The American Odyssey: A Story of a United America with Star-Spangled Jubilation

Chapter 1: A New Timeline begins
600px-Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze,_MMA-NYC,_1851.jpg

Our team humbly presents,
The American Odyssey
Inspired by NK_Ryzov's 'USAO',
Note: All written content rights reserved to the AO Community Project. All image content rights reserved to their respective creators.

Prelude: A project a long time in the making, the premise is simple. The United States as we know it expanding as large as possible, fueled by liberty and justice. I thank the team for all efforts in making this possible.

Hampton Road to the city of Albany, 1754

It was a smoky, acrid day to be riding to Albany. Benjamin was drenched, taking a neatly embroidered cerulean handkerchief to wipe his profusely sweaty face.

“Bloody miserable weather…” he muttered to himself, along with a number of expletives we daresay not mention.

The Gaelic-descended driver proceeded to swiftly turn around.“Sorry sur, th' roads hae bin completely muddy wi' th' recent rains...Thare wull be a footer about o' aboot 5 hours.”

An audible moan emerged from the carriage door. “I can’t stand this. Pull over.”

As the driver proceeded to pull over to allow an enervated Franklin to wretch himself in the nearby grass, a thin, brim-like fellow in a carriage noticed the poor man’s dyspeptic circumstances.

“Why, if it isn’t Master Franklin!” he called from the carriage window, immediately disembarking and plowing through the muddy road to hand over a rag.

“Master Chew...what a pleasant surprise.” Franklin rose from his awkward disposition as deep in the mystical heart of the universe, a new timeline is brought to life.

joinordie.jpg

It is unknown how exactly Benjamin Chew and Benjamin Franklin got to talking before the Albany Conference, but their interaction significantly changed circumstances heading into the committee. In our world, the Albany Congress deliberated over Benjamin Franklin’s plan which called for among other things a legislative assembly with significant powers and a mandate for governance. It is for this reason that it gets dismissed, neither the colonies nor HM’s government wishes to part with that much power. Subsequently, there was a dire lack of common defense on the eve of the French and Indian War. Our divergence begins when Benjamin Franklin has a striking encounter with Benjamin Chew on the ride to Albany before the conference. Wisely realizing that a colonial union too far in scope would never be approved, the Gentleman’s Agreement with Chew is agreed to; with the hope, a severely pared-down version over the Albany Plan would be more likely approved instead of rejected by the colonists. However, identities lie deep, and though they convince members for restraint in creating a sensible plan, the sentiment still seems firm against them. Only one crucial change is acceded to with the beginning of hostilities…

lithgowalbanycongress.jpg

Albany Conference, 1754

“So tallied, hark the following record of Esquire Chew and Master Franklin- defeated by 9 votes” an audible sigh is emitted from a man in bifocals, amidst a sea of grumbles and nods from the assembly.

“Cheer up Benjamin, we have half-past morrow till the conference resolves. I am sure we can garner support for our proposal yet.”

“It is but of little use,” Franklin grumbles, “ I doubt any proposal of fruition shall pass this bludgeoned committee.”

It would seem all is naught until Governor Shirley Johnson rises to speak. “I quite am recompense with the idea of an appointed auxiliary to facilitate relations among Indians.” Arousing cackle emerges forth from the assembly.

Benjamin sighs and rubs his temples. “I can work with this...”

HM’s Trade Commissioner’s Office, 1754

A large woman in a frilly maroon petticoat enters the door with a letter. “Dear, I received a letter from the Commissioner-General”

“Bring it over here please!”. A graying man methodically tears the parchment and removes the wax. Perusing its contents, he raises his eyes…

With the outbreak of the French and Indian War, one conceivable change is implemented by the delegates of Albany and the Trade Commissioner. A unified representative dispatched towards the Indians of the colonies is approved by a nervous Crown. Sir William Johnson would be sent straight away with the Mohawk tribesmen to participate in the current British incursions.

