The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Did Landon Erickson only get named in the published book? The last President mentioned in the postwar update posts is Melissa Andersson, and forum search doesn't turn up any "Landon Erickson" before Lalli's post.

Whoever's President in 2009, I'm guessing, would be a Republican. The Democrats have been in the White House for sixteen years by that point, and based on how Stettin fueled the Freedom Party victory in 2010, it must've been regarded as a negative for the Democrats.
Lashon Erickson (D WA) with Richard "Eaglecall" Davis (Ind, OK) as VP. Elected by the House and Senate after the EC didn't have majority.

The political horse trading was so bad that the EC fell out of favor and the 28th Amendment replaced it with direct "one-man, one-vote" in time for the 2020 election cycle (which was never posted and likely never will be).

Many of my students either remember communism first hand. The rest were told stories by parents and grandparents.

It's interesting in that there seems to be an even split of that older generation, at least in this small sample size. Some absolutely detested communism and think it leaving Czechoslovakia was the best thing ever. Others... openly miss it and want it to come back. We have one of the few reconstructed Communist parties in Europe, and "seize the means" et al is technically still an object for this party.

The older students actually remember in some cases late night raids, StB visits, relatives vanishing for days...

It comes home when you have that personal connection.
This reminds me talking with a relative about the Brazil 1964-85 military dictatorship.

I was commenting about how the definition of communist was expanded to arrest normal critics, right wingers included, and this person replied with a catch word pro dictatorship people use
"Only communists and tramps got arrested."

Well, turns out my grandfather, who is also a relative to him got arrested, so I said"Look, grandfather was arrested."

He replied "Well, that it is because he was black."

So is there a specific page/link to go to for a concise history of the post AANW world ?

There link but it doesn't contain history after Hot War.

Any chance it could be an OTL person that didnt have the office OTL ?

Unlkikely when anyone OTL character wasn't president ITTL after RFK. There has been really massive butterflies and probably quiet many OTL characters were killed on the war so they couldn't enter to politics. There is so hellish lot oc changes on lives of pretty much every invudual American. And that president between 2009 - 2012 was probably already borna fter POD.

MaxGerke01

Banned

I have the book but have only read to chapter 9 so far -I dont think its in there is it ? Although Im pretty sure I saw it someplace once.

Last edited:

brooklyn99

Banned
So, Albania is a pretty minor nation but I'm nonetheless curious. @CalBear How did Italian dominated Albania do in the Hot War and beyond? What was Enver Hoxha's fate and how did independent Albania fare without his 40-year rule (besides the obvious like a lot less bunkers, of course)?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

Unlkikely when anyone OTL character wasn't president ITTL after RFK. There has been really massive butterflies and probably quiet many OTL characters were killed on the war so they couldn't enter to politics. There is so hellish lot oc changes on lives of pretty much every invudual American. And that president between 2009 - 2012 was probably already borna fter POD.
There is no summary of the post 1960 events. There were never meant to be part of the regular T/L, and were done with vastly less research than the actual T/L. They are actually largely "fan service" for folks who asked for "something" and a writing exercise on my part.

So, Albania is a pretty minor nation but I'm nonetheless curious. @CalBear How did Italian dominated Albania do in the Hot War and beyond? What was Enver Hoxha's fate and how did independent Albania fare without his 40-year rule (besides the obvious like a lot less bunkers, of course)?
Allbania was a not so crucial part of the overall Greater Reich/Italian expansion (which was much smaller ATL since Hitler told Mussolini that if he wanted to waste time and personnel in Africa before the War was won, he was on his own) that suffered the same generally crappy conditions as the rest of Europe. Hoxau was a well know, high profile Communist, Those folks were universally killed on capture or later via extermination through labor. Hoxau died as a slave laborer.

brooklyn99

Banned
Allbania was a not so crucial part of the overall Greater Reich/Italian expansion (which was much smaller ATL since Hitler told Mussolini that if he wanted to waste time and personnel in Africa before the War was won, he was on his own) that suffered the same generally crappy conditions as the rest of Europe. Hoxau was a well know, high profile Communist, Those folks were universally killed on capture or later via extermination through labor. Hoxau died as a slave laborer.
Gosh, I have no love for Hoxha but he did not deserve to go out like that...

What about Tito?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

What about Tito?
Well know, high profile General Secretary of the Communist Party of Yugoslavia?

Braver than Hoxau. Was shot in a small gunfight.

What about Tito?

So how is Yugoslavia and Albania look postwar? I think communist parties in those two countries were never refounded. If not, which political parties are in their parliament?

So how is Yugoslavia and Albania look postwar? I think communist parties in those two countries were never refounded. If not, which political parties are in their parliament?

They probably took back their monarchies. IIRC, the Yugoslavian royal family lived in exile in Britain for all of WW2 IOTL.

brooklyn99

Banned

Would that imply that Hoxha gave up fighting and surrendered only to get worked to death for it? What were the circumstances?

Also, concerning the topic of Balkan guerrilla forces. What became of the Chetniks and Draza Mihailovic? Did they have any presence in the post-war Serbian state or did they go the way of the partisans?

Watching a Beethoven concert and I was wondering, what happened to Germany's pre Nazi cultural contributions ITTL? OTL obviously Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc remain hugely popular (with only Wagner tarred as much by his descendants actions as his own) but would they be seen as to "German" to preform ITTL?

Also what happened to Weimar cinema? OTL most films survived the war (and as they're in Argentina and New Zealand the two mostly complete copies of Metropolis should be safe here) to be rediscovered. Does this world even remember that Germany once had the world's most innovative Cinema before Hitler crushed it?

I wanna ask what happened to indonesia in anglo american nazi war? Did sukarno still took to power? Or did someone else took over?

I don't think that Yugoslavia re-united ITTL. Croatia has been independent state already almost 20 years so it would be extremely hard to integrate back to such artificial state as Yugoslavia. So probably we would see independent Slovenia, Croatia (without Ustache of course) and Serbia which might keep Montenegro. Not sure how Bsonia-Herzegovina and Macedonai would are. Bosnia probably would remain as part of Croatia when it would be pretty much croatified but not any ide what would happen to Macedonia.

And was Albania allowed to keep Kosovo?

I know this is unrelated and I have already asked this before, but why and how did India develop to the point of being the world's largest economy and how was Partition averted anyway ?

I know this is unrelated and I have already asked this before, but why and how did India develop to the point of being the world's largest economy and how was Partition averted anyway ?
AIUI India was industrialized during the longer war to serve as a second "Arsenal of Democracy".

Not sure exactly how Partition was avoided -- I remember reading something that self-determination provisos were only applied to territories that had suffered Axis occupation, but not sure exactly why the Allies made that decision...

AIUI India was industrialized during the longer war to serve as a second "Arsenal of Democracy".

Not sure exactly how Partition was avoided -- I remember reading something that self-determination provisos were only applied to territories that had suffered Axis occupation, but not sure exactly why the Allies made that decision...
So essentially it was funded by A4 nations to have a stable democracy and reliable ally ?