Stalin lives to be 130

He'd probably be assasinated at some point in history anyway.

We could always just get the ASBs to make Stalin as lucky as Hitler - have every bombing leave him with bruises, every bullet miss its mark, every rigged car and plane not take him onboard...

mowque

Banned
Well the stress of Stalin's job and personality kinda of preclude this, but lets say for the sake of TL that it happened. Will even the USSR allow such an old man to run the nation? If so, WW3, Stalin is to unstable for a MAD world.

Great zombie Jesus on a pogo stick. I didn't know it was physically possible to live to such an age.
Human telomeres apparently start to run out around the age of 140. No human has ever lived long enough to find out- though something similar may have been what killed Dolly the sheep.

He'd probably be assasinated at some point in history anyway.

The OP says he lives to be 130.

But I don't see why he would be a assassinated, as long as his spy chief didn't betray him. (That's what I think Beria did.) Have him make Molotov head of the NKVD after Berija is eliminated. The man lived to 1987, and by then Stalin will truly be a living God (and one-hundred ten years old...). I mean, seriously, after 60 (or 83) years of personality cult the North Korean dedication to the Dear leader will seem mild.

But I don't buy that Stalin would start world war three. He was not an unstable man, but as anyone who has read an biography of him very cunning, sober and rational.

Grey Wolf

Donor
You end up with a gigantic personality cult, his wheeling to the toilet and daily wipedown would become required viewing for all, and his dribbling insanity (he was not the most coherent dude by the time he died in OTL)

Idealised portraits of his at his peak would continue and he would be propped up and impersonators boom out his annual Mayday speech

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Many observers would probably not believe it, and think that someone else is pulling the strings and taking advantage of his personality cult.

By 130 Stalin would be a senile old shell locked away in some facility while others do the real ruling. Perhaps his personality cult would be quietly diminished too.

To me, if he lived even say 5 or 10 years longer than OTL, I think we would see World War III or something, but yeah eventually someone would just use him as a figurehead or he might even appoint someone, maybe. *shrug*

Damn you beat me! :cool:

Well obviously the USSR would win the Cold War, Reagen would come with his arms race plan, bankrupt the United States, not realising the USSR had been bankrupted years ago but since when did Stalin mind a little human suffering? Then 130, on the verge of death, Stalin, Emperor of the World would mount into his Mecha Death Bot Suit and rain for a thousand years!

To me, if he lived even say 5 or 10 years longer than OTL, I think we would see World War III or something, but yeah eventually someone would just use him as a figurehead or he might even appoint someone, maybe. *shrug*

If WWIII breaks out in the sixties under Stalin, the US has a clear advantage; you have destruction, but not quite MAD. As a survivor, Stalin simply becomes the retired leader of a fallen nation. We assume he is allowed to live in dignity, by treaty. He might need asylum in a different country.

There's a reason Stalin's inner circle basically sat around for 12 hours after his collapse before calling a doctor. He was going to purge them all, and they knew it. Even staunch loyalists like Molotov.

Really? I heard that it was because Stalin hated doctors so they were afraid that if they called one to save his life he would have them purged. Oh the irony. And i guess treason had something to do with it too.

This women, Sakhan Dosova, just died at the incredible age of 130 (the death was reported today): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...erson-world-set-celebrate-130th-birthday.html

She was born in the same year and the same empire as Joseph Stalin. So, let's say she dies in 1952 and Stalin lives to this year. What happens?

(Okay, not completely serious thread, but hey.:D)
Personally, I don't Believe her, People have been Lying about their Age in that Region for Centuries ...

That Part of The Steppes Also has a Reputation for Anomalous Centenarians, And for that Reason I doubt her Soviet-Era Documents as Well ...

As for Stalin, Men can't Live that Long; Our Bodies Degrade FAR Too Quickly and we Live 5 Years Shorter than Women do, Anyway!

Rather ASB, I think say 100 is better. If so he's either going to get nastier in his old age (he was already plotting great purges) and kill millions more to the death list and possibly cause a nuclear war to the equivalent of the Cuban Missile War TL or simply become a figurehead ruler.

Stallin might eventually become seen as some type of God or possibly devil kinda like the anti-Jesus in the omen.