Writings from the New England Courant, August 1754
“Let us not make haste with our enuncements of barbarity among the French and Indians. A foreseeable future indeed lies in a strength of spirit north of the St Lawrence River. It would be wrong to behoove of this as a violence between the Canadien & savage. Rather, it is a war with the tyrant Louis...”

Franklin’s correspondence with Benjamin Chew had altered his mindset since the conference. In newspapers of the time, one would remark that Franklin argues the war is with the French monarch, not with the colonies, and urges restraint among American representatives. The tone of the piece is generally set that the war is against France. Though unpopularly received, it circulates widely within New England, the battlefront of the conflict. The news only received such popularity though with the recent military engagement as described in the last line…

“I welcome the joyous news of Braddock’s successful endeavor in Monongahela, and look forward to future engagements from this expedition.”

Last edited:
View attachment 592297

Our team humbly presents,
The American Odyssey
Inspired by NK_Ryzov's 'USAO'

Prelude: A project a long time in the making, the premise is simple. The United States as we know it expanding as large as possible, fueled by liberty and justice. I thank the team for all efforts in making this possible.

Hampton Road to the city of Albany, 1754

It was a smoky, acrid day to be riding to Albany. Benjamin was drenched, taking a neatly embroidered cerulean handkerchief to wipe his profusely sweaty face.

“Bloody miserable weather…” he muttered to himself, along with a number of expletives we daresay not mention.

The Gaelic-descended driver proceeded to swiftly turn around.“Sorry sur, th' roads hae bin completely muddy wi' th' recent rains...Thare wull be a footer about o' aboot 5 hours.”

An audible moan emerged from the carriage door. “I can’t stand this. Pull over.”

As the driver proceeded to pull over to allow an enervated Franklin to wretch himself in the nearby grass, a thin, brim-like fellow in a carriage noticed the poor man’s dyspeptic circumstances.

“Why, if it isn’t Master Franklin!” he called from the carriage window, immediately disembarking and plowing through the muddy road to hand over a rag.

“Master Chew...what a pleasant surprise.” Franklin rose from his awkward disposition as deep in the mystical heart of the universe, a new timeline is brought to life.

View attachment 592298

It is unknown how exactly Benjamin Chew and Benjamin Franklin got to talking before the Albany Conference, but their interaction significantly changed circumstances heading into the committee. In our world, the Albany Congress deliberated over Benjamin Franklin’s plan which called for among other things a legislative assembly with significant powers and a mandate for governance. It is for this reason that it gets dismissed, neither the colonies nor HM’s government wishes to part with that much power. Subsequently, there was a dire lack of common defense on the eve of the French and Indian War. Our divergence begins when Benjamin Franklin has a striking encounter with Benjamin Chew on the ride to Albany before the conference. Wisely realizing that a colonial union too far in scope would never be approved, the Gentleman’s Agreement with Chew is agreed to; with the hope, a severely pared-down version over the Albany Plan would be more likely approved instead of rejected by the colonists. However, identities lie deep, and though they convince members for restraint in creating a sensible plan, the sentiment still seems firm against them. Only one crucial change is acceded to with the beginning of hostilities…

View attachment 592299
Albany Conference, 1754

“So tallied, hark the following record of Esquire Chew and Master Franklin- defeated by 9 votes” an audible sigh is emitted from a man in bifocals, amidst a sea of grumbles and nods from the assembly.

“Cheer up Benjamin, we have half-past morrow till the conference resolves. I am sure we can garner support for our proposal yet.”

“It is but of little use,” Franklin grumbles, “ I doubt any proposal of fruition shall pass this bludgeoned committee.”

It would seem all is naught until Governor Shirley Johnson rises to speak. “I quite am recompense with the idea of an appointed auxiliary to facilitate relations among Indians.” Arousing cackle emerges forth from the assembly.

Benjamin sighs and rubs his temples. “I can work with this...”

