...)

Like a Phoenix, reborn from the flames.
Literally the title lmao!

The Komnenoi: finally retake Constantinople.
All of Western Europe: The Komnenoi? We though you all died after the Normans sack Thessalonica in 1185.
The Komnenoi: The rumors of our death have greatly been exaggerrated.

Glad to have this back again, and I hope you're doing well.
Thanks man! I am doing well.

Hope the update comes soon! For the Empire!
I was gonna say Vive L'Empire but then I realized that this was the wrong thread lmao.

I also propose a crossover with Napoleon II travelling through time and taking Constantinople with the Grande Armée . 😎
Maybe an omake. Though I have future plans for France which you might like.

Well, has its advantages and disadvantages. My writing is saved in two different clouds, and one of them is backed up regularly (well, if that stupid thing would work. Which it currently does not. I really need to sit down and deal with that at some point...)
Yeah that reminds me of how I need to clear up space in my google drive. I have a bad habit of never really deleting stuff. I still have a whole bunch of projects from middle school and high school probably taking up a huge chunk.

Yeah that reminds me of how I need to clear up space in my google drive. I have a bad habit of never really deleting stuff. I still have a whole bunch of projects from middle school and high school probably taking up a huge chunk.
Try to put your middle school and high school projects aside, it would be a shame to lose it permanently.
Well I admit for me it burns my eyes when I see what I was writing or drawing as a map but it allows you to see the progress.
There are things that I have erased that I regret a little now.

It’s got like three proper chapters only, and all three were just introduced what had already happened in otl.
True. I really need to hurry up with typing out the next chapter. I've managed to make a new outline again, but its gonna take some time to actually formulate a chapter out of that.