The Confederate constitution tied the states together more loosely than the US one, and arguably the fact that they thought by hanging together they thought they'd be as strong as the US probably helped keep them together, but now that the confederates have figured out that functionally that even with Mexico (I'm sort of slicing the GAW into northern and southern halves) and 50 years to build up forces they can't defeat the US, what's the point? And yes, having a succession crisis will help blow things apart.

Does someone have a list of CSA Presidents handy?

The Confederate constitution tied the states together more loosely than the US one, and arguably the fact that they thought by hanging together they thought they'd be as strong as the US probably helped keep them together, but now that the confederates have figured out that functionally that even with Mexico (I'm sort of slicing the GAW into northern and southern halves) and 50 years to build up forces they can't defeat the US, what's the point? And yes, having a succession crisis will help blow things apart.

I am the sort of person who keeps track of these things...

Presidents of the COnfederate States of america

1. Jefferson Davis (MS)/Alexander Stephens (GA) 1861-1868
2. Nathan B. Forrest (TN)*/John C. Breckenridge (KY) 1868-1872
3. John C. Breckinridge (KY)/vacant 1872-1874
4. Isham G. Harris (TN)/Jubal Early (VA) 1874-1880
5. James Longstreet (VA)/Augustus H. Garland (AR) 1880-1886
6. Lucius Q.C. Lamar (MS)/Roger Q. Mills (TX) 1886-1892
7. John T. Morgan (AL)/Joseph C.S. Blackburn (KY) 1892-1898
8. Fitzhugh Lee (VA)/William B. Bate (TN) 1898-1904
9. Thomas G. Jones (AL)/James H. Tyler (VA) 1904-1910
10. Joseph F. Johnston (AL)*/Ellison D. Smith (SC) 1910-1913
11. Ellison D. Smith (SC)/vacant 1913-1916
12. James K. Vardaman (MS)*/George Patton (VA) 1916
13. George Patton (VA)**/vacant 1916-1918
14. Thomas S. Martin (VA)*/vacant 1918-1919

*Died in office
**Resigned office

This assumes the amendment is ratified in 1918, and Martin keeps his OTL death date on November, 1919. I have no clue what the succession looks like after that. (Then again, no one in the CSA government probably does, either...)

Can we get a list of Warlords?

Yay!!! More Cartoonishly evil royals!(not that I mind it...)
Don’t have such a list yet, and may never
Simply ordered US army detachments to demobilize outside of southern plantations. I’m sure if the black population of the CSA was all armed and de facto emancipated than simply recognizing that fact would be a bit easier
Ah - well, a bit of that is already going on at the margins

With the 700lbs gorilla in the room that just crushed them, I’d imagine many of the resentful southerners don’t want to be gobbled up one by one in the aftermath, so there’s more incentive to stick together (unless you’re Texas)
I am the sort of person who keeps track of these things...

Presidents of the COnfederate States of america

1. Jefferson Davis (MS)/Alexander Stephens (GA) 1861-1868
2. Nathan B. Forrest (TN)*/John C. Breckenridge (KY) 1868-1872
3. John C. Breckinridge (KY)/vacant 1872-1874
4. Isham G. Harris (TN)/Jubal Early (VA) 1874-1880
5. James Longstreet (VA)/Augustus H. Garland (AR) 1880-1886
6. Lucius Q.C. Lamar (MS)/Roger Q. Mills (TX) 1886-1892
7. John T. Morgan (AL)/Joseph C.S. Blackburn (KY) 1892-1898
8. Fitzhugh Lee (VA)/William B. Bate (TN) 1898-1904
9. Thomas G. Jones (AL)/James H. Tyler (VA) 1904-1910
10. Joseph F. Johnston (AL)*/Ellison D. Smith (SC) 1910-1913
11. Ellison D. Smith (SC)/vacant 1913-1916
12. James K. Vardaman (MS)*/George Patton (VA) 1916
13. George Patton (VA)**/vacant 1916-1918
14. Thomas S. Martin (VA)*/vacant 1918-1919

*Died in office
**Resigned office

This assumes the amendment is ratified in 1918, and Martin keeps his OTL death date on November, 1919. I have no clue what the succession looks like after that. (Then again, no one in the CSA government probably does, either...)
This looks correct.
Sure is great for CS stability that 1/3 of their Presidents will have served post-1910 once Martin croaks

Don’t have such a list yet, and may never

Ah - well, a bit of that is already going on at the margins

With the 700lbs gorilla in the room that just crushed them, I’d imagine many of the resentful southerners don’t want to be gobbled up one by one in the aftermath, so there’s more incentive to stick together (unless you’re Texas)

This looks correct.
Sure is great for CS stability that 1/3 of their Presidents will have served post-1910 once Martin croaks
The *really* bizarre thing is that even with seven people who will serve as Confederate president at some time during 191X (Jones, Johnston, Smith, Vardaman, Patton, Martin, ???) , that there were ten iOTL Mexico between 1835 and 1846 (Barragan, Corro, Bustamante, Santa Anna, Bravo, Canalizo, de Herrera, Paredes and Salas) and that doesn't count the people who served, left and came back multiple times. (and 1846-1857 was arguably *worse*) By the time Maximillian became Emperor there had been 30 people who had been President of Mexico in its 40 year history, some for as short as 2 days. By comparison, the United States's 30th President was Calvin Coolidge, who was president until 1929, so over a 140 year timespan...