HM’s Trade Commissioner’s Office, 1754

A large woman in a frilly maroon petticoat enters the door with a letter. “Dear, I received a letter from the Commissioner-General”

“Bring it over here please!”. A graying man methodically tears the parchment and removes the wax. Perusing its contents, he raises his eyes…

With the outbreak of the French and Indian War, one conceivable change is implemented by the delegates of Albany and the Trade Commissioner. A unified representative dispatched towards the Indians of the colonies is approved by a nervous Crown. Sir William Johnson would be sent straight away with the Mohawk tribesmen to participate in the current British incursions.

Writings from the New England Courant, August 1754
“Let us not make haste with our enuncements of barbarity among the French and Indians. A foreseeable future indeed lies in a strength of spirit north of the St Lawrence River. It would be wrong to behoove of this as a violence between the Canadien & savage. Rather, it is a war with the tyrant Louis...”

Franklin’s correspondence with Benjamin Chew had altered his mindset since the conference. In newspapers of the time, one would remark that Franklin argues the war is with the French monarch, not with the colonies, and urges restraint among American representatives. The tone of the piece is generally set that the war is against France. Though unpopularly received, it circulates widely within New England, the battlefront of the conflict. The news only received such popularity though with the recent military engagement as described in the last line…

“I welcome the joyous news of Braddock’s successful endeavor in Monongahela, and look forward to future engagements from this expedition.”

I'm always game for a bigger US. The shadow of freedom must fall on all the world's people.

Ok jokes aside this does seem to have a good start. I await the next update. All I asked is that you don't have the United States just win all the time. A few low points are needed for any great story no matter what it's about.

I'm always game for a bigger US. The shadow of freedom must fall on all the world's people.

Ok jokes aside this does seem to have a good start. I await the next update. All I asked is that you don't have the United States just win all the time. A few low points are needed for any great story no matter what it's about.
Likewise. Whoever said we had to stop from sea to shining sea?

We will try to get the updates out as fast as we can, but at the moment we are working piece by piece on it (as I am basically in charge of most of the writing at this point. It will go faster if we reduce the amount of dialogue, though that is up for debate.

In regards to your last point, we will definitely try to make the US not seem like a Mary Sue, at least early on.

We hope you stick around!

Likewise. Whoever said we had to stop from sea to shining sea?

We will try to get the updates out as fast as we can, but at the moment we are working piece by piece on it (as I am basically in charge of most of the writing at this point. It will go faster if we reduce the amount of dialogue, though that is up for debate.

In regards to your last point, we will definitely try to make the US not seem like a Mary Sue, at least early on.

We hope you stick around!

Well as I said I'm always game for a bigger US. So odds are good I'll be around for a least a few updates. As for the pace of said updates, it's fine if it takes a few days I have other things to take up my time. Just don't go too Pro-US. It's one thing if it's been a thing for a while and has the means to outperform other nations but not if it's some up-and-coming nation besting the world powers out the gate.

I like what you have thus far so no worries there. Take your time.

Well as I said I'm always game for a bigger US. So odds are good I'll be around for a least a few updates. As for the pace of said updates, it's fine if it takes a few days I have other things to take up my time. Just don't go too Pro-US. It's one thing if it's been a thing for a while and has the means to outperform other nations but not if it's some up-and-coming nation besting the world powers out the gate.

I like what you have thus far so no worries there. Take your time.
Thanks so much. We always take into account feedback; and we hope to paint how a realistic, scrappy US can move through and best his foes squarely.

Hope you enjoy the next update.

Chapter 2- Repair
300px-Sir_William_Johnson.jpg

Sir William Johnson, 1754

We last left off with news of the smashing victory by General Braddock in the western frontier. This alternate victory at the Battle of Monongahela would be due in large part to the efforts of this man. Sir William Johnson, appointed as the colonial auxiliary to Indians by the Albany Conference, would undertake to see help from native allies...

