Sir John Valentine Carden Survives. Part 2.

How about some lovely delicious Spam instead ?
20230703_110456.jpg
20230703_110436.jpg

Why the hell would you deep fry a pizza? Thats sounds kinda awful.
It’s alleged to be a Weegie thing. Mostly for tourists, like deep-fried Mars bars and chips.

Depp fried haggis and chips also, though that’s actually quite nice.
Nah - deep fried pizza is actually original Italian cuisine. . Deep field calzone version (folded pizza) is lovely.

Weegie version uses cheap frozen pizza (allegedly) but can't say I've ever tried it.

Deep fried mars bar origin is hotly disputed - chippie in Stonehaven near us is adamant they invented it.

Australia had a long history of Chinese cooking from the Goldfields days when Chinese migrants arrived on our shores, mainly from the Southern Provinces. After the Gold ran out, they established Chinese Restaurants and spread out around the continent. It wasn't really until post-war that Vietnamese and then later Cambodian migrants arrived from the SE Asian diaspora. Interesting, many learned to cook Thai-flavoured food in the refugee camps and so we had an explosion of those Restaurants around the inner cities in the late 1970s. In the 1980s-90s we had many Indians arrive from primarily Fiji and then later, India itself and so we had Indian .restaurants arrive on the scene.
Though I would argue in the suburbs the Thais have been pushing the Chinese out.
How about some lovely delicious Spam instead ? View attachment 841597View attachment 841598
Spam and bully beef are quite popular in more remote areas like PNG and the outback.

Garrison

Donor
For an interesting take on what the soldiers of WW2 actually had to eat, and indeed what their current day counterparts eat, this is a pretty good channel:

I was visiting my friend in Edinburgh late 80 went to a chippie and I was horrified to see them folding a frozen pizza in half and dropping it in the fryer then pulled out one for the guy in front with the grease flowing off. Knew Edinburghers had no class

I used to frequent a Chinese takeaway/Chippie in Crosby that did the best BBQ spare ribs.

The ribs they used were large ones, and you bought them by the rib for 50p each. They came with the most awesome tasting, but also most likely the most unhealthy, sauce ever, served with a tray of chips to absorb the sauce.

Utterly delicious, though you could hear your arteries hardening as you eat them.

Well I've had deep fried Mars bars in Scotland and deep fried Moro bars in New Zealand and both felt like like one's arteries were clogging as you ate.