I challenge you to get the Confederacy to 30 presidents by the time Long takes over.

The *really* bizarre thing is that even with seven people who will serve as Confederate president at some time during 191X (Jones, Johnston, Smith, Vardaman, Patton, Martin, ???) , that there were ten iOTL Mexico between 1835 and 1846 (Barragan, Corro, Bustamante, Santa Anna, Bravo, Canalizo, de Herrera, Paredes and Salas) and that doesn't count the people who served, left and came back multiple times. (and 1846-1857 was arguably *worse*) By the time Maximillian became Emperor there had been 30 people who had been President of Mexico in its 40 year history, some for as short as 2 days. By comparison, the United States's 30th President was Calvin Coolidge, who was president until 1929, so over a 140 year timespan...

I challenge you to get the Confederacy to 30 presidents by the time Long takes over.
I promised a Latin American style CSA, and by god I have delivered lol
I wonder how long it took someone to coin Texan Exceptionalism.
I imagine Texceptionalism is already beginning to spark up somewhere
Did it ever go away?
My man never did get over his first crush. I wonder how he feels about the European monarchs dying in the CEW
I'm actually editing some of the sections about younger LM right now for the next Amazon installment and, incidentally, Louis Maximilian generally holds much of European nobility in low esteem. Not contempt, per se, but by middle age he sees himself as fully Mexican despite having two parents of European noble stock

Louis Maximilian generally holds much of European nobility in low esteem. Not contempt, per se, but by middle age he sees himself as fully Mexican despite having two parents of European noble stock
Can't blame him, they reject him when he first went to Europe the first time. Still want to see his opinion on his maternal and paternal side of the family once shit hits the fan in Europe. He's going to be the last Hapsburg standing in the world.

Wait, what?
Is it the company Amazon we know, or is it the rainforest Amazon we know?
The TL is getting released in (overlong) chunks on Amazon
Can't blame him, they reject him when he first went to Europe the first time. Still want to see his opinion on his maternal and paternal side of the family once shit hits the fan in Europe. He's going to be the last Hapsburg standing in the world.
I wouldn’t go quite that far

I promised a Latin American style CSA, and by god I have delivered lol

Did it ever go away?

I'm actually editing some of the sections about younger LM right now for the next Amazon installment and, incidentally, Louis Maximilian generally holds much of European nobility in low esteem. Not contempt, per se, but by middle age he sees himself as fully Mexican despite having two parents of European noble stock
I think you need three presidents in a single month and a president removed in a Coup d'etat to reach Latin American CSA. Looking forward to you providing that. Oddly with the Mt. Vernon limitations on the Confederate Military. I'm trying to remember if a Virginia State Guard can be made without limits on size. Which reminds me, I'm trying to remember if the story has ever shown the return of the Confederate capital to Richmond...

On a similar note, has the Confederate capital remained in Charlotte? Because I think that having Long start his administration with a triumphant “Return to Richmond” would be a nice image to close out the Confederate Warlord Period.

Congrulations!
CONGRULATIONS!
Well it’s self pub haha don’t get too excited
I think you need three presidents in a single month and a president removed in a Coup d'etat to reach Latin American CSA. Looking forward to you providing that. Oddly with the Mt. Vernon limitations on the Confederate Military. I'm trying to remember if a Virginia State Guard can be made without limits on size. Which reminds me, I'm trying to remember if the story has ever shown the return of the Confederate capital to Richmond...
There’ll be something kinda putsch-adjacent down the line but we’re a long ways off
@KingSweden24 have there only been two Confederate national capitals?
Three if you count Montgomery briefly in 1861
On a similar note, has the Confederate capital remained in Charlotte? Because I think that having Long start his administration with a triumphant “Return to Richmond” would be a nice image to close out the Confederate Warlord Period.
Agreed. It’ll probably be more of just a legal shift to Richmond than a military campaign; part of what keeps things in Charlotte is Carolinian leaders in the Presidency (spoilers I gusss)

Will there be a Military Campaign between States for Reunification? Or will the Warlord Period mostly be States not trying to heed to Charlotte?
More of the latter. Think more constant whack-a-mole by Confederate officialdom to being local bosses to heel than the Northern Expedition