Canajoharie Village, Mohawk Nation, March 1755
A redcoat rides his horse into a thatched longhouse camp. He briskly slides down his horse and disarms his gun and lance.
“Ongweoweh!” he shouts I have returned!”
Besides a vast, billowing fire, a chief reclines in bright red fabric and feathered hair. He surreptitiously rises, peering at the man-- “Brother!” he exclaims. After a warm embrace, they quickly talk shop over rungs of tobacco.
“I understand the British are planning an expedition against the French; but why have you come here? The Covenant Chain has been broken.”
“Not exactly, Chief. I have been reappointed as the auxiliary.” Johnson hands the Chief a beige parchment with a red, royal seal of affirmation.”
“I see”, the chief replied, studying the pamphlet. “And where do you need my forces?”
“The Monongahela.”
“Ah... it's been some time since I have been there. And trust me, Sir Johnson. We will return…”

DeathofBraddock-1 (1).jpg

‘The Winged Hussars Arrived’, Mohawks coming to the aid of Braddock, 1755.

The repairing of the Covenant Chain with the Iroquois nation would be due to the work of William Johnson who managed to convince the Mohawk earlier than OTL August 1755. Their help would be critical as reinforcements in coming battles in the North American theater, especially as allies to fight in Braddock’s Expedition. In OTL they would only fight months later in the Battle of Lake George (which they would win) but now they are able to come to the aid of Braddock as he attempts to recapture Fort Necessity that was lost a year earlier in a crushing defeat by Washington. The Iroquois had no qualms fighting in Braddock’s expedition, against the enemy Wabanaki. It was simply due to the month difference of Johnson being appointed; that the Iroquois OTL would first see the theatre of war later fighting their fellow Mohawk’s and causing subsequent neutrality. Without this, the Iroquois would remain on the side of the British. The better coordination of supplies and troops would help Braddock’s Expedition, leading to the Battle of Monongahela to be a stunning victory, capturing Fort Duquesne.

download.jpg

The Battle of the Monongahela, 1755

The effects of the expedition would come to a head by July, with Braddock further pushing through the Ohio Country with his colonial militias and native allies. Such a victory, would rumble through the halls of Westminster and had multitudinous effects; as advisors of HM’s government scurried to compare his victory with Washington’s defeat at Necessity a year prior. What they deduced would set a precedent of colonial objectives for the ATL divergence of the remainder of the French and Indian War.

Firstly, the British government began to rely on British officers & troops. This marked a turning point among British strategists- ignoring the advice of William Pitt, they prioritized formalized rules of combat and strategy, more heavily shipping in troops from the Isles, and relegating colonial/native tactics as auxiliaries to separate expeditions.

Secondly, they realize the importance of native alliances and relationships. Washington’s failure in Necessity could have easily been changed if native troops had aided in the venture, especially the Iroquois. The government would begin to pursue closer ties with native tries, the Mohawk being preeminent- a factor that would help them unite the Iroquois nation.

Finally, William Pitt’s strategy of a ‘New World focus’. The viability of running over all of the French colonies is realized sooner; as the British are more incentivized to raise the required military efforts from the local population, to fortify the Americans, while also from abroad. This leads to continuous foreign troops entering into the colonies, as the mindset of a need to adapt to guerilla tactics never enters the minds of the government, successful with British officers. To pay for these foreign troops, however, the government began to draw upon duties that can be applied to the colony.

Sir William Johnson- Irish man who immigrated to the NY colony. He was appointed in 1756 as British Superintendent of Indian Affairs. Commanded Iroquois and British forces in the French and Indian War. Died in 1774 OTL.

Battle of Monongahela- French and native victory against the British OTL. The loss gave the French control of Ohio country until 1758.

Covenant Chain- A series of alliances and treaties between British Americans and the Iriquois and later other native tribes. Named after a three-link silver chain created at their first treaty. The chain was broken in 1753 when the Mohawk, a member of the Iroquois confederacy, claimed that their land was being taken by New Yorkers. After this failure, the British sent John Williams to handle diplomacy with the natives from the colonists.

Sorry for the delay between the next chapter, its been difficult getting out and writing everything. Apologies in advance, but expect further delays as we organize documents. Thank you for your patience.

The UA Team.

