Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy Will learn that betrayl never pays and it comes with a heafty price.
446oap.jpg

Looking on 2nd Mexican-American War in this TL.
It's brilliant Idea to bind the USA with this conflict in America not in Europe next year.
Next to that Zimmerman will think twice before to send a telegram to German embassy in Mexico city.

Interesting side note
Willian Randolph Hearst had possession and investments in Mexico
And lobby heavy for military Intervention in Mexico also on President election of 1916!

on Greece
i astonished how easy King Alexander get rid of Venizelos in TL
OTL this let two Government, almost to civil War and Entente force invited by Venizelos consider as "occupation" by king Alexander

Italy will be fully bleed white bevor the Central Powers are through with them, How much land will be lost?
Problem is that can Austria-Hungary even add more territory to its bloated Empire? They already have so many nationalities that really just want to kill each other, why add Italians in Venetia?

Best option there is more economic reparations, basing rights, and divvying up the Italian colonies: Austria could get Libya while the Germans get Somalia

Monitor

Donor
Problem is that can Austria-Hungary even add more territory to its bloated Empire? They already have so many nationalities that really just want to kill each other, why add Italians in Venetia?

Best option there is more economic reparations, basing rights, and divvying up the Italian colonies: Austria could get Libya while the Germans get Somalia
Yeah, I would guess that Austria gets no land. But maybe Austria and friends decide to split the land into multiple nations... Kaiserreich mod for HoI IV could be a bit of an idea how something like that could go (besides Papal States. They are a fantasy and do not exist :))

Yeah, I would guess that Austria gets no land. But maybe Austria and friends decide to split the land into multiple nations... Kaiserreich mod for HoI IV could be a bit of an idea how something like that could go (besides Papal States. They are a fantasy and do not exist :))
Honestly, Austria-Hungary would be better off surrendering some Land to consolidate. Like a hypothetical Polish Kingdom in the east could get much of Polish Galicia allowing AH to spend more time holding down the Bosnian Serbs

Monitor

Donor
Honestly, Austria-Hungary would be better off surrendering some Land to consolidate. Like a hypothetical Polish Kingdom in the east could get much of Polish Galicia allowing AH to spend more time holding down the Bosnian Serbs
Yes and no. That would look like giving up, letting the central government look weak, which would increase tensions, not reduce them. But that needs to be dealt with another time... in the meantime, they should not add anymore problems... :)

Yes we know that today with the benefit of hindsight, but taking land even if only a symbolic amount is very much what was down in that time and would not change even with the changes to the timeline.

yah austrians aren't gonna take anything just reperations and demilltraiza zone isnert other humilating conncession

The Mexican land ceded in the treaty is roughly the extent that the U.S. can absorb and assimilate in the late 1910's. Maybe all of Sonora but that would be pushing it. I agree with other posters that Mexico got off lightly in terms of land ceded but the DMZ and reparations are pretty punishing. I look forward to see how Mexico develops with the land lost, reparations, the DMZ and Pancho Villa killed in American custody.

Also I hope Greece isn't punished too severely by the Central Powers.

The Mexican land ceded in the treaty is roughly the extent that the U.S. can absorb and assimilate in the late 1910's. Maybe all of Sonora but that would be pushing it. I agree with other posters that Mexico got off lightly in terms of land ceded but the DMZ and reparations are pretty punishing. I look forward to see how Mexico develops with the land lost, reparations, the DMZ and Pancho Villa killed in American custody.

Also I hope Greece isn't punished too severely by the Central Powers.
I would have at least taken Nogales and bumped the border fifty miles south to make enough for a US State of Sonora, but Puerto Penseco is probably gonna be far more populated ITTL.

Greece had a pro-German monarch when WWI started so they'll probably demand that government come back into power

I would have at least taken Nogales and bumped the border fifty miles south to make enough for a US State of Sonora, but Puerto Penseco is probably gonna be far more populated ITTL.

I personally agree but this was the U.S. in the 1910's that didn't want more *gasp* non-white Catholics in their country but the most important thing is getting the entire Baja Peninsula. Speaking of which is the newly conqured land going to be added to current U.S. states or is it going to become it's own state?

I personally agree but this was the U.S. in the 1910's that didn't want more *gasp* non-white Catholics in their country but the most important thing is getting the entire Baja Peninsula. Speaking of which is the newly conqured land going to be added to current U.S. states or is it going to become it's own state?
I think they could set up two states: Baja with the capitol at La Paz and Sonora with the capitol at Puerto Penseco

Status
Not open for further replies.