The Heirs of Henry VIII and Katherine

Has Henry 8 had any bastards at this point?

Can Katherine do much to bring Henry back to ‘the faith’ as she sees it?

Who are the likely candidates marriages for Henry and Katherines existing children now?

I apologize for not answering sooner, @Ogrebear:

Nope.

Henry has not left 'the faith' - that was Anne Boleyn, only Mary (who isn't here yet) as a legitimate heir.......he's not going to have the marriage to Katherine annulled here.

The boys are 4 and just over a year old at this point. Hal (the oldest) was engaged to Renee, daughter of Louis XII, but that got scotched in 1513. Right now, neither of the lads are engaged/betrothed, although Henry is looking.

1515 continues...
March found Louis XII reasonably healthy again. Still on a strict diet, but allowed to cohabit with his wife. Henry had his recovery included in the national prayer, in fact he kept both the French King and his English wife in them indefinitely. He wanted a nephew on that throne, to go with Hal on his.

Sorry for being away so long: first my migraine meds were held up and secondly (and more importantly) there have been connectivity issues in part of the woods.

1515: August
1515 August

The end of August found both the English and French Queens with child. Katherine was sure she was due in late February while Mary wasn't as certain. It was Mary's first baby, she thought around the first of January. Louis was certain of one thing - he confided that he looked forward to a healthy son in the coming year in a letter congratulating Henry on the latter's coming son. Henry's reply concurred with Louis: a son for his French 'brother' and privately admitting he'd like a princess for England this time around.

Last edited:
Cutting it short; I originally wrote it through both children's births, but there seems to be a connectivity issue today (think it's the time of day; everyone's home from the base and using private computers from home). So, I'll stop here with the irony of this H8 wanting a girl and post the rest late tonight - like I used to always do. My fault, really, pretending I'm not a night owl and trying to be a daytime bird.

Wow! Internet in daytime (it's 0910 hours here.) That's almost unheard of hereabouts. (Have I mentioned the crappy internet connection here in the center of the city within I live?)

Okay, obviously, I didn't get back (no internet - does that sound familiar?) that evening. Then Migraines (Monster M is my not-so affectionate nickname for them). . . I can't win.

But I do have questions:
1. Now that his sister is Queen of France (she will have a healthy boy - one of the kids you need to murder to get to die), Mary Rose will be the boy's regent and won't be coming home, will H8 be as keen on Renee or Charlotte? (I know he doesn't know the boy will live 'forever' - but H8 does tend to think God will do as Henry wants and not the other way round.)

2. Francoise is going to die. Why? 'cuz I don't want to deal with intrigues against the king-to be and his regent-to-be (besides, women are much more fierce when it comes to children and Mary Rose might personally murder him during a private supper, rip her close and claim she was defending her honor (and position) from him). Also, Claude deserves a better life. How? Haven't a clue. Have ya'll? So far I thought of: in a joust celebrating the new king-to-be's birth, a hunting accident, in battle, catches something while away from court that proves fatale. Sound off, please.

P.S. He ain't dying from merely falling off a horse. Been there, done that.

Last edited:
Henry would still be keen on Renee, I think. You can, by the terms of Anne of Brittany and Louis XII's marriage agreement, argue that Renee should be Duchess of Brittany, not Claude - the Duchy was supposed to go to their second child, IIRC, so Henry could well push for Renee to marry the Prince of Wales and then push her claim to the Duchy. Or else, if Francois (without the e, or it's the female form...) dies and Henry is conveniently widowed at the right point, have Henry marry Claude and push for Brittany to become English that way...

Hunting accident seems likely for Francis. Otherwise, perhaps a severe bout of food poisoning that is suspected of being poison - but isn't!

@FalconHonour: mea culpa, I know that about Francois(e), but Monster M visited last night and I'm still a little foggy (which is also why it is SO DAMNED HARD for me to type this a.m.) But how about this for another excuse: Francis trying sooooo hard to bed every woman he meets is overcompensation for the fact that he'd rather be "queen of France" himself. I've known some.....I'm sure there those gents were around in the 16th century......

@FalconHonour: mea culpa, I know that about Francois(e), but Monster M visited last night and I'm still a little foggy (which is also why it is SO DAMNED HARD for me to type this a.m.) But how about this for another excuse: Francis trying sooooo hard to bed every woman he meets is overcompensation for the fact that he'd rather be "queen of France" himself. I've known some.....I'm sure there those gents were around in the 16th century......
Ha. I hadn't thought of that!

Henry would still be keen on Renee, I think. You can, by the terms of Anne of Brittany and Louis XII's marriage agreement, argue that Renee should be Duchess of Brittany, not Claude - the Duchy was supposed to go to their second child, IIRC, so Henry could well push for Renee to marry the Prince of Wales and then push her claim to the Duchy. Or else, if Francois (without the e, or it's the female form...) dies and Henry is conveniently widowed at the right point, have Henry marry Claude and push for Brittany to become English that way...
If Claude is not Queen Consort of France her possession of Brittany is not in discussion as the separation between France and Brittany is guaranteed

@isabella: do you think H8 would still be keen on Renee with a nephew on the French throne and a sister (his favorite) as Regent? Or would he look for a different country alliance?

I still want to know how ya'll want Francis the ambitious to die.

My internet keeps cutting in and out, so I'll have to try tonight to post xmas thru march. But while I've still got it a rephrasing of a question: Who might offer a bride for Hal?

I still want to know how ya'll want Francis the ambitious to die.

My internet keeps cutting in and out, so I'll have to try tonight to post xmas thru march. But while I've still got it a rephrasing of a question: Who might offer a bride for Hal?
Well, to bee honest, Francois wasn't that ambitious; his mother was the ambitious one and his sister was too busy flirting with Protestantism to be ambitious. Without their mother - or, hell, even with an agreement that the child of the son of Mary and Louis marries a grandchild of Francis - Francis might simmer down.

@Tudorfan, I get it, you're not into Francis dying. But he's gonna here. Do you have a preference as to how? Right now, the only methods not available are: dying from a fall from a horse and/or dying from old age.