Last edited:
I loved the USAO timeline! Hopefully, this one shall do well.
Sorry for the delay between the next chapter, its been difficult getting out and writing everything. Apologies in advance, but expect further delays as we organize documents. Thank you for your patience.

The UA Team.
Understandable.

Chapter 3 French and Indian War (1754-1762)
Chapter 3 French and Indian War (1754-1762)

1csD2FkWVaVbuE0fmv4HRRzAcPDqSKlJJ19XJCBNiSzzqMT6e-W5Gs4OEAqonrIVIxRD1kt2VnCP0qh7d6TFs-d13cvEG9PApN7AHExtgZQhYmxsWhsmLRNADrExlIf9q0c9EM2t

Courting of allegiances among the Native Americans, 1749. (Source)

To recap, though it wasn’t the scheme that Chew and Franklin desired: coordinating militias, raising troops, and building forts; Shirley’s plan to approve a native representative was already paying dividends with the Iroquois assistance in Braddock’s expedition. Numerous more incentivized Native tribes were joining this alliance, fueled by the desire to join a British-Iroquois faction that was laying the first seeds of cooperation. Changes were already afoot due to this divergence...

iaEysd_kxRi5606p3gQAF74lyesObJoQurNv3D0JlUr5d9UhZN1quyl1pHmNG1tTkYx2O0O9d7FUvsdaiLF-hRaFNYI6qgZAGJ0wrfvDr3pmNBngXYxNnfj-fEiZOJMOnw6qtZGb

The battle lines and alliances are drawn in 1754. (Source)

All across the New World, French troops and British troops skirmished, reaching from the shores of frosty Quebec to balmy Grenada. Although part of a greater Seven Years War in Europe, the American front was named the French and Indian war after their French enemies and the mostly allied native Indian tribes. The French also maintained their own native allies, mostly descended from unions between french trappers and native women, but the English had cleverly courted the powerful Iroquois Confederacy, earlier in fact than in our world. Other players came to involve the Spanish who had allied with France late in the war, despite not having the Navy to protect her distant colonies and the German mercenaries who poured into the British colonies. The reliance on the latter group proved to be a costly burden for the crown, but a necessary one in light of Braddock’s victory, so Parliament wanted to recoup this loss from the colonies. First, though we need to investigate what led the British to spend so much on this battle with their constant rival. In addition to this, the British no longer feel the need to raise the required military efforts from the local population to fortify the Americans, while also accepting William the Pitt’s strategy of focusing on America.
This was rooted in the notion of the changing conflict in the frontier. The mighty Mississippi was the lynchpin of inland trade in the Americas and France claimed all of it. Though French settlers were small in numbers they had allied with many tribes along the Acadia region, Ohio River Valley, and Great Lakes region. Success by General Braddock at the battle of Monongahela helped build up momentum in the south ATL. Braddock’s success had justified sending more trained soldiers, on William Pitt’s orders, from Britain as well as German mercenaries to his command. These experienced soldiers with assistance from Native scouts mopped up the various french forts with limited opposition, but the costs were mounting as the number of boots on the ground increased. The need to adapt never enters the minds of the Crown ATL, content with the British officers. Instead, Grenville was planning taxes post-war to recoup this cost. At this point one could acknowledge that British and French tactics had practically switched ATL- Pierre de Rigaud would rely increasingly on native and colonial guerillas to help his troops after the defeat in Monongahela, while the British preferred professional troops imported from Europe with natives acting as auxiliaries. While innocuous at first, this would do much to protect the core of French Canada itself - specifically the future impregnable Lower and Upper Canada.

NNlkDlSm2IlwjB_P4M5Qe8png822PswQ0uohx7ouu0th2wZukGCUvQplTIgkM1kBJR3rSUjeZXW-YXR6a1iT54aJD3y9cF59AMWDb2X_U65hn9XQjUOwwr6VswRaTJHwscqZggEe

Respite from combat for the British soldiers and colonial militias, 1757 (Source)

YvhBNCpbWpDyyw6t8hYJyscRPXYF18carTDCVGjMxsAxoTDf9MdgehIjaYjgzihXMOJeVanGIF6AyVm9y3QySrtA4JD7WZNfpbMFscbjw2-mG3dps732NkDbnjGJeA9XQdjoQDi-

The retreat of Rogers Rangers, 1758.

