Sir John Valentine Carden Survives. Part 2.

It's been a busy week. It was a family service so not a full sermon.
It went ok, by the way. This Sunday is BCP morning prayer at another church and I have spent all week on a military training area. Another Saturday afternoon special.

Things seem to be going backwards the US Army is bringing out their M10 Booker that’s supposed to provide light infantry with fire support. It looks rather like a tank but the Americas swear blind it’s not.

What are your views on it is it an infantry support tank or a mobile gun fire support system

Things seem to be going backwards the US Army is bringing out their M10 Booker that’s supposed to provide light infantry with fire support. It looks rather like a tank but the Americas swear blind it’s not.

What are your views on it is it an infantry support tank or a mobile gun fire support system
The British were happy with it as a self-propelled gun.

Any chance you can elaborate on that story? That sounds fascinating.....
The dragon is referring to a timeline that the dragon was working on at one point before losing interest and wandering off because the Axis were going splat too easily or something...
(The wheels came off the 'sickle cut' due to more competent Allied planning and doctrine (edit: than in the original timeline), if I recall right, and I think Rommel was either captured or went splat after trying to do a very Rommel thing...)

Further Edit:
If someone else can remember and supply you with the name of the timeline, there is probably discussion in that of the original timeline exercises, as compared to the ones in that timeline.

Further Further Edit:
Clarification from the dragon in question about the sad away from keyboard circumstances which led to the timeline going on hiatus now posted here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-carden-survives-part-2.520866/post-24326884

Last edited:
The dragon is referring to a timeline that the dragon was working on at one point before losing interest and wandering off because the Axis were going splat too easily or something...
(The wheels came off the 'sickle cut' due to more competent Allied planning and doctrine (edit: than in the original timeline), if I recall right, and I think Rommel was either captured or went splat after trying to do a very Rommel thing...)

Further Edit:
If someone else can remember and supply you with the name of the timeline, there is probably discussion in that of the original timeline exercises, as compared to the ones in that timeline.)
The forge of weyland (sorry, no link, I don’t know how to do that!).

Just think what mihgt have hapenned if they hadn't rigged the Summer Exercises and carried on developing a good tank/combined arms doctrine... :p
They had one, they just didn't refer to it as a "doctrine" because that concept was alien to how they thought about military matters. In 1939, their military disciple was centred around artillery being the winning weapon based on their experience in WWI. A "doctrine" is too rigid in it's application and that was alien to the British officer corps who believed a commander should command and how he commanded was up to him. Artillery had proved it could win battles if applied correctly and that why was it prime in their canon.

Further Edit:
If someone else can remember and supply you with the name of the timeline, there is probably discussion in that of the original timeline exercises, as compared to the ones in that timeline.
I didn't lose interest.
First I had some serious family issues, then when over these I became seriously ill. I'm getting over the meds, slowly, but it sapped a lot of my energy

Last edited:
I didn't lose interest.
First I had some serious family issues, then when over these I became seriously ill. I'm getting over the meds, slowly, but it sapped a lot of my energy
Like all the tank time lines I enjoyed it, want more 3 pounder gun action.

bobbins

Donor
I didn't lose interest.
Hope you’re feeling better ! I appreciate your writing, but real life comes first.

Garrison

Donor

Further Edit:
Here you go:

I didn't lose interest.

Sorry to hear about your health and family issues AD....

I hope you continue to heal and recuperate from both to a point you feel like your old self again.

Sincerest best wishes, Matthew.🍻

P.S. I'm glad you haven't lost interest. I checked and that storyline is still tagged on my "Watch" list and I remember very much enjoying your wonderful writing.

Ramontxo

Donor
Sorry to hear about your health and family issues AD....

I hope you continue to heal and recuperate from both to a point you feel like your old self again.

Sincerest best wishes, Matthew.🍻

P.S. I'm glad you haven't lost interest. I checked and that storyline is still tagged on my "Watch" list and I remember very much enjoying your wonderful writing.
In mine too. RL always get first, thanks a lot for your work mr Dragon and as much Jamaica Blue mountain as you can drink......

I seem to be improving slowly, but its taking a while. Unfortulately it takes a lot more effort to write AH, as you have to get the fact right. Writing fiction is a lot easier...
Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Look after yourself. I have just dipped into your timeline and it is excellent work.