By 1756, while Braddock was seeing immense success in the south, the Northern front made up of colonial volunteers and Iroquois warriors were not progressing smoothly. Governor Shirley of Massachusetts has not been made Chief of the Army and continues to lead the motley band in skirmishes with French colonists and Wabanaki tribesmen, from Oswego to Niagara. Discipline was a problem among both sides, and Shirley also had trouble cooperating with William Johnson who led the Iroquois along with a New Yorker, James DeLancey, both of whom didn’t support Shirley’s interests and wanted to fight in the frontiers. The French now surmised of Braddock’s success capitalized on this lack of cohesion by bringing experienced soldiers to advance from Fort Niagara and attack Shirley’s forces at the Battle of Oswego. This battle was nothing less of a painful, absolute bloodbath. Shirley lost to Montcalm, in a battle that was the first in the history of the continent to use traditional European strategies. The British government was left scrambling in the stalemate to find a new Chief of Army, raise new divisions from Europe, and promote Johnson as a commanding general for his continued success in the frontier. This was in part due to Johnson’s success at the ATL Battle of Lake George as native guerillas managed to successfully harass French troops making a united attack impossible. With the command of his own troops, his sweep emboldens many natives to continue to remain neutral. At the same time, Braddock continually moves North now to Niagara which he would win, and gain some Native allies along the way. Meanwhile in the east, helped by the presence of Acadian guerillas, Monckton was able to keep a surprise win at the Battle of Beauséjour. This loss, however, did not mean that land reinforcements needed to be diverted but rather contributed to his tactical move exiling Acadians to the south.
With the 1757 Battle on Snowshoes, Captain Robert Rodgers would be wounded after his unit was ambushed by a mixed troop of French regulars, Canadiens, and Indians. Robert Rodgers died on January 21, 1757. This event marks the turning point in the application of light forces during this war. The defeat of Rogers Rangers and the lack of commitment to muster and equip such light forces among the British commanders would further lead to progressive disuse of such forces on the British side. A side note of this is that the Rangers never make it to Acadia to carry out the expulsion. Without the presence of forces, ATL the expulsion is slow and more gradual, something that would help in Anglo-French relations in the future.

ruImcCi0E-vkMg5jZNMGvV8TDk7gc_pUnlWjm3Lv3GTkF5jZuuOEZ8yu1OeTeRRkq0ZpJmNnTMOGqJq-K1chrZ3SXxO-trCGbMz6ejgb9mlXIlKzzkexIgrhttTfUCH6gTwC_71S

Tracts are written on the deprivation of the colonists of Britain and France during the war (Source: Assassin’s Creed 3)

On the way south, storms force ships to temporarily stop in Massachusetts. With Shirley busy on the battlefield, Spencer Phips became the acting governor of Massachusetts and agreed with the Albany Assembly to let the Acadians stay in Massachusetts to wait out the winter. The Acadians are given food and clothing by Quakers, authorized by the Crown in hopes of winning over soon-to-be British citizens in Maine. This ATL was different from Shirley who heartlessly preferred to let them starve on ships. This moment marks the first steps of what would be the Acadian diaspora in British North America. Contact with otherwise foreign people would see the colonial taverns see this war as more of a distant conflict, that civilians were caught between. This act of kindness would do much to ingratiate Acadians with the New Englanders. In this interest, 6000 Acadians would settle in Massachusetts, while the rest would move on into the interior and Maryland. And while this sentiment of thanks would extend to the colonies, it wouldn’t elevate up as men like Shirley would blast in the news how these “filthy Papists have embarked”.
Speaking of Shirley, he was getting into hot water with the British administration. With news circulating more of his attention to the presses than on the battlefield, he is strongly reprimanded by superior officials. This was further marked a continuous feud between him and Johnson’s native troops. General paranoia among Shirley in part contributes to a disastrous expedition into Quebec, the first mainstream defeat for the British in the war.
While he is never removed by the British Crown, his consideration for promotion to commander-in-chief is tossed out the window. While the progression of the war in many ways is ahead of OTL, occupying Lower and Upper Canada continues with a slog. William Johnson moves beyond Fort Ticonderoga, while Shirley retreats back to Ft Will Henry. It is there the ATL despicable massacre is perpetrated on British soldiers, not American pioneers, leading to a complete collapse of native relations at the juncture, one that remains chilly with both governments during the course of the war. The British troops, not one to be sitting ducks, strike back viciously leading to a smaller smallpox outbreak. Any further attempts to take Quebec would need an influx of colonial troops from both the British, especially with the arrival of French reinforcements, who ATL was able to surpass Loundon's blockade. Braddock seamlessly takes Niagara and comes to befriend tribal leaders like Joseph Brant, who they now coordinate with to take Lower Canada. The Iroquois are happy to liberate “indentured” tribesmen they find on Quebec farms. Another shipment of foreign troops has been authorized under Lord Howe, and Grenville begins to panic over the balance sheet.

4_oM2JNGFQF4WJyafzs-K2TOfpKZWUNM0OG3nEbbMuXBQEdhNd8goNUh7C83MYa_v97GBmKRZ6_Uexj1Dpt8aLktA5eAJs-efmDafm7InRPoz5MwwAzFQkWK6tcipVM2YHFRnFVG

Vicious fighting between British armies and native war parties, 1759. (Source)

The events at Fort William Henry lead to a need to end the native client states' involvement in the War. As a whole, Amerindians became increasingly not trusted with guns; and as the English casualty rate akin to France. Phips sends trusted envoys to the Wabanaki in hopes of seeing a return to neutrality. As the final straw arrived when the French were decisively defeated at the Battle of Fort Ticonderoga, Native Americans would begin a drawn-out surrender or return to neutrality to the British and Iroquois leaders. The Abenaki lands were divided between the Iroquois and English. Unlike OTL, Brant would incorporate Abenaki villagers into the Iroquois under a peace treaty, a shift from usual inter-tribal violence among the Iroquois Confederacy. After this, native contributions to the war effort effectively fizzled out, as a smallpox outbreak found Brant scrambling to institute variolation he learned from the war.

With the end of the “la petite guerre”, Montcalm is able to see a stalemate with the Battle of Louisbourg. With Dupleix at sea, French naval strategists change their doctrine and begin trans-oceanic expeditions. While the Second Battle of Quebec was rapidly approaching, Governor Lawrence of Nova Scotia would only have success capturing the French fortresses of Louisbourg much later with substantial difficulties.

eXtKaLPYE4xEimGA3Td0r11wYhHUmi_H7sANJvoK0idC68zAqitYsarabL29P4I82KvlsE2xamNH1vx7wl1dqsyotXRrnLoE-Q5i86LiVK12M_Bnu_covD1xTzebp4MRojJ7qu_f

Nightly attack on a coastal fortification on the way to Quebec City. (Source: Assassin’s Creed 3)

Eventual success in the Maritimes opened the sea lanes for a push into the capital of Quebec City going swimmingly with a combination of British marines and German Infantry. Braddock would advance North and merge with Johnson’s forces; his troops now were able to cross over into Upper Canada and begin their advance towards Montreal. Montreal was being advanced on by both sides, and it seemed inevitable that New France would fall. Montreal was attacked from 3 sides with up to 19,000 British forces surrounding the city. Most Canadians surrendered or deserted and only low-level guerilla fighting continued until the end of the war in the other theaters.

Minor theaters in the Americas included the surprise attack of the French at Newfoundland, although the colony was retaken. After Spain joined, the British seized Havana for future negotiations. By the end of the war Guadeloupe and Martinique, along with a number of other islands, was sieged proving to be a valuable bargaining chip due to its sugar wealth. The Treaty of Paris outlined these territorial changes in the Americas including for the full relinquishing of New France (minus St. Pierre et Miquelon), eastern Louisiana as well as Dominica, Grenada, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Tobago to the British Crown in exchange for Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Saint Lucia. France had secretly given Spain Western Louisiana, but would not move there for Spain had Havana returned in exchange for East Florida. France was absolutely destroyed in finances from the loss of the sugar islands, and the British now had all the land east of the Mississippi River. ATL, the Royal Proclamation of 1763 is not signed; to pay for the greater expenses of the war many European continental troops were promised deferred land claims beforehand to settle in the Ohio Valley. Native tribes and Franklin would see this as a worrying sign of future disregard for their lands. The British were exhausted, debt-riddled and angry.

WusilMzVzOgOtE_eBIXk99bNwEM9HKMW8QG1xt7L1VVA6yThiEg9joS9A0py6d4RXOAo5fXoTsBAMpC5h2fuhO9hxg0ZnqbjYH-hefTRUX0NsFtDut-9HAtGP0zboD3m-ysoa25I

Iroquois prepared to defend their land claims, 1765.

Already unsure what to do with Catholics, British colonists did not look forward to the addition of many more. What wasn’t tolerated were the new taxes on a number of goods as well as the forced quartering of British troops and German mercenaries in the colonists' homes. And this was just the beginning. Their victory should have made the colonists excited, but the mood was more dower from Halifax to Savannah. What’s the point in winning a war, when you can’t even use the land you fought for?
ATL, the near entire transfer of communication and diplomacy from British government officials to colonial agents led to a massive improvement in relations with many several tribes across the frontier. Among every settlement, a colonial envoy like William Johnson was stationed to negotiate and end attacks among settlers. As smallpox devastated tribes, many leaders searched for a solution, anything from variolation to sequestering residents in sweat lodges. Johnson would personally find that natives who raised cattle from Moravian missionaries seemed to do better against the disease than others, sharing his findings with Benjamin Franklin and his common-law wife Molly Brant, who would begin research into this for the remainder of her life.

1- Of minor note, ATL is the liberation of 40 slaves under Brant’s possession.

hM8IMNZfFuWitUh59l16uBDdHdC1NVMpdbJnSWzi2dXftCUufpI3b_05yfeXQbj4CxikCFPFfKq4qwTULk9PdRRSjoyLUjxAy5OSlNURdNuwC_YRm2AGELc8olKp_fWALFB3kjeG

Supplies reaching the Thirteen Colonies amidst the war, 1760. (Source)

cBbSXirLFDADIl_zN4ZiwzZka5rzKLbnECJLhYoQ6d5o595bmJSZxwjS0GT4dfDo099VaDHTlISYeXUhPo0XPKLi5NG5HB76-Xh8QOaFRddESBuqK6axYe8DW5t4MA-mI9fc0Tcx

Wartime conditions take a toll on the weary colonial society, 1760. (Source)

Governor William Shirley- Governor of Massachusetts and in OTL became the temporary commander in chief after Braddock’s death. Also refused to allow ships containing Acadians to land in Massachusetts in the winter leading to starvation and death for many.

Governor Charles Lawrence- Led the conquest of Acadia and expulsion of the Acadians after they refused to declare loyalty to the king.

Expulsion of the Acadians- A removal of 12,000 Acadians to the colonies opening up Nova Scotia for English Settlers. Most Acadians returned to France or traveled to Spanish Louisiana after the war as the British considered their assimilation a failure.

Oh now this is interesting i can already see some territorial acquisation (one where a certain president proposed annexing a certain island 😉) btw i hope america got american east indies cause that would be interesting

Oh now this is interesting i can already see some territorial acquisation (one where a certain president proposed annexing a certain island 😉) btw i hope america got american east indies cause that would be interesting
Of course! All this and more will be featured in the Timeline.

It lives. I was starting to think this was a dead story. But it yet lives so that's good. I can't wait for the next update. Hopefully, this one doesn't take nearly as long